RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Losi Rock Rey (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-rock-rey/)
-   -   Losi Baja Rey 1/10th 4WD RTR desert truck (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/losi-rock-rey/562813-losi-baja-rey-1-10th-4wd-rtr-desert-truck.html)

greengoblin 03-24-2017 03:39 PM

Re: Losi Baja Rey 1/10th 4WD RTR desert truck

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...d4d6ec8da8.jpg

greengoblin 03-24-2017 08:23 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...65876f58ff.jpg

fr8cture 03-24-2017 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 5686684)
I was the one that posted the 14mm but I was brain farting and thinking of our V2 AR60 axle. I believe we actually DID go to dual 5x16x5! I've just got too many projects in my head...

You sure? Jim said 14mm aswell on his post.

CoolRunning 03-25-2017 03:13 AM

My AVC RX died today.

Went crazy with the servo. Randomly jittering and moving back and forth.

In the TH ch of the RX the RR was moving the wheels back and forth randomly with no input.

There was a tiny bit of dirt and dried grass in the RX...waterproof huh...

Awaiting a warranty claim though I've gone for a non AVC RX in the interim as I just want reliability.

Update:

The RR seems to drive better (i.e. tracks straighter under power, is more nippy and responsive at the expense of a bit more tramlining) without AVC. It also seems more fun TBBH in my limited testing thus far.

rcbasser 03-25-2017 07:13 AM

Does it fit both versions of the axle housing ?

84yoda 03-25-2017 10:26 AM

Yes.

turbo2cam 03-25-2017 10:51 AM

I'm really liking the looks of the RR, might have to pick one up!! How are these doing at U4RC type events? (Comparable to the Yeti or?)

turbo2cam 03-25-2017 10:52 AM

Also, I'm really suprised there isnt a dedicated RR section on here lol

Arctic Cat ZRT 03-25-2017 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoolRunning (Post 5687083)
My AVC RX died today.

Went crazy with the servo. Randomly jittering and moving back and forth.

In the TH ch of the RX the RR was moving the wheels back and forth randomly with no input.

There was a tiny bit of dirt and dried grass in the RX...waterproof huh...

Awaiting a warranty claim though I've gone for a non AVC RX in the interim as I just want reliability.

Update:

The RR seems to drive better (i.e. tracks straighter under power, is more nippy and responsive at the expense of a bit more tramlining) without AVC. It also seems more fun TBBH in my limited testing thus far.

Interesting. I had a trail run today and about 3/4 through my servo starting glitching like crazy, sometimes not accepting input. I thought it was cause I accidentally submarined it 10 minutes prior, ended up carrying it out of the park. Got back to the truck and plugged my battery back in. Starting working fine. Can't figure out if its my servo (Savox 1210SG WP or receiver). Just pulled my waterproof servo and packed it with grease and put a few layers of con formal waterproofing on. My AVC has been disabled already. This is making me think I should just yank it now and get something else in there.

fordboi415 03-25-2017 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arctic Cat ZRT (Post 5687238)
Interesting. I had a trail run today and about 3/4 through my servo starting glitching like crazy, sometimes not accepting input. I thought it was cause I accidentally submarined it 10 minutes prior, ended up carrying it out of the park. Got back to the truck and plugged my battery back in. Starting working fine. Can't figure out if its my servo (Savox 1210SG WP or receiver). Just pulled my waterproof servo and packed it with grease and put a few layers of con formal waterproofing on. My AVC has been disabled already. This is making me think I should just yank it now and get something else in there.

Its likely the receiver.. I exposed my Baja Rey to a little too much moisture and it went nuts.. Turning full lock left or right on its own and at random, I ended up having Horizon send me another under warranty..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arctic Cat ZRT 03-25-2017 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordboi415 (Post 5687240)
Its likely the receiver.. I exposed my Baja Rey to a little too much moisture and it went nuts.. Turning full lock left or right on its own and at random, I ended up having Horizon send me another under warranty..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update on my end. I quick ran down and opened up both my Spektrum receiver on my Rey and the none AVC one I used in my Unimog. The 4 channel none AVC one had a lot more waterproofing on it from the factory. The one from the Rey barely had any at all. At this point I am going to throw a few more layers of coating on the non AVC one and throw it in the Rey for tomorrows trail run. I will then order another this week to replace the one from the Unimog. Wasn't using AVC anyway.

Glad I checked this thread out this afternoon or else I would have kept spinning my wheels with the darn servo.

Thanks guys!

CoolRunning 03-25-2017 08:16 PM

That is exactly how it started. Servo moving full lock left and holding and I thought I'd stripped my metal servo horn. Then jittering and random movements.

I figured it was the servo and took it back to the LHS where the bloke plugged in the TH ch into the steering ch. The truck then randomly spun the wheel forward and back so it wasn't the actual servo but the RX.

It's disappointing as it's a fancy, decently expensive RX with a gyro.

It had 'some' level of coating but it did not look 'waterproof' to me personally.

LHS had had some other issues with AVC playing up recently as well.

I said that just wanted a basic 3 ch replacement as after an hours trailing, I didn't want to cart a truck all the way home by hand just because the RX plays up again.

I'll likely have a brand new AVC RX for the hobby draw in the coming weeks...

84yoda 03-25-2017 10:02 PM

Anyone else rear DS grub screw/pin locked up? I tried heating it up with my soldering iron at 900 degrees and still won't loosen and Im not trying to break it either since that seems to happen to most people. Any other ideas?

greengoblin 03-27-2017 06:36 PM

About to start a conversion on Rr to a Br truck. A friend picked it up for $150.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...24b3c39b1c.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a9384df9f7.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...47cdad1c7c.jpg

84yoda 03-27-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 84yoda (Post 5687389)
Anyone else rear DS grub screw/pin locked up? I tried heating it up with my soldering iron at 900 degrees and still won't loosen and Im not trying to break it either since that seems to happen to most people. Any other ideas?

Anyone?

Rjohn929 03-27-2017 08:33 PM

Use a lighter and turn harder. If it breaks it breaks and you can just push it out.

greengoblin 03-27-2017 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 84yoda (Post 5688252)
Anyone?

I drilled mine out. Im working on a steel drive shaft

84yoda 03-27-2017 09:49 PM

What DS are you working on?

I'm going to put a MIP in.

greengoblin 03-27-2017 10:19 PM

Thats going to be hard. Mip dose not offer one as of yet. But i have orderd parts from them. I will list the part numbers used to build it. If everything fits like it should

84yoda 03-28-2017 08:22 AM

A wraith length with long extended outputs will work. But I'm going to order the exclusive male 3.375" from super shafty and run short ends. The little lip on each ends will have to be ground down too.