Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Losi Rock Rey

Notices

Thread: Losi Baja Rey 1/10th 4WD RTR desert truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2017, 08:15 AM   #941
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Losi Baja Rey 1/10th 4WD RTR desert truck

but from what ive read, people are still having issues even on 2s. and to say racing it isn't hard on the truck is an understatement. think of how much im on and off the throttle on a race track for 5 minutes and 7 minutes at a time. laying down 12 laps in five minutes and up to 19 in 7... keeping it under control without avc on a track with plenty of jumps to clear and slamming on the brakes all the time isn't hard on a truck like this???? what?

have you watched the videos?
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2017, 08:28 AM   #942
RCC Addict

I've watched them and in my opinion you guys look slow and are all over the place. Purely my opinion so take it with a grain of salt.

If you are as good as you say you are they you don't crash much. My race cars barely break, I just do minimal MX and they keep going. They don't get wet, they don't get muddy, any dirt is blown off with an air gun. He'll I barely even check my bearings unless I'm doing a fluid change. Small jumps, smooth landings, no rocks only plastic pipe. Bashing is what destroys toys, not racing.

You don't have to throw around numbers that mean nothing to anyone who doesn't race where you race. I run 22-24 laps in 7 minutes. Does that mean I run faster or harder then the next guy? No, it's a different track, different surface, different length and me and my Tekno would eat up your Rey everyday of the week on any track. Just saying. lol
Rjohn929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:34 AM   #943
RCC Addict

But it's all good. We are all in this to have fun no matter how we run.

Maybe you should put a video up that explains how you are shimming and help the ones that are having issues?
Old 03-22-2017, 08:48 AM   #944
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjohn929 View Post
me and my Tekno would eat up your Rey everyday of the week on any track. Just saying. lol
yeah right. try me. on clay, ya got me, but any other surface.. good freakin luck. I beat tekno's, losi's, and associated trucks. and by no means are we slow. we are turning laps as fast as 1/10 4wd buggies with 6.5 mod motors in them on that track. you got high hopes.

Quote:
Maybe you should put a video up that explains how you are shimming and help the ones that are having issues?
ive explained it before but I guess nobody took notes. no need for a video.
Old 03-22-2017, 08:59 AM   #945
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
yeah right. try me. on clay, ya got me, but any other surface.. good freakin luck. I beat tekno's, losi's, and associated trucks. and by no means are we slow. we are turning laps as fast as 1/10 4wd buggies with 6.5 mod motors in them on that track. you got high hopes.

ive explained it before but I guess nobody took notes. no need for a video.

And I beat 1/8 truggy and buggy when they can't drive (kind of like the other drivers in your videos) on a big blown out track. Again, not impressing me.

I must have missed where you explained it. My bad. It's RTR toy truck that people who have never used one before will buy. A lot will have no idea the terminology or part names that you are going to type. Everyone can understand a video. Try stepping back from the "if I don't why do you" attitude or generalizations. As I said, sarcasm is very hard to read so if your trying to be sarcastic you coming across as an ass.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:38 AM   #946
Rock Crawler

A 5x10 bearing is just too small for the application. Most people look at the the outside as the bearing. How ever the inside and outside is the race that being roller ball sits in in the middle of the bearing are tiny. A 5x13 would be a lot better for the workload they're being put under

Last edited by greengoblin; 03-22-2017 at 09:41 AM.
greengoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:42 AM   #947
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
And I beat 1/8 truggy and buggy when they can't drive (kind of like the other drivers in your videos) on a big blown out track. Again, not impressing me.

I must have missed where you explained it. My bad. It's RTR toy truck that people who have never used one before will buy. A lot will have no idea the terminology or part names that you are going to type. Everyone can understand a video. Try stepping back from the "if I don't why do you" attitude or generalizations. As I said, sarcasm is very hard to read so if your trying to be sarcastic you coming across as an ass.
your coming across as an ass, check yourself.

oh "I beat 1/8 truggy and buggy" bring your shit to psycho nitro blast and beat me then. put up or shut up.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:55 AM   #948
RCC Addict

Remember, I didn't generalize and I say I beat them. I said when they can't drive, which isn't all that often in 1/8 scale.

