Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Scored two MRC Pro's this evening...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2016, 04:58 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Scored two MRC Pro's this evening...

I have two MRC Pro's heading my way. Both stock except one has an upgraded ESC. Super excited. Need to do some reading to figure out what this little guys may need to make them a little more competent. And I need to pick up a couple lower price controllers. Thoughts? Maybe a couple of the Traxxas TQi controllers? One of the MRC's already has a Traxxas Rx and I can get a new 2 CH Tx for about $20 shipped.

Last edited by Nubster; 01-17-2016 at 06:38 PM.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Scored two MRC Pro's this evening...

Do lots of reading.. There are a shit ton of ways to go about upgrading these little crawlers.
All the way up to XR steering!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2016, 12:44 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Yeah...it seems like there's lot of stuff to do to them. I figure I'll start with beefing up a few things like and maybe some bent links...then see which direction I want to go.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:26 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

MCR's in hand...delivery was delayed due to the blizzard but they finally arrived. Can't wait to start digging into these guys. Still need batteries, a charger, and a couple Tx/Rx so it will be a while before I'm up and running. Should be a great time though.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:00 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

I love my mrc, but now that I have a bomber, I either need to upgrade the mini for the gf, or build her a scaler
ddewey78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 04:50 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Yeah...I can't wait to get these up and running. I mean they are running...I just need to get controllers and batteries and a charger. I've been putting it off...I need to just suck it up and get the stuff I need so we can start bashing and having fun.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:21 PM   #7

Nice. Amy pictures or your new crawlers? I have a set of pros in transit right now. I came Wait. Are you planning to run the battery on the front axle?
Ausomecrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:58 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Sadly...haven't done anything with them. Both sitting in a box collecting dust. Thought about selling them...maybe get something else...maybe a 1/10 or something. But I like the idea of having two so me and my son can play together...but so far he's only shown faint interest which is why I guess I haven't done anything yet.

Both being pretty much stock...if I were to keep them and get them up and running...any thoughts on things I can/should do to make them more reliable and run a little better?

Just not sure what to do. Seems like they still have a little value. But not enough to get me fully into a 1/10 crawler...at least not anything newer probably. My biggest concern I suppose is being a dead design...no more parts coming out.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:39 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

The Vaterra Slickrock has many parts that are MRC parts, but I've had trouble finding the neat aftermarket stuff like those XR steering mod peices.
Loehdingc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:16 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Location: somewhere near Los Angeles...or a city looking thingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
Sadly...haven't done anything with them. Both sitting in a box collecting dust. Thought about selling them...maybe get something else...maybe a 1/10 or something. But I like the idea of having two so me and my son can play together...but so far he's only shown faint interest which is why I guess I haven't done anything yet.

Both being pretty much stock...if I were to keep them and get them up and running...any thoughts on things I can/should do to make them more reliable and run a little better?

Just not sure what to do. Seems like they still have a little value. But not enough to get me fully into a 1/10 crawler...at least not anything newer probably. My biggest concern I suppose is being a dead design...no more parts coming out.
First thing you should probably do is the spur gear mod. It puts a 66t spur on it so it won't eat through motors.
OTHGbronco82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:36 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Thanks. I'll look into that. And the Slickrock parts as well.

Scored two MRC Pro's this evening... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So I scored.... schmaged88 Paint and Body 5 10-13-2012 07:45 PM
Just scored this jwalker Chit Chat 6 08-19-2012 10:46 PM
check out what i scored intimadationrc General Scale Talk 12 07-03-2009 07:52 PM
Scored my first 1:1 mr.maxx Chit Chat 11 08-03-2007 12:49 PM