Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Losi Mini Pro rebuild

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2017, 07:40 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Losi Mini Pro rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongsten View Post
Some good looking mini's!
Do you recognize them lol.
Perkul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2017, 12:40 AM   #22
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkul8r View Post
The big metal plate is an Rc Bros rear link/electronics mount.

Honestly, most of the Mini's I have found where on here. So far the black mini, and the Slickrock are the only ones I have found on facebook.

The trans gears are available on Ebay, just search Losi Mini Rock Crawler. The spur gears are available too.

The motor mount is from Billet Works Designs. I was lucky to pick up this one, its his older style. I also have one of his newer style. I plan on picking up some more shortly.
huh? i don't use facebook. they have a classifieds for sale section?

can you provide a link to the big metal plate?

btw........how/where did you add weight and how much?

thanks!
baycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 10:17 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by baycrawler View Post
huh? i don't use facebook. they have a classifieds for sale section?

can you provide a link to the big metal plate?

btw........how/where did you add weight and how much?

thanks!

There isn't a specific for sale thing on Facebook. I'm on multiple nationwide and even some worldwide groups for crawling. I just put out a wtb ad.

Sadly the big metal plate isn't made anymore either. It's another part we may try to print.

Only weight I've added so far has been in the wheels. My black one is weighted evenly in the front and rear tires. So far it crawls great.

But most people will weight the fronts heavier than the rears.

I've lucked out and ended up with two sets of discontinued VP wheels that you can add weights too.

Others have simply used stick on wheel weights for cars. And added them on the inside of the tire.

This kinda shows ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-08-2017, 11:17 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Yup! Glad there in a good home. Full wrap on the wheels is the old school way! Some guys way back ran 2 to 4 wraps on 2.2 wheels.
bongsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:02 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongsten View Post
Yup! Glad there in a good home. Full wrap on the wheels is the old school way! Some guys way back ran 2 to 4 wraps on 2.2 wheels.
I def love the Mini's. Local comp season is about over with sadly, well at least for the winter series. Got one comp this weekend, which I wont be able to make, and one more next month. Hopefully I can make that one. It sucks living 2.5 hours away from where we hold the comps.

So in the mean time, every rig is getting torn down, checked over, re greased and revamped a little.

I am gonna try to talk the guys into running the mini's a couple times this summer. Not sure how well that would go over.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:23 AM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:
There isn't a specific for sale thing on Facebook. I'm on multiple nationwide and even some worldwide groups for crawling. I just put out a wtb ad.

Sadly the big metal plate isn't made anymore either. It's another part we may try to print.

Only weight I've added so far has been in the wheels. My black one is weighted evenly in the front and rear tires. So far it crawls great.

But most people will weight the fronts heavier than the rears.

I've lucked out and ended up with two sets of discontinued VP wheels that you can add weights too.

Others have simply used stick on wheel weights for cars. And added them on the inside of the tire.

This kinda shows ya.

yeah, i've seen those, but i heard it was best to keep the weight off the wheels themselves. so i was looking for a way to add weight to the axles somewhere?
Old 03-09-2017, 08:20 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
yeah, i've seen those, but i heard it was best to keep the weight off the wheels themselves. so i was looking for a way to add weight to the axles somewhere?

Just about everyone I know runs weighted wheels.

Other than Dravtechs axle/c-hub/weighted knuckle setup, I'm not sure of many other options. Asides from just using sticky weights on the servo plate.

Weighted wheels may have adverse wear on some parts, but your not going fast with these things. A couple of the minis I've bought have had weighted wheels for who knows how long, and I can't find any wear and tear out of the usual.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:15 PM   #28
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Just about everyone I know runs weighted wheels.

Other than Dravtechs axle/c-hub/weighted knuckle setup, I'm not sure of many other options. Asides from just using sticky weights on the servo plate.

Weighted wheels may have adverse wear on some parts, but your not going fast with these things. A couple of the minis I've bought have had weighted wheels for who knows how long, and I can't find any wear and tear out of the usual.

ok, that's more reassuring! AND i've always liked that look with the weights in there, i think it looks much more mean and aggressive!

since the ones you have are no longer being made. do you know of anybody who makes 1.9 wheels? and where i can get those weighted inserts?
Old 03-09-2017, 06:28 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
ok, that's more reassuring! AND i've always liked that look with the weights in there, i think it looks much more mean and aggressive!

since the ones you have are no longer being made. do you know of anybody who makes 1.9 wheels? and where i can get those weighted inserts?
Im not sure if anyone else makes a wheel like the VP ones.

Lots of companies make 1.9 wheels. Vanquish Products, SuperShafty, Gearhead, Etc....Its all up to you what you wanna run.

On my black mini, I am running Super Shafty Upperhafty wheels, with HB rover tires. And for weights, I am using Beef Tubes Beef Patties in Aluminum. I could have went with the Beef Patties in brass for a bit more weight, but I decided to give these a shot.

