Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Liv3mind mrcp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2014, 09:32 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Liv3mind mrcp

Was digging through my buddies hobby shops storage area looking for a six g6' and found a new in box mini rock crawler pro, he sold it to me for 100$. some paint and this is what I have now, will start building her soon. I have everything except motor and esc, will be getting sidewinder micro, and il pick up a 17-21t motor for it soon.

Liv3mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2014, 03:02 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Liv3mind mrcp

Nice find! 100 is a steal NIB
FocusMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:38 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Very cool find.

That's a great deal.

Welcome to the board.
MRCrackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:08 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Parts on my desk/ordered:

Traxxas 2075 servo (temporary) I might put my extra 7950th on there
Ccbec
Cc sidewinder micro
Twin stacked 250mah hh lipos ran in parallel (they fit on the stock front plate with the servo)
Spektrum rx and tx (stock lnc)

Need to order:

Motor ( haven't quite decided on this one yet, I want wheel speed semi equal to my lnc with 18.5 and a 20t pinion, so I'm thinking hard on this)
Sounds like the extreme 380 is decent? Brood?
Old 03-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Go with Xtreme 380X or Losi RX280 geared with a 9-10t pinion. Good wheel speed while keeping the low end too, and they are quite cheap and the brushes are replaceable.

I think you'll need to drill new holes for the 380X in your motor plate, though :
(never tried it myself, went from RX280 bolt-on to Titan 380 that i had to mod)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracer
Also, the transmission needed a motor plate
that would fit a 380 motor
(running the xtreme 380x heli motor on
sidewinder micro)
daver18qc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I think my lhs has the sliders so maybe Il grab that thanks for the info. Mounted my 7950th this morning, I shoot some pics later of what I have so far

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2014, 07:23 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

The losi slider 280 motor works good in mine! They are about $20 on ebay! Just run a small pinion they are faster than my LCC!
huskerfan406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:45 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I'm at a stand still until my sidewinder micro comes in :/. I wanna drive this thing so bad haha. I wish there was a 1.9 class here but no one runs them and the slick rocks (aside from the 2 I have for my boys) aren't selling well here

Sent from my RM-927_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk
Old 03-29-2014, 09:24 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Here are a couple pics of the servo mounted up with the batteries on the front tray, I made a steering link, and there is no rubbing on the servo and no rubbing on the batteries, so I managed a "500" mah battery on the front axle. I'm gunna make 2 more of them tomorrow, I mounted the rx on the rear axle and am going to mount the esc and bec together inside the chassis or behind the front axle I haven't decided yet, next will be doing a droop setup with the shocks.

Anyone have a suggestion for shock oil wt for a droop setup on these things?

I'm going to be running a light setup with maybe an 2oz in total knuckle weight front and 0 rear. For the future I'm Waiting for someone to release a chassis, will do the axle mods, maybe some wheels, anyone still making white wheels?

Old 03-30-2014, 11:22 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

And we are in full droop........internally limited 4mm. Using bic gel pen springs, il maybe try other springs after i drive it some, My motor and sidewinder micro should be in lhs Tuesday, do some soldering/wiring and I will be driving it. What's a good area to start on voltage for bec? I was thinking 5.5v wouldn't be too much and 6.0v+ would be pushing it?

Last edited by Liv3mind; 03-30-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I run my 7950 at 6v and is plenty for my 2lb 8oz rig..

I have thought about turning it up to 6.6v, as that is where my ESC cut off is set at.
But for some reason, my bec won't read on the castle link and I didn't feel like swapping out the bec, just for Way over kill servo power.. But if I could of, I would of!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:57 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
I run my 7950 at 6v and is plenty for my 2lb 8oz rig..

I have thought about turning it up to 6.6v, as that is where my ESC cut off is set at.
But for some reason, my bec won't read on the castle link and I didn't feel like swapping out the bec, just for Way over kill servo power.. But if I could of, I would of!

