Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: ECX Temper scale test and tune

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2016, 07:50 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: ECX Temper scale test and tune

That turned out really well with the accessories, I especially like the rifle and gun rack
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2016, 05:53 AM   #22
Pebble Pounder

is that a 45 on the dash? Love the detailing! What a lucky kid to have such a cool Dad.
802Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:37 AM   #23

That looks awesome! I love the jacked up farm truck look! Makes me wish I had kept my MRC and went scaler with it.
Sube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 09:53 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Wow, just wow. I never thought that would have turned out so bloody cool!!! Great job.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 04:44 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

802bronco, that's a Beretta 92 on the dash. at least as close to one as it can be.

Thanks for all the great comments guys! I know it's not as scale as some other's work on here but my 11 year old daughter loves it.
jj650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:47 PM   #26

Wow JJ650, just seeing this. I am new to the forum and am probably getting my start with a Redcat E16 and I know I will want to go scale later on when $ permits and I have gotten a bit used to things. So I know it's been a few. How is the Pink Beast running? Would love a report on how it crawls after all the changes. The weathering is sweet. Oh and I see it's a Stampede body... so then 1/10 scale body? If that's the case it's comforting to see it wasn't too bad to get the wheel base out some and look that good as a scaler. 1/16 bodies are a lot less frequent than 1/10 I am seeing.

Great job!

Regards,
Jimmy

Last edited by Jimmy JFlyer; 04-02-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Jimmy JFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:31 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy JFlyer View Post
Wow JJ650, just seeing this. I am new to the forum and am probably getting my start with a Redcat E16 and I know I will want to go scale later on when $ permits and I have gotten a bit used to things. So I know it's been a few. How is the Pink Beast running? Would love a report on how it crawls after all the changes.

Great job!

Regards,
Jimmy
Jimmy, turn back now while there's still a chance...stick to planes, it's cheaper

I just finished my Tamiya Jimny MF-01x. The truck is great, I have photos and videos, but it's got the wrong type of axles underneath it, so I'm building another Jimny, with the ECX 1/16 as a base.

Not to thread jack, but the plan is to make not only what I want, but also use it as a tutrial to tie-in all the basic principles available here on RCC, to easily fabricate a chassis, and links so that anyone can put suitable axles on whatever body they decide tickles their fancy.
K.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:47 AM   #28

hahaha K.O.M.! Well I fly light weight planes on windy days and close to trees and houses so yeah... I am not good at heeding warnings.
I'll certainly be looking forward to your build thread on your Jimny.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:46 AM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Wow JJ650, just seeing this. I am new to the forum and am probably getting my start with a Redcat E16 and I know I will want to go scale later on when $ permits and I have gotten a bit used to things. So I know it's been a few. How is the Pink Beast running? Would love a report on how it crawls after all the changes. The weathering is sweet. Oh and I see it's a Stampede body... so then 1/10 scale body? If that's the case it's comforting to see it wasn't too bad to get the wheel base out some and look that good as a scaler. 1/16 bodies are a lot less frequent than 1/10 I am seeing.

Great job!

Regards,
Jimmy

Sorry just seeing this. This thing has a couple trail outings on it now. It's a beast and my daughter isn't easy on it. The suspension could use some work, but not sure what I can do with it being such a light truck. It goes everywhere our SCX10's go and sometimes better. Mud is no problem as light as it is. The Mud Thrashers with no foam seem to work very well in all kinds of terrain.

The last time out the ESC/RX burned up. Literally burnt, smoke, wires and plastic melted. lol
Not sure why really. Running the Venom Fireball 370 motor with stock gearing and 900-1200 mah NI/MH 6 cell packs. So nothing wild there. I took the ESC combo out of my Temper and she's run it a couple times with no problems. So don't know.

Yes this body is the Proline for a Stampede, 1/10th scale. I did lengthen the wheelbase a bit for proper fitment. I put the Proline 72 Chevy Stampede body on mine and the wheelbase was perfect?! Both bodies are spot on with the track width though.

Hope this helps, don't be afraid to ask any more questions.
I have a vid on youtube of this one in the very cold winter. search tradgang for username, I believe it's the second vid up from bottom. I'll post a link on here later if I remember.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:55 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.M. View Post
Jimmy, turn back now while there's still a chance...stick to planes, it's cheaper

I just finished my Tamiya Jimny MF-01x. The truck is great, I have photos and videos, but it's got the wrong type of axles underneath it, so I'm building another Jimny, with the ECX 1/16 as a base.

Not to thread jack, but the plan is to make not only what I want, but also use it as a tutrial to tie-in all the basic principles available here on RCC, to easily fabricate a chassis, and links so that anyone can put suitable axles on whatever body they decide tickles their fancy.
^^^^^^This is what I was planning on doing with my ECX. Actually I was going to scratch build a styrene samurai body. A company used to sell a scale chassis with leaf springs as a kit. I think it's no longer available? We have a trailer for my daughter's truck then she could pull the trail Samurai around. These axles/drivetrain are perfect for the smaller trail trucks. And from what I've seen my daughter put hers through they will hold up.

