Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: New to MRC what parts from the slickrock are interchangable?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2014, 01:01 PM   #1

Default New to MRC what parts from the slickrock are interchangable?

mainly will these fit the MRC?

Vaterra VTR214016 Front Spindles & Carriers with Hardware Slickrock

Vaterra VTR214016 Front Spindles Carriers with Hardware Slickrock | eBay
nsomniacNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2014, 05:24 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New to MRC what parts from the slickrock are interchangable?

Yes, they will work..
there are some better options out there, if you wanted.

All parts are the same between the 2, btw
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:17 PM   #3

Thank you for the reply. Now when you say "all" do you mean all? lol Any suggestions on some reasonably priced upgrades?
some the info i have been able to find about motor/esc upgrades on the forums are out of date, any suggestions on where to look or even a combo itself?

Last edited by nsomniacNP; 08-31-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:26 PM   #4
RCC Addict

The majority of the drivetrain and suspension parts are identical other than parts numbers and packages.
89redranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:18 PM   #5

any suggestions on a waterproof esc/motor combo with a motor that will mount directly to the MRC without any drilling?
Old 08-31-2014, 08:15 PM   #6
RCC Addict

I don't really recommend MRCs and water together personally. Like I said, "personally."

Small bearings, tiny hardware, and gears that don't handle grit, mud, water, and corrosion being the top reasons. My experiences with MRCs and mud and water have always ended in quick failure. Seized bearings, dead spurs, rusted THEN stripped tiny hardware, and, and, and...
Old 08-31-2014, 09:14 PM   #7

understandable and i am agreeing completely, ok how about non water proof a lil faster than stcok? again preferably without drilling into motor mount
Old 08-31-2014, 11:40 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Castle Micro Sidewinder+Xtreme 380+3s LiPo+64T Venom GPV-1 spur mod+a 12T pinion is my favorite combo yet (though I don't actually even run or own minis any more). I'd recommend at least a high torque servo on a BEC, CVDs, MIP driveshafts, steel lockers throughout axles and trans, and an HR billet intermediate trans gear with the plastic bottom gear(the HR gear is prone to wallering out the outdrive holes) as upgrades before ever worrying about more power and speed though.

Last edited by 89redranger; 09-01-2014 at 02:03 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 01:16 AM   #9

Thanks again! this is the detailed information i need in my life, I have two currently and running 4ws with standard 1/10 servos and BEC's on both. bought the metal fr/r, center metal lockers an figure i will replace once they break, I have been looking at the MIP center driveshafts for a bit now but its hard to pull the trigger on them for two vehicles at the same time lol.

Any links to this Extreme 380 motor? TIA
Old 09-01-2014, 02:02 PM   #10
RCC Addict

The Xtreme motor can be found for about $9 on EBAY. I'm actually a distributor for Xtreme Productions myself, but can't justify buying a star and whatnot to sell a few motors. They used to have a MOQ of 10 motors direct, and I'm STILL sitting on a few of them from my last order. Ended up giving more of them away than I sold.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:08 PM   #11
RCC Addict

The Venom 64T spur mod is at post #68. Very easy to do, and fills the gap between the commonly available 62T spurs, and the Associated 66T everybody loves. They make these spurs ranging from 62T-65T, IIRC. Just search Google for "Venom GPV-1 --T spur." Fill in the -- with the tooth count of your choice, then press order.

89redranger's MRC Pro build/rebuild for 2014

Also, I gave you the wrong tooth counts in my original post. This rig runs the exact combo I mentioned, but with a 9 tooth pinion on the 64T spur. Not a 12T, which would be better for 2s with a 62T spur.

Last edited by 89redranger; 09-01-2014 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:25 PM   #12

Both of the mrc's I own are now overheating the motor I just burnt up two motors in a matter of two runs in the backyard, I have g-made sr03 beadlocks on them could they be to heavy? I am running 2s lipos with alarm, stock gearing is there a possibility that the esc is bad?
Old 09-01-2014, 04:36 PM   #13

Wanna sell a few of those motors? If your tired of sitting on them I would gladly take a few as my RC experience has been a realization of the importance of spares, spares, spares lol
Old 09-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #14
RCC Addict

If you're burning motors that quick you've got binding happening somewhere. If the wheels were the only change, check to be sure the hex socket in the back of the wheel isn't too deep for the thin stock hexes, and allowing the wheels to rub the knuckles and/or rear lockouts. It really doesn't take much drag further up in the drivetrain to burn these little motors up.

As for the spare motors I have, at this point they are exactly that...spares for my daughter's rig. She has the only mini left in the house, is 6 years old, and not easy on things. When she's out of spare motors though, the rig gets retired and she'll be moving into either an SCX10, or the new Vaterra Ascender. Is it sad that I'm ready to see our last mini be retired?

Rockin her serious face wheelin the backyard course(s)-

Old 09-01-2014, 05:29 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

That's ur backyard!? I just realized,.... I hate you! Lmao...

My daughters 5 and ready for her mrc.. Which is about 2 weeks away from happening..

With the new CCC chassis in the mail, I'll either set her up with the mini mantis or the FUBAR chassis I have here..
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #16
RCC Addict

This is actually an MRC copy. It's an Exceed Maxstone 16, which I built for her 4th B-Day. Very well built for what it is. Only problems in two years are motors, a servo, and some loose screws. She beats the snot out of it, though stock non-weighted wheels help.

The "build" album (more polishing and painting than actual building)-

And, you wouldn't hate me if you saw what the course/yard looked like BEFORE 3 years of moving rock and picking up trash. Bums used to sleep in our front yard under the trees, leaving their needles, booze bottle, and piss stained clothes and bedding behind. This place was straight ghetto. Not no mo!

Our landlords (we rent, I have to leave the yard when we move ) bitched about our intentions at first, but haven't heard a complaint in two years or so...other than the occasional gate marker or bridge, it just looks like a nice rock feature. A big one! To top it off, you really can't see it from the road after planting 7+ foot tall sunflowers.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:25 PM   #17

it is sad because I just got in to these lil MRC's and they are dying off faster than i realized when i got them. Now i dont know what i will get into next this similar size for my course i just built in the back yard lol
Old 09-01-2014, 07:26 PM   #18

ill check for binding

New to MRC what parts from the slickrock are interchangable? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tranny swap, wraith, ax10, scx10 interchangable? summervillecrawler Axial Wraith 2 11-10-2011 08:47 PM
Hot Racing Interchangable C's? Mudsy Tamiya Clod Buster 0 05-01-2009 08:12 PM