Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: MRC pro for trail truck build?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2019, 05:34 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default MRC pro for trail truck build?

I have an old MRC Pro laying around from years ago. I also have a small sale new bright truck body I acquired cheap. The axles fit very well under the body. But I want to use this build for a scale trail truck, not necessarily a rock crawler.

How well would the axles and transmission hold up to a 1/14 scale hard body trail truck?

Also, could I gear the truck (with 1.55 wheels and small tires) to go a walking pace on trails?

TIA
Dave_In_Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2019, 08:44 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: MRC pro for trail truck build?

Lockers seem to be the weak point from what I have experienced first hand. Ditch the crappy plastic lockers and you're basically set IMO. And what do you mean gear the truck for walking pace...? The stock motor/spur/pinion gear on these trucks seem to be just right. Don't see it being necessary at all to touch anything besides the plastic lockers and possibly the driveshafts
shadowrejects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 04:09 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

Default Re: MRC pro for trail truck build?

Thanks for the tips! The pro model has metal driveshafts, so hopefully those would hold up (maybe some shrink wrap around the pins or screws to keep them in? It may have metal diffs, I'll have to check into that.

Gearing for walking pace was more intended as what I want the result to be, fast enough to cruise down trails in the woods, rather than climbing up waterfalls LOL.
Dave_In_Florida is offline   Reply With Quote

MRC pro for trail truck build? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MRC Pro to L-Trail FesterUK Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 2 05-18-2012 03:44 AM
High speed trail and Pro Mud truck jetboat 2.2 Scale Rigs 14 12-02-2008 07:11 AM