I don't have to check anything or prove anything go to you. I know what I said and that's that. Your the one all high and mighty with your "race truck". Lol

Seriously though, I do applaud you for using it. It's not easy to wheel it around the track against some superior trucks.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:02 AM   #949
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
your coming across as an ass, check yourself.

oh "I beat 1/8 truggy and buggy" bring your shit to psycho nitro blast and beat me then. put up or shut up.
How about you tell us who you are so we can watch you smoke everyone?
rcpilotjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:04 AM   #950
Rock Crawler

greengoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:33 AM   #951
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpilotjr View Post
How about you tell us who you are so we can watch you smoke everyone?
here is a hint: "unknown"

and im running e-truggy, not the Baja rey. to nose heavy for those huge air outs.

my body on the e truggy looks like a leopard. easy to spot.

if yall think you can race that well yourselves, go to a big race or two and see how well you place. I don't recall any of you pitting with the big guns.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:47 AM   #952
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

and im running e-truggy, not the Baja rey. to nose heavy for those huge air outs.

if yall think you can race that well yourselves, go to a big race or two and see how well you place. I don't recall any of you pitting with the big guns.
I don't have issues with nosediving, why do you? Once again, racing with the "big guns" still has nothing to do with being an ass. Also, on one of your videos, you did a great job getting put 3 laps down while being 4-5 seconds off the pace....
Old 03-22-2017, 11:17 AM   #953
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I don't have issues with nosediving, why do you? Once again, racing with the "big guns" still has nothing to do with being an ass. Also, on one of your videos, you did a great job getting put 3 laps down while being 4-5 seconds off the pace....
so you found a link on live rc to actually see numbers?

so say I race with the big guns right? got that part? and I can keep up.. who are you to say im slow? that was my point.

im gonna have to take trumps idea and build a wall here soon if your ignorance persists.

yall should already know the truck is naturally nose heavy. I don't run weight in my fuel cell because I don't need it. im not jumping it like they do at psycho nitro.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:21 AM   #954
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
so you found a link on live rc to actually see numbers?

so say I race with the big guns right? got that part? and I can keep up.. who are you to say im slow? that was my point.

im gonna have to take trumps idea and build a wall here soon if your ignorance persists.

yall should already know the truck is naturally nose heavy. I don't run weight in my fuel cell because I don't need it. im not jumping it like they do at psycho nitro.
Looky there... Assuming that I assumed you're slow... I've never said you were slow, nor have I implied it and if I have, I really don't care. YOU are the one who came into this with the attitude of "no one here is as good as I am". By the way, I don't ever call someone out unless I've got proof.
http://www.washtenawrcraceway.com/as...62016mains.pdf

Last edited by rcpilotjr; 03-22-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:26 AM   #955
Pebble Pounder

It also may be beneficial to everyone else if you go ahead and build that wall, I'm fairly certain most of us are tired of you.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:27 AM   #956
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

And for anyone who wants to know who he is, this is what he said and look in the results....
Old 03-22-2017, 11:29 AM   #957
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
It also may be beneficial to everyone else if you go ahead and build that wall, I'm fairly certain most of us are tired of you.
just for you and greengoblin, the ignorance is strong with you two.

john, eh he's alright.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:30 AM   #958
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
just for you and greengoblin, the ignorance is strong with you two.

john, eh he's alright.
Please explain our ignorance.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:38 AM   #959
I wanna be Dave

for those of you who can still read this, im not oblivious to a few people. they just got put on the other side of the wall. that is all.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:40 AM   #960
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
for those of you who can still read this, im not oblivious to a few people. they just got put on the other side of the wall. that is all.
Hi

Losi Baja Rey 1/10th 4WD RTR desert truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thunder Tiger Jackal 1/10th 4wd Desert Buggy RichMTB01 2.2 Scale Rigs 17 01-19-2016 12:36 AM
Vaterra 1/10 Twin Hammers DT 1.9 4WD Desert Truck RTR spectre Vaterra Twin Hammers 0 10-01-2015 07:54 AM
HPI Mini Trophy 1/12 Scale 4WD Desert Truck constantmotion Non Crawler RC's 31 08-01-2010 09:56 PM