RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Losi Mini-Rock Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/)
-   -   Crawler noob (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/510310-crawler-noob.html)

NeedDirection 09-30-2014 09:33 AM

Crawler noob

So dug out my stick rtr mrc out yesterday. Finally have time an money to play with this. I love in wichita is and am pretty sure that no comps are close to me. But I want to build a 1.9 comp out of it.
What are some of the frames that are available today? I see a bunch of new stuff for the mrc in build threads but can never find the stuff for sale anywhere. Help!?!?

ClovisCrawler 09-30-2014 09:34 AM

Re: Crawler noob

I love my MRC Pro just the way it is

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

NeedDirection 09-30-2014 10:21 AM

It's fun but it's currently my only rc so need to upgrade and want to be able to crawl with the best... The best of no one to crawl with. Just want to tinker and make it better.

Snarf77 09-30-2014 10:56 AM

Winnerone23 has a zillion page thread with one of the coolest MRCs I've ever seen:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-...une-crawl.html

I read all 17 pages. Super cool.

picklewagon 09-30-2014 09:01 PM

Unfortunately it's far from a one stop shop question you're asking here. You'll have to do the work digging through miles of threads to see what has been done. If it is a mrc pro (carbon chassis) you're a lot closer than you might think and you should start with wheels and tires and weight placement. If it's the original mrc (aluminum chassis that looks like the letter T from the side) you should start with a new chassis and front center and rear lockers. Hope this helps.

NeedDirection 10-01-2014 07:04 AM

That is great advice. I am excited to get this rolling again. Trying to decide if I want to piece build mine or by a comp roller. Thanks for the information though! I have been searching through build threads and pretty much have everything figured out as far as direction I want to go with it. On the lockers where would be the best place to get them? Searching now!

winnerone23 10-01-2014 07:11 AM

The bay has them.. F/R, Vtr212027, x2.. An C, vtr212028, x1..

NeedDirection 10-02-2014 11:31 AM

Still gonna slowly build this mrc but not for me but for my 3year old. So I will start ordering the goods for it and when he isn't looking I will toss the upgrades in. I purchased ghost's 1.9comp roller. So I will be I search of a good radio, servo and esc soon!

Snarf77 10-02-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedDirection (Post 4909293)
Still gonna slowly build this mrc but not for me but for my 3year old. So I will start ordering the goods for it and when he isn't looking I will toss the upgrades in. I purchased ghost's 1.9comp roller. So I will be I search of a good radio, servo and esc soon!

Get some pics posted. I think I'll be giving my stock MRC to the wifey for her to drive around and I may pick up a nicer roller with some mods already done as well.

NeedDirection 10-02-2014 01:02 PM

It's being shipped today so pictures when it arrives!

NeedDirection 10-07-2014 09:14 AM

Ok ghosts roller came in. I will get pictures posted ASAP. I got my stock one wired up with deans connectors and working properly. Where can I get stock rtr sized batteries on the cheap? Once I get a couple new batteries the stock one will get wrapped for Christmas. I need to order hubs for the dlux wheels and electronics.

EverettY 10-07-2014 09:33 AM

Check out hobbyking they're Turnigy Nano-Tech's work great and are cheap... get like something around 350mah-450mah 2s depending on how much room you have for batteries...

NeedDirection 10-07-2014 09:54 AM

Awesome! Ghosts rig looks like it will take a tiny battery but the stock one runs the stock losi battery so tons of room

winnerone23 10-07-2014 10:22 AM

Nano-tech 300mah 45-90C 2s, for tight places.. Or just to save room..
Check out Lattice Innovations "Shift" hubs.. Pm BC-Brian for a set..
They take all the guess work out of what hub sizes you need. They come with spacer's to make any width.. And come with 12 holes.. 6 threaded and 6 blank's at 2.5mm, perfect for a 3mm tap!

NeedDirection 10-07-2014 10:48 AM

What size bolts do the dlux wheels require? I will have to check the bag of hardware to see if it came with the wheel fasteners but I am assuming they are with the vp hubs that used to be on this truck.

Ghost 10-07-2014 12:46 PM

the vp hubs require 4-40 screws but the shift hubs would also be an option
also ran little zippy 350mah batts on the servo/batt mount think they were like 3 or 4 bucks a piece

winnerone23 10-07-2014 03:36 PM

Yes 4-40.. 6 of the hubs screw's are threaded for 4-40 on the Shift hubs..
Ok, didn't realize you already had hubs..

Crawling Calvin 10-08-2014 08:29 PM

big thing is to change the plastic gears (NOT the spur gear!) to metal. Or your kid will strip them out in no-time flat! Switching to locked front/rear diffs just makes it easier for the car to crawl oh and it is less gears to strip too :ror:. Just peek around at the different threads. Oh and get a decent standard steering servo from a good brand name. My mini has a 7950 but that could be called overkill :).

Start out simple but if you find a good deal on parts or upgrades pick them up since they will come in handy later on. Mini's are addicting!

NeedDirection 10-16-2014 09:33 AM

Well I am abouts to order the parts for ghosts rig, I got the stock one sorted and working correctly again. Now order a couple extra batteries for the stock one, lockers for sure as well. Then wrapping up the stock one for Christmas. I picking out an esc I am gonna try and run. Debating on motor still. And still need to find a tiny reciever and transmitter for it. Servo I am debating between the super cheap solar d722 or the real high torque savox. If I can't make that decision I will fall back on a hitec 645mg. Just need ghosts rig rolling on the cheap so I can drive with my son. :)

NeedDirection 10-22-2014 05:31 AM

I am still around. I can't decide on any electronics :(

I just ordered hubs though and will be a good roller by early next week. Then I just need to figure out the electronics!