RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Losi Mini-Rock Crawler (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/)
-   -   Fashionably Late - Need CV's! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-mini-rock-crawler/585992-fashionably-late-need-cvs.html)

nedmo 06-15-2017 09:41 PM

Fashionably Late - Need CV's!

Hi All,

Does anyone have a lead on a set of front CV's???

Working on a clone and really need them for my zero ackerman setup.

Used or new is fine. Even happy to try and adapt something?!

Thanks

Perkul8r 06-19-2017 09:05 PM

Re: Fashionably Late - Need CV's!

Every now and than a set pop up on ebay but I haven't seen them anywhere else but there. I ended up buying a complete rig for like 4 no longer made parts lol.

nedmo 06-19-2017 09:09 PM

Yeah I've already gone down that depraved path... zooming right in on the axles...but none recently have had CVs.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

nedmo 06-20-2017 05:41 PM

Attempted hack no 1

Yeah Racing Tamiya DF03 CV Yeah Racing Tamiya DF01 DF02 DF03 TT02B Universal CVD Driveshafts #DF03-015V2 | eBay
+
Dremel
+
5x8x3 bearings to suit the bigger 5mm shaft

Will update in my build thread once I get around to starting it.

rude_k9 07-07-2017 11:27 PM

I have set if you are still Interested. new in pack. send me pm"thumbsup"

nedmo 07-09-2017 12:59 AM

Thanks for the offer. Im going to assess the CV i bought and if they wont work, will get in touh

clm 07-10-2017 11:33 PM

I noticed the ECX Barrage has CVD's as stock and seeing as the axle is a KO of the Losi axle by HSP you might be able to get them to fit... and you would need some axle wideners as the cvd end where the wheel mounts are a bit long :)

Edit: ECX Part Number ECX212025

sethstiles 09-01-2017 06:03 AM

Ive been looking to improve the steering on my Losi mini crawler a lot lately. There are a number of things like clocking that might help. In terms of CVD's, the only thing I could find who still makes them, and are supposed to make up another batch (out of stock everywhere now) is 3Racing. Integy carried them. I've been told numerous times to go with XR steering. Get waith adapters from Dravtech ($15) and then you can use either stock or aluminum wraith knuckles and chubs. Otherwise, I have not found anything, even on ebay. I've neen wondering about 1/18 cvd's from other 1/18 trucks like the Losi mini t or Traxxas 1/16 summit, but often the parts will not be a match fit.

chino63 09-09-2017 09:40 AM

If you don't want to buy all the XR stuff, go tried and true. Buy some Losi Night Crawler/Comp Crawler CVD's and a Dremel. They can be modified to fit. One more option that is probably easier to find are the Ascender CVD's. They can also be modified to fit but offer a few less angle than the Losi CVD's. Either of these options (along with the XR) are worth the effort and are substantially stronger than any of the stock size replacements that you will find. I have broken the Losi and 3racing "upgrade" ones during a comp but never a modified 1/10 CVD.

Stollenritter 09-11-2017 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nedmo (Post 5720489)
Attempted hack no 1

Yeah Racing Tamiya DF03 CV Yeah Racing Tamiya DF01 DF02 DF03 TT02B Universal CVD Driveshafts #DF03-015V2 | eBay
+
Dremel
+
5x8x3 bearings to suit the bigger 5mm shaft

Will update in my build thread once I get around to starting it.

Good find, this looks very promising!
RcMart is selling them for USD8.90:
for Tamiya DF03 TT02B, Universal Aluminum 7075 & Steel Swing Shaft ,(DF03-015V2) by Yeah Racing

I will give them a try as well!

nedmo 09-11-2017 03:53 PM

Yeah it worked out. Only issue is you need some spacering and shimming to get the CV joint to be held in the right position in the C hub so it doesn't rub plus the drive pin is about 4mm further out from the outer shaft bearing so a spare bearing behind the pin is needed. But small price to pay for 1/10 size cv axles at a good price

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

sethstiles 10-07-2017 02:36 PM

I put word out on the forum for some mini Losi CVD's and got some. Easy install and a good 25-30% better steering than stock dogbones. Now, if anyone wanting better steering has the money, the skill and the time, I would suggest going with the Dravtech wraith adapters and go full XR steering, particularly if you are truly rock crawling and not just running a scaler. But, for my the CVD's are doing great!