Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Ecx temper upgrades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2015, 10:00 PM   #1

Default Ecx temper upgrades

Hello all, I'm new to the rc crawler world, and was wondering what tires would fit and work well on the stock ecx temper deadlocks. Also anyone done a four link conversion on one of these, if so pictures would be appreciated. One last question, what is a cheap motor that I can drop right in without changing esc that might give it a touch more speed, thanks all

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk
rehnjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2015, 02:18 PM   #2

Default Re: Ecx temper upgrades

I just got two of these for my kids. They have the standard 12mm hex so you can swap it to 1.9s for more wheel and tire choices.
joe_and_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_and_jeep View Post
I just got two of these for my kids. They have the standard 12mm hex so you can swap it to 1.9s for more wheel and tire choices.
Thanks, now just gotta wait to get paid

Sent from my C6740N using Tapatalk
rehnjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:05 PM   #4

If you put 1.9's on look at junfac wheel wideners otherwise they rub on the suspension links when turning. I put flat iron xl's on my sons, make sure to use red loctite as I read they come loose otherwise, but the tire upgrade is huge. I also put 4oz in each front wheel and 2 oz in the back and with the stock power when it has enough power it out crawls my scx10 in a lot of situations. Wet logs or roots and rocks that my scx10 needs speed for it crawls over like nothing now. Very fun rig.

Im looking at figuring out a 4 link and different shocks to try to deal with the torque twist. On certain climbs the twist makes it roll if you are climbing on an angle.

I dont know the brand but I also have foams that have two different densities in the tires. They flex very well over rocks etc to grab traction. I got them with a used scx10 I bought.

Last edited by THX_138; 12-14-2015 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Merge, posting a minute apart
Chewitt214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:40 PM   #5

I installed Proline Faultline 1.9 beadlocks with HPI Rover tires (red). I drilled air holes in the wheels.

They were a huge improvement over stock. I should have weighted the fronts.

I replaced the stock electronics with a Spektrum srs4210 Rx and an Ultrawing 60A water proof ESC.

I tried a 4WS setup with a second S603 servo. It worked ok... I think the rig needs a better servo. I intend to upgrade to the S6230 before I try 4WS again.

I too am looking for information on a four link conversion.
KingPin64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ecx temper upgrades - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ECX Temper spectre Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 30 01-03-2017 11:59 PM
exc temper 1/18 crawler upgrades Chewitt214 Newbie General 4 11-15-2015 01:37 PM