Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Losi Rock Rey

Notices

Thread: Upgrades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2017, 04:28 PM   #1

Default Upgrades

Is anyone using Hot Racing aluminum upgrades on their RR? If so, any positive or negative comments. If not Hot Racing, I'll go with the Losi pieces.

I've ordered the kit and am thinking it would be good to collect all the upgrades beforehand. I have STRC on my Ascender and VP on my Wraith based monster truck, no experience with Hot Racing. Thanks in advance for any comments.
Nails is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2017, 04:40 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Upgrades

The fit and finish is very good but I have had a small issue with one of the king pin locking screw recess/housing that was slightly too tight for the cap head screw head to fit in, but that’s the only thing . The black and blue also looks nice against the pro line’s too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
willyg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:20 AM   #3
SSD
RCC Addict

PARTS FOR ROCK / BAJA REY
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 06:51 AM   #4

I ordered the SSD third member and front bulkhead a couple of days ago. Just need to sort out which link mounts and front steering components.
Nails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 10:50 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

HR is legit. Pick what color you want, either is fine on those parts. Just stay away from losi aluminum TAs.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:45 PM   #6

I too am curious about their steering rack and brace, its about half the price as LOSI. Though I though if you were buying the kit you get all the goodies? I beat on my pretty good and havent really broken anything and the items that needed attention I picked up from SSD.

Willy, how has your luck been with their front sliders? I havent had a complaint about about the LOSI stuff but mine are starting to develop a bit of slop from use, its only a matter of time before they will be completely egged out up at the Ujoint area.
jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:44 AM   #7

I bought and i brooke at the first 3s pack my front cv splined(lock front diff) and no parts to repair it I have to check again. I contacted HR and they answered me it's gone come so I wait. for the HR 3rd member I have no problem with it fit well the front upper link bar is good too and I check the rear cv splin.
lipfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 03:54 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumper View Post
I too am curious about their steering rack and brace, its about half the price as LOSI. Though I though if you were buying the kit you get all the goodies? I beat on my pretty good and havent really broken anything and the items that needed attention I picked up from SSD.

Willy, how has your luck been with their front sliders? I havent had a complaint about about the LOSI stuff but mine are starting to develop a bit of slop from use, its only a matter of time before they will be completely egged out up at the Ujoint area.

To be fair jumper I haven’t had a chance to do any real drive time with it as yet but they seem really good and as soon as I get a break in the weather I will do an update

Old 11-02-2017, 10:11 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

I have the steering rack on my Baja Rey and I haven't had any issues with it, just make sure to use loctite.

BAJAREY2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:18 AM   #10

I've got the HR servo mount and camber link on mine and had no issues with fitment or quality.

On the other hand this is what happened on my first run with their "Heavy Duty" front CV shafts: (on 2S for that matter)

I'm running with the front locked, but these didn't even last as long as the stock plastic sliders. Needless to say that was a complete waste of $70, and even with their replacement program it'll cost me another $35 + shipping to get them to send out a new one. Assuming that they will replace it.
Boosted Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:41 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I finally got a break in the weather and also a break in the HR passenger side front drive shaft it was the ball end of the lower section that had sheared clean off :(
got it fixed and had to wait for bit of free time and had a good 45 mins of quite extreme crawling and rock racing up and down a seriously lumpy dirt track and I think the centre diff screws have sheared had to limp back on a single driving wheel which is quite interesting
I’m yet to actually pull it apart and see the damage :( boooo
It was a very enjoyable 45 mins though cruised througha very deep bog no problems and then up a seriously slick set of rocks,
Also did the update for the monster x which now puts the drag break at 215% lol nice and solid on a downward decent

Old 01-09-2018, 11:42 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

This thing did 100 gates at a the moon rocks with all the basic upgrades and a big sensored power system. No breakage so far

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
BigBlokBoi is offline   Reply With Quote

Upgrades - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new upgrades ax10tn Axial Wraith 4 01-02-2012 11:08 AM
upgrades? necessary or not? bajabeast Newbie General 1 11-09-2008 04:58 AM