But, my son has a friend that wants to get into the hobby cheap and really likes my Chevy so I might sell him mine so he can get into it.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:26 AM   #31

jj650 not sure if you saw but I found and commented on your vid with this guy hanging tough with the 1/10 scale trucks last night. That was great to see how well he does with the bigger Axials. True testament that the "cheapo" can keep up with the biggun's if you want them too. I was all ready to go for the Redcat Everest 16 or the Exceed 16 but I really have been watching ECX and their products and you have me about sold on the Temper. Yes it is more expensive tho notby much and I am thinking the ECX has a bigger line of parts support. Plus my LHS carries their stuff too so I can probably get by without totally relying on online support. Finances dictate I still wait a while but oh man is that wait killing me!

How is this and the Chevy doing? Did you end up selling the Chevy?

Regards,
Jimmy
Old 05-16-2016, 08:07 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
jj650 not sure if you saw but I found and commented on your vid with this guy hanging tough with the 1/10 scale trucks last night. That was great to see how well he does with the bigger Axials. True testament that the "cheapo" can keep up with the biggun's if you want them too. I was all ready to go for the Redcat Everest 16 or the Exceed 16 but I really have been watching ECX and their products and you have me about sold on the Temper. Yes it is more expensive tho notby much and I am thinking the ECX has a bigger line of parts support. Plus my LHS carries their stuff too so I can probably get by without totally relying on online support. Finances dictate I still wait a while but oh man is that wait killing me!

How is this and the Chevy doing? Did you end up selling the Chevy?

Regards,
Jimmy
Thanks Jimmy!
Glad you like our vid. There will be more to come if this rain ever lets up around here.

She really does a great job of taking the same lines as our bigger rigs. The light weight really helps. She loves the truck.

My brother in law has a couple Redcat's. He's cheap, but I guess I don't blame him for trying them. He hasn't wheeled them as much or as hard as ours so not sure how they compare. My theory is same as yours, our LHS sells and supports the ECX so parts are readily available.

Haven't had either one out in awhile. The kid wanting mine is waiting on finances also. If he decides he doesn't want it then I guess I'll start another project with it's running gear. lol

If you're bored on here take a look at my garage build thread.

Tiny trucks scale garage

John
Old 05-16-2016, 09:21 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj650 View Post
Thanks Jimmy!
If he decides he doesn't want it then I guess I'll start another project with it's running gear. lol

John
Not sure I remember if you specified... on the Chevy, were you able to run that body at stock Temper wheel base or did you have to extend it to fit the body like you did your daughters truck?

I will definitely check out your garage build.

Regards,
Jimmy

Last edited by THX_138; 06-09-2016 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:43 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

With the Proline Chevy Stampede body it fit the stock wheelbase.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:33 PM   #35
Rock Stacker

I built an mrc with the k-10 Chevy body, TCS chassis, and rc4wd 1.55 steelies. Sold a few years ago, wish I still had it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
MidniteMarauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:05 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj650 View Post
With the Proline Chevy Stampede body it fit the stock wheelbase.

I just stumbled acrossed This Thread as I am getting a ECX temper for my birthday from my wife and son. I need a smaller crawler as I am building a rock crawling course in my backyard. My Wraith will I think be too big for my backyard course. I love the look of old, rusty, weathered pickup trucks. Your set up is great on this truck! Did you put the chassis extensions on this truck like you did on your daughters? If so, how long are they? What did you use for body posts? How did you mount them onto the chassis? Do you have any pics of your truck without the body? Sorry for all the questions, but this is exactly what I want to do to my crawler once I get it.
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 08:10 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
I just stumbled acrossed This Thread as I am getting a ECX temper for my birthday from my wife and son. I need a smaller crawler as I am building a rock crawling course in my backyard. My Wraith will I think be too big for my backyard course. I love the look of old, rusty, weathered pickup trucks. Your set up is great on this truck! Did you put the chassis extensions on this truck like you did on your daughters? If so, how long are they? What did you use for body posts? How did you mount them onto the chassis? Do you have any pics of your truck without the body? Sorry for all the questions, but this is exactly what I want to do to my crawler once I get it.

The chassis extensions are identical on both trucks. Overall the chassis is 11" end to end now.

I used the stock body posts. I just moved the suspension/body mount brackets out on the frame extensions.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:00 PM   #38
RCC Addict

This helps a TON! Thank you.
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:48 PM   #39

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the death @jj650 but how would a noob go around building these extensions? Where do I buy the material and what material is it? What tools should be use to cut it?

Thanks in advance.
greenstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 08:01 PM   #40

this is exactly what id like to do for my daughters temper !! and her name is shelby lol
blackfeather is offline   Reply With Quote

ECX Temper scale test and tune - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ECX Temper spectre Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 30 01-03-2017 11:59 PM
Ecx temper upgrades rehnjames Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 01-06-2016 03:40 PM
ecx temper upgrades starting tomorrow hopefully Chewitt214 Newbie General 19 12-28-2015 06:44 AM
Anyone down for Dakar Test n Tune 2/25 or 2/26? And some scale trail runnin with Rigs sandbaggerAx10 Nevada 7 02-23-2012 08:18 PM