Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: E.Y. Designs Brass MRC/Slickrock Knuckles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #1
E.Y. Designs

Default E.Y. Designs Brass MRC/Slickrock Knuckles

E.Y. Designs is now selling Brass knuckles for Losi Mini Rock Crawlers. They bolt right onto a stock Losi Mini Rock Crawler or Vaterra Slickrock. These are CNC machined from 360 Brass and 7075 Aluminum. They have a very nice polished finish on them. All knuckles come with M3 Black Oxide hardware. Each knuckle weighs about 1.2 oz each. They have holes on them for mounting more weight onto them.

Here's vendor thread with pricing information. E.Y. Designs Brass MRC/Slickrock Knuckles

Feel free to post up any questions you have about them.

EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2014, 06:47 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: E.Y. Designs Brass MRC/Slickrock Knuckles

Fit & finish on these knuckles is outstanding! I have them on my MRC, but haven't gotten a chance to run it just yet, as I need to pick up a set of wideners and fab up a new tie rod. The HR one I currently have is a bit too short since the steering arms are relocated up higher and a bit further apart compared to stock. May end up just reconfiguring steering to an OTA set-up anyway.

Wideners I need simply because my Dark Soul beadlocks don't like the length of the knuckles. I could likely shave the ends down a bit for clearance, but then I'm losing some weight, which is the main reason for these being brass. So a cheap set of wideners should put me back in business.

Check out Ev's build thread, though. There's a cool vid of these being machined!
Sh0rtBus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:43 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0rtBus View Post
Fit & finish on these knuckles is outstanding! I have them on my MRC, but haven't gotten a chance to run it just yet, as I need to pick up a set of wideners and fab up a new tie rod. The HR one I currently have is a bit too short since the steering arms are relocated up higher and a bit further apart compared to stock. May end up just reconfiguring steering to an OTA set-up anyway.

Wideners I need simply because my Dark Soul beadlocks don't like the length of the knuckles. I could likely shave the ends down a bit for clearance, but then I'm losing some weight, which is the main reason for these being brass. So a cheap set of wideners should put me back in business.

Check out Ev's build thread, though. There's a cool vid of these being machined!
I can say that the V2 ones have a better fit in the bearing pocket and the tapping is a little deeper + the finish is shiny.
Crawling Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 12:58 AM   #4

Are these still available? Where are they sold?
0reo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 12:18 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0reo View Post
Are these still available? Where are they sold?
x2...I wouldn't mind having a set myself
billet works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 12:46 PM   #6

I received mine recently. They are awesome. Do take the time to apply loctite to all the screws though. I didn't and lost a couple first trip out. Luckly I had spares. Lucky I didn't lose the aluminum bits.

He responds to PM on facebook very quickly. Purchase was basically sending him $65 via paypal. He ships quick.

Last edited by 0reo; 01-16-2016 at 12:49 PM.
0reo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 06:30 PM   #7
E.Y. Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by billet works View Post
x2...I wouldn't mind having a set myself

Yep still available
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote

E.Y. Designs Brass MRC/Slickrock Knuckles - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E.Y. Designs Brass MRC/Slickrock Knuckles EverettY Axles, Trannys, T-case 1 12-23-2017 02:23 PM
New to MRC what parts from the slickrock are interchangable? nsomniacNP Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 17 09-01-2014 07:26 PM
chassis idea...brass knuckles? gotajeep Redcat Crawlers 9 02-08-2013 01:02 PM