Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: Discontinued Parts...Why?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2017, 09:01 AM   #1

Default Discontinued Parts...Why?

I'm wondering why the majority of aftermarket parts support has 'dried-up' for the MRC when there is at least four other brand (Redcat, ECX, Exceed, Kulak) crawlers still available of essentially the same model as was the Losi?

MANUFACTURERS, there is MONEY to be made! Bring back the parts!

Any of you experienced MRC owners seeing any resurrection of parts support returning?
RGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2017, 10:52 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Discontinued Parts...Why?

Parts are still out there. Dravtech makes a ton of stuff for the MRC platform. Barry's RC Carbon does some stuff. The parts are out there. You just gotta look.
ElChupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 10:37 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGunn View Post
I'm wondering why the majority of aftermarket parts support has 'dried-up' for the MRC when there is at least four other brand (Redcat, ECX, Exceed, Kulak) crawlers still available of essentially the same model as was the Losi?

MANUFACTURERS, there is MONEY to be made! Bring back the parts!

Any of you experienced MRC owners seeing any resurrection of parts support returning?
I find most of my stuff on Ebay and on this forum too. It is a bit frustrating to find parts though. I think mini crawler are just out of style right now. Even 10th scale crawlers are suffering from the scaler craze. Let's see what happens this year and next.
sethstiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 08:39 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethstiles View Post
I find most of my stuff on Ebay and on this forum too. It is a bit frustrating to find parts though. I think mini crawler are just out of style right now. Even 10th scale crawlers are suffering from the scaler craze. Let's see what happens this year and next.

I used to use ebay as my go-to as well. Unfortunately, I've experience the same amount of discontinued parts on there as well. I brought my MRC back to life a few days ago and burned up the old motor after the first 15 minutes (mud might have been involved) and for some reason I have had zero luck in aftermarket parts for them besides HR garbage. It has been nearly impossible to find a simple factory motor or driveshaft replacement.... I cant even find anything for them anymore. Makes me want to stock pile multiple sets of parts just to be safe.
shadowrejects is offline   Reply With Quote

Discontinued Parts...Why? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discontinued? AndyB Kyosho Crawlers 9 12-04-2015 12:16 PM
Tamiya High Lift Kit Parts Discontinued on Tower Hobbies hibbs General Crawlers 0 10-11-2012 04:36 PM
Discontinued?! TonkaYota Chit Chat 15 06-19-2007 09:35 PM
Discontinued CC-01 Parts... themerc64 1.9 Scale Rigs 6 02-06-2007 12:09 AM