6.0 it is then!
Old 03-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Here are our families 3 1.9 crawlers. I'm seriously considering a 2nd for myself depending on how much I like mine post build. But that would make 7 rc cars and my wife might not appreciate that so we will cross that later lol

Old 03-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Just paint them all the same color, she will never notice when you add another to the stable lol
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 05:18 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Just paint them all the same color, she will never notice when you add another to the stable lol

Lol that's awesome, but it wouldn't work for me, she plays with each and knows what they all are haha
Old 03-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

You can try building a new one for "the kids"! It's what I do.. Lol..
I have my 6 classes/comp rigs and then " my son " has a decked out wraith running brushless and a kyosho mini inferno running brushless..
Now I'm building "for my daughter", another mini and a 2.2s..
The scx xj is a replica of my wife's 1:1 xj.. So since " that's hers ", im goin to need to build up the semi hopped up scx roller I have in the basement for me.. Lmao....
The TF2 was cause I didn't have a class 1(and I traded for it, a scx that I had 80$ into) lol..
Old 03-30-2014, 06:07 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
You can try building a new one for "the kids"! It's what I do.. Lol..
I have my 6 classes/comp rigs and then " my son " has a decked out wraith running brushless and a kyosho mini inferno running brushless..
Now I'm building "for my daughter", another mini and a 2.2s..
The scx xj is a replica of my wife's 1:1 xj.. So since " that's hers ", im goin to need to build up the semi hopped up scx roller I have in the basement for me.. Lmao....
The TF2 was cause I didn't have a class 1(and I traded for it, a scx that I had 80$ into) lol..

I'm sure another will work its way in, she says I can but my other projects have to at least be driving before I start another, I have my lnc comp sportsman, my "wife's" lnc blazer, my xr10 comp pro (building slowly) my scx10 dingo kit (still in the box un opened), my mrcp (building), and my kids both have slick rocks. So I guess I lied, if I got another it would be 8 lol. Problem is I will probably want a pretty unmolested or new mrcp again which means I will pay alot. iF I can find one

Last edited by Liv3mind; 03-30-2014 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:26 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Loving the color scheme! Too bad you had to chop off the nose. But I kinda like the look. Do you think mounting the battery behind the servo on the links would work? I did it on my Pro with success! I then trimmed the servo/battery plate and re-drilled to center the servo to give more steering angle. My servo is a Hitec HS-5645 MG. Move the battery to the top of the upper links and see if everything clears. Keep in mind that my battery is the original Losi LiPo for the MRC. Try it. You might like it.
ClovisCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:47 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

I now where one for sale is, with XR steering, t1e chassis, mongoose system etc, etc.. All kinds of hopped up! I just don't need another..

But.... I guess it wouldn't be what ur looking for, as it's not a mrc pro.. Just the shocks, trans, and rear axle would fit into the category.. ;)
Old 03-30-2014, 09:55 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClovisCrawler View Post
Loving the color scheme! Too bad you had to chop off the nose. But I kinda like the look. Do you think mounting the battery behind the servo on the links would work? I did it on my Pro with success! I then trimmed the servo/battery plate and re-drilled to center the servo to give more steering angle. My servo is a Hitec HS-5645 MG. Move the battery to the top of the upper links and see if everything clears. Keep in mind that my battery is the original Losi LiPo for the MRC. Try it. You might like it.

I was thinking about battery on upper links, I ran my sporty like that for a couple months, but I think with this one I will leave in on the axle for now until I do the front axle mod, I'm thinking I will gain enough width there to increase my steering to where I will be happy and still keep the servo\battery as far forward as possible. I also may center the servo and run 1 250mah on either side of the servo in parallel. I'm running the losi micro rally lipos in parallel. I hated the front when I first chopped it, but the more I see it the more it reminds me of a boxer with a broken nose lol

Sent from my Lumia Icon using Tapatalk

Liv3mind mrcp - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MRCP and MCRCP mitchponton Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 43 07-04-2014 03:46 PM
Losi MRCP mitchponton Micro Scale Rigs 5 06-22-2014 02:23 PM
MRCP Servo Mounts? skullking Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 5 07-08-2011 05:16 PM
Back in the Game MRCP ScalerLover Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 3 07-05-2011 04:57 PM