Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: ECX Temper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2015, 08:24 AM   #21

Default Re: ECX Temper

what servo mount did you use for the rear axle?
SLEDHEDONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2015, 09:10 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEDHEDONE View Post
what servo mount did you use for the rear axle?
I have a stock front one on order for the back.
Chewitt214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:54 AM   #23

Hi there,

I am curious how you got the side mounts to top mounts, What did you use to fit that body on there ? Do you also happen to know if a e-revo 1/16 scale body will fit

superbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:36 AM   #24

So far, I am impressed with my Temper. Box stock still. Did open up the body mount holes a bit with a reamer so the body goes on easier. And reamed a hole in the cowling just ahead of the windshield to access the ESC on/off switch. I feel the Temper is worth the price for what I got.

That said, the extent of its crawling has been my 4x4 workshop rock table. I've yet to get it out on the backyard course. The pistol grip radio is really nice. Surprise there. Throttle response is a bit 'jerky' in reverse. The Temper chassis/body takes a 'torque set' to the left during operation. Looks a little strange, but getting used to it.

I measured the turning circle at 58" left turn and 57" right turn. That's with 1/4" clearance still remaining to the links. That gives me a tight enough radius to use on my indoor rock table. Thinking my first mod is to 4WS/AWS. Mechanically, it looks easy enough to do. Electronically, I'll have to research that.

arnieH

Last edited by arnieH; 09-25-2016 at 09:40 AM.
arnieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:05 AM   #25

Completed the 4WS mod to the Temper and took it for its first test drive this morning. Up side: turning circle is down from 58" to 41". That really helps on my 4'x4' rock table. Down side: more torque lift on the right front.

While about it, upgraded to a Spektrum radio/SR410 receiver and Axial AE-5 ESC. Adjusting a Spektrum is new to me, but getting the hang of it. No on/off switch on the AE-5. Axial relies on battery plug in for the power up. Not sure I like that. Guess I'll get used to it.

Cheers, arnieH
arnieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 08:45 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnieH View Post
Completed the 4WS mod to the Temper and took it for its first test drive this morning. Up side: turning circle is down from 58" to 41". That really helps on my 4'x4' rock table. Down side: more torque lift on the right front.

While about it, upgraded to a Spektrum radio/SR410 receiver and Axial AE-5 ESC. Adjusting a Spektrum is new to me, but getting the hang of it. No on/off switch on the AE-5. Axial relies on battery plug in for the power up. Not sure I like that. Guess I'll get used to it.

Cheers, arnieH
for the torque lift, did you turn the motor around? that's one of the first things I did. Now it lifts in reverse instead of forward. its a must do IMO.
nate94gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 05:11 PM   #27
RCC Addict

I'm contemplating a new chassis to transfer parts from my Slickrock. Is the ECX Temper close enough to the Losi MRC that I could transfer the axles, center gearbox, and aluminum shocks without hacking the Temper's chassis to bits?
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:55 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate94gt View Post
for the torque lift, did you turn the motor around? that's one of the first things I did. Now it lifts in reverse instead of forward. its a must do IMO.
Great idea. I just turned mine around. I need dry rocks now to try it out. Thanks.
Bench Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:37 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench Racer View Post
Great idea. I just turned mine around. I need dry rocks now to try it out. Thanks.
You should be able to check it just by giving it throttle on dry ground
nate94gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 06:31 PM   #30

I tested it on an incline. No go. Still twists, like mad. It was worth a shot.

I have a plan to triangulate the lower links. From what I've been told by my 1:1 crawler builder friend, that's the direction I should go.
I also want to move the shock mount locations on the frame so they are more vertical. I have some tools at work that can help.
I know I'm brand new here, but if I'm successful, I'll post pics.
Bench Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 11:59 PM   #31
RCC Addict

4 linking at least the rear and moving the shocks outboard of the chassis and on the axle. Then play with tuning of the shocks. torque twist will be minimal along with flipping that transmission. At least all that worked great on my old mrc rtr.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote

ECX Temper - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Temper Tantrum Clod-Pounder hellbounder Mega/Monster Trucks 18 06-23-2015 06:24 PM
New ecx buggy BOB66 Newbie General 0 01-29-2015 06:23 AM
Purpose Built: Tundra with a Temper Desert Rc 1.9 Scale Rigs 47 08-18-2011 07:55 AM
fat paintball kid temper grizz Chit Chat 13 09-21-2008 06:06 PM