Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Losi Mini-Rock Crawler

Notices

Thread: MRC Suspension Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2021, 12:56 AM   #1

Default MRC Suspension Question

Hello Folks

I'm a new member here, so I apologise if this is in completely the wrong place. I bought a brand new MRC a few months ago from a local hobby shop, and it has been just fantastic. Amazing fun.

I've spent most of the morning researching this question. There is plenty of information on here about upgrade shocks, but most of those options were either made specifically for the MRC or some simmilar vehicle. For example, the mini-t shocks, Losi threaded MRC shocks, or the like.

Most of the 'easy' upgrade options are no longer readily available. I quite like the idea of buying a well made, 1/10th shock, and figuring some way of bolting them on.

My question is this. Does anyone have experience of fitting a shock to an MRC which was not intended for a 'mini' vehicle? For example, an 80mm 1/10th shock? If so, what did you use, and how did you fit them? I'm also very intersted in any information about converting the mounting hardware, as I'm having a difficult time finding information about hardware sizes for different brands.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.
JohnWarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2021, 07:31 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: MRC Suspension Question

so is it a mini rock crawler 1/18th scale thats usualy what the mrc stands for but could also mean the micro rock crawler 1/24th scale

if its 1/18 then they make alkinds of shocks for them
the 1/24 scale is just starting to take take off and there are lots of stuff for those too now days but there marketed for the scx24
on my micro i used a dap of grease inside the stock shock bodys that was just about it for shock mods back then
shocks come in all kinds of shapes and sizes there not realy scale size spacific but the micro shocks might have fewer options but there outthere
ferp420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 11:15 PM   #3

Default Re: MRC Suspension Question

Thanks for your timely response.

I should have clarified. It is a Mini Rock Crawler (and just an amazing little vehicle).

There are so many options available, so if anyone has any particular recomendations, I'd really appreciate it. At the moment I am looking at, perhaps, a set of 80mm GMADE RSD shocks...but I'm not sure if they'd be too massive for the MRC.
JohnWarren is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, hardware, losi mrc, size, suspension

MRC Suspension Question - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi MRC Pivot Balls and Suspension Ends? LAV25 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 7 09-14-2021 07:46 AM
Need help with suspension setup for MRC with high body COG Matt_ Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 25 12-16-2012 04:46 AM
Suspension question. Tourettic1 Axial SCX-10 0 10-03-2012 11:35 AM
suspension question gettingbent Newbie General 5 06-04-2012 09:57 AM
suspension question? The-Blacksheep Axial SCX-10 9 01-08-2012 05:32 PM