Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Dravpnir tries to build something small, again...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2015, 06:53 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Dravpnir tries to build something small, again...

I just need to switch out the temporary panels for some proper ones and the mini will start it's journey across the pond

Say Whaaaat!? So not Cool!

Make him build his own Tobias! ;)
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2015, 10:59 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
I just need to switch out the temporary panels for some proper ones and the mini will start it's journey across the pond

Say Whaaaat!? So not Cool!

Make him build his own Tobias! ;)
In due time my friend.. In due time
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:51 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

Good grief man! It's been years since I've drove a mini crawler, but I know for a fact it didn't perform like this! This rig is absolutely amazing! Stupid stable, great clearance, great steering.. Just a great rig overall.. I can hardly wait for Vegas
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:53 PM   #84
Pebble Pounder

I'm building mine rt now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
fshnut007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 02:18 PM   #85
Pebble Pounder

Congrats tobias for you 3°position eurocrawl
first podium for you??
david511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 05:14 AM   #86
DravTech

Quote:
Originally Posted by david511 View Post
Congrats tobias for you 3°position eurocrawl
first podium for you??
Thanks!

Yes, my first podium. My usual goal is normally not to get last, so I still cannot believe this

The only sad part of the competitions were when some fishing line got wrapped around the rear axle and I had to remove it and that made me DNF on that course

Other than that it was only driver misstakes. As david511 got second place with my mini and Zarizi Tech got first place with Vätte (which uses the same parts) the rig has a lot more to give with better piloting skills

The mini just work. I changed out the rear spring to a pink one to get the suspension a little it softer, but I think I like the stiffer spring better in the rear so for 2016 season I will change it back.

Only changes made since it was at Worlds is that I moved the electronics to the rear as I did with Zarizi Tech's Vätte. That also made the suspension in the front a little more free moving.

The motor didn't feel as punchy as last time (or just my mind playing tricks on me) so perhaps it is time for some TLC for it. I got new brushes for it and I will see if that helps. Or perhaps go down to a 13T pinion instead of my 14T.

Dravpnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 06:19 AM   #87
RCC Addict

Congrats chief for your podium! You drove really well in there, so it was well deserved!
Zarizi Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:34 AM   #88
Quarry Creeper

Congrats again for the 3rd ! And thank you for all you bring in that sport !!
Glad to meet you there and hope see you soon .
Cirederf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 10:44 AM   #89
Pebble Pounder

congrats! very nice machine!
SilverRidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 07:38 PM   #90
Pebble Pounder

Congrats Tobias

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
fshnut007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:12 AM   #91
DravTech

Nordic's 2016 was my first comp after EuroCrawl 2015. For once I actually had some time to run a few batteries with the mini to check that all was ok with it and it was. It is still the same as for EuroCrawl and I even didnt have to tighten any screws or refill the shocks... such a "boring" rig...

The first course (of four) was not a good one. I think the sun had gotten to my concentration. But Samu told me to shape up, and I didn't dare to disobey him...

The other 3 courses went much better and for me the results were very good. The podium looked unreachable due to the bad driving on course 1. "Luckily" Steinar had a bad course 4 so I managed to steal the third position

The results

One happy Dravpnir! This is only my second trophy and I really need to practise more to have a chance to get another one in Worlds 2016... Only things that worry me is that I got some new mini ideas I need to build...

Thanks to Samu there is even a video of one of the courses. Luckily not course one

Old 07-19-2016, 07:07 AM   #92
I wanna be Dave

im waiting to see when these axles will be on your shapeways but im also waiting for a 2.2 sportsman concept with this design of axles....
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:22 AM   #93
DravTech

Thanks!

The axles will not appear on Shapeways I am sorry to say... However, they are up on my webshop now

1.9 Mini – DravTech

I have been sketching on some 2.2 axles too but that is something that is far in the future. Right now I am focusing on building up DravTech and some more mini parts.

Last edited by Dravpnir; 07-19-2016 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-19-2016, 07:31 AM   #94
I wanna be Dave

thank you kindly sir.

and yes I figured that out.. I thought they were not in production yet until I clicked on your link.

a 2.2s axle wouldn't be too hard. just need to add some material to widen the axles is all.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:01 AM   #95
RCC Addict

Ok. So you may not want to give away your secrets, but where are you hiding all of the electronics on your rig? I ask because I did order a new set of axles after being pretty happy with the performance of my Delux night crawler'ish rig, but wanting more bulletproofing. I know right now, I have my battery on my front axle and I think I have the esc wrapped with the receiver up front. We have been out of the game for a bit and I cannot remember.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:16 AM   #96
DravTech

Hi,

I have the electronics the same way I placed it in Samu's mini. The battery sits beside the servo on the front axle.

Last edited by Dravpnir; 07-07-2017 at 06:22 AM.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:44 PM   #97
RCC Addict

Thanks for posting these pics. I looked closer at mine and I'm roughly the same setup, and it should work great with your axles.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:45 AM   #98
RCC Addict

Ok. So I have been working some with your axles. I am impressed so far. All is going to be great.

I do have a few quick questions if that is ok. I am going to be running the DLux knuckle hub weights. I am pretty certain however that my old wheels will not fit.

1. Anyone have any suggestions for glue on wheels with a large back cavity (hopefully adjustable hubs)?

2. I measured my setup without wheels. I am using the VP chub with camber. So my setup is really wide. I am going o be lucky to make it under 8" Is that normal?
Old 12-30-2017, 03:02 PM   #99
RCC Addict

Hey folks. I need a touch of help after scoping this build. I have been working with the splined axle up front and I am doing everything I can to get this thing to a width of 8”. I’m using super thin hex’s and road touring wheels and all. Is there a trick to getting this all dialed? Thanks.
Old 12-30-2017, 07:01 PM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
Hey folks. I need a touch of help after scoping this build. I have been working with the splined axle up front and I am doing everything I can to get this thing to a width of 8”. I’m using super thin hex’s and road touring wheels and all. Is there a trick to getting this all dialed? Thanks.
I'll help.. But.....
I need to see your setup and need to know what all "I am doing everything I can to get this thing to a width of 8"."
IE: have you shaved the hex area off the wheel and bolted the face to a Hub? Such as a SHIFT HUBs, from Lattice Innovations? You want the Slim Shifts..

Have you cut the C down, so it slides in on the splines further? Cut the splined section of the axle down, as much as you cut the C..
Which means, you have to shorten the axle shaft's, close to as much as the splines and the C...

Or.. you could simple buy the proper wheels, from Tobias..
Or.. Since you are using Dlux knuckles, you could run Dlux 1.9 wheels.. (I can't say for sure, because I can't see your truck and/or what you're working with)

What is your width, right now??
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Dravpnir tries to build something small, again... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dravpnir tries to build something Super big Dravpnir Superclass Crawlers 41 12-09-2016 03:44 PM
Dravpnir tries to build something really small Dravpnir Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 7 03-11-2015 01:33 AM
Dravpnir tries to build something small Dravpnir Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 221 11-10-2014 02:28 PM
Dravpnir tries to build something even lighter Dravpnir EnRoute Berg 88 08-03-2014 02:58 PM
Dravpnir tries to build something light Dravpnir EnRoute Berg 125 04-23-2014 06:01 AM