I got my wheels straight from Super Shafty, but everything else I ordered from Rpp hobby.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:51 AM   #30
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Im not sure if anyone else makes a wheel like the VP ones.

Lots of companies make 1.9 wheels. Vanquish Products, SuperShafty, Gearhead, Etc....Its all up to you what you wanna run.

On my black mini, I am running Super Shafty Upperhafty wheels, with HB rover tires. And for weights, I am using Beef Tubes Beef Patties in Aluminum. I could have went with the Beef Patties in brass for a bit more weight, but I decided to give these a shot.

I got my wheels straight from Super Shafty, but everything else I ordered from Rpp hobby.

yeah, the 1.9 wheels i know about. i meant where can i get some wheels like the vp ones where you can insert those cool looking round weights into the wheel itself?
Old 03-10-2017, 08:47 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
yeah, the 1.9 wheels i know about. i meant where can i get some wheels like the vp ones where you can insert those cool looking round weights into the wheel itself?
I haven't found another company that makes ones exactly like that sadly.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:51 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Snowing again here in Montana, but luckily I got my hopefully last mini lol.

Vaterra Slickrock. Dang near new shape. Threw my tactic rx/tx in it to test it out. Everything works perfect.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:53 PM   #33
Rock Stacker

Quote:
I haven't found another company that makes ones exactly like that sadly.
that's too bad, i like that look.
Old 03-12-2017, 12:29 AM   #34
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Snowing again here in Montana, but luckily I got my hopefully last mini lol.

Vaterra Slickrock. Dang near new shape. Threw my tactic rx/tx in it to test it out. Everything works perfect.

that's awesome......congrats!

it looks pretty pristine!

what's the difference between the slickrock vs the losi mrc rtr and pro?
Old 03-12-2017, 12:42 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
that's awesome......congrats!

it looks pretty pristine!

what's the difference between the slickrock vs the losi mrc rtr and pro?
Biggest difference is the chassis. Axles are pretty much exactly the same. Same trans, axles, driveshafts, etc. Different chassis.

I threw on my shortened shocks after I got it to bring it down a little bit. And it worked, but now I need shocks for my black truck lol.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:26 AM   #36
Rock Stacker

Awesome collection. Black one looks real good. What shocks are you running on that one? Looks set real low
Mxkid261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 11:43 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxkid261 View Post
Awesome collection. Black one looks real good. What shocks are you running on that one? Looks set real low

Black one sadly was sacrificed for parts for this truck. But will be rebuilt some time.

I was using stock aluminum threaded shocks with 10mm internal limiters to get it sitting low.

Old 03-14-2017, 05:20 AM   #38
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Biggest difference is the chassis. Axles are pretty much exactly the same. Same trans, axles, driveshafts, etc. Different chassis.

I threw on my shortened shocks after I got it to bring it down a little bit. And it worked, but now I need shocks for my black truck lol.
seems like the way the slick rock is set up, it's got a higher COG vs. the mrc?

since you have all 3, slick rock, mrc, and mrc pro........how do you rank them?
Old 03-14-2017, 08:41 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
seems like the way the slick rock is set up, it's got a higher COG vs. the mrc?

since you have all 3, slick rock, mrc, and mrc pro........how do you rank them?
The slick rock def sits higher than any of my other rigs. But it was never built to be an all out comp crawler. Its more of a fun, throw in the truck and go kinda rig.

I actually dont have the standard MRC lol.

But I can say, that depending on what you wanna do makes the choice in rigs. My Mini Pros are setup for more Comp crawling than anything. The Slickrock is def more along the lines of a trail mess around kind of rig. It would require alot of mods to make it comp worthy. But its a fun truck. I can throw it outside in the snow rain and mud and not worry about it.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:11 AM   #40
Rock Stacker

Quote:
The slick rock def sits higher than any of my other rigs. But it was never built to be an all out comp crawler. Its more of a fun, throw in the truck and go kinda rig.

I actually dont have the standard MRC lol.

But I can say, that depending on what you wanna do makes the choice in rigs. My Mini Pros are setup for more Comp crawling than anything. The Slickrock is def more along the lines of a trail mess around kind of rig. It would require alot of mods to make it comp worthy. But its a fun truck. I can throw it outside in the snow rain and mud and not worry about it.

comp rig vs. something like a slickrock........doesn't it going kind of hand in hand?

if you're out messing around on trails and what not, you'd want a rig that can crawl, climb, etc. and not flip or roll over. which i equate to a rig that's set up vs. something that's not, ie a slickrock in this case?

keep in mind, i don't know the first thing about comps though!

Losi Mini Pro rebuild - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Frozen's Mini Losi PRO Frozen W. Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 13 04-23-2012 08:09 PM