Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Losi Rock Rey

Notices

Thread: Servo Horn Upgrade

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2018, 10:49 PM   #1

Default Servo Horn Upgrade

https://imgur.com/a/04LHt7S

Hello Everyone-

I've recently resumed my build and have decided to upgrade the stock plastic servo horn with the LOSI 'TRL1557 25T, Aluminum 22' servo horn. This sounded like solid advice from practically everyone since the plastic one is bound ti fail soon rather than later.

The problem is the new servo horn does not seem to fit the PowerHD 23kg Servo I purchased for my kit. The #25 round servo adapter which came with the kit seems to fit the servo perfectly snug but the new horn does not..... at all. I feel like I'm forcing it on when I apply pressure and it appears to be damaging the teeth in the new aluminum part. Should I just power thru because the aluminum is a softer metal and is suppose to conform to the servo or have I committed a rookie mistake and purchased the wrong part? Anyone else have this problem? See picture link at the beginning of the post. Thanks.

Last edited by BMPNGRND; 09-16-2018 at 10:54 PM.
BMPNGRND is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2018, 05:33 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Servo Horn Upgrade

Sure it's got the right number of teeth? It should do but worth checking. Been sent the wrong part in the right bag before.
mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mond View Post
Sure it's got the right number of teeth? It should do but worth checking. Been sent the wrong part in the right bag before.

I'm pretty sure. Take a look at the link to the pic. I actually ordered the same servo horn again from another supplier and I'm having the same issue like the 1st. What kills me is that the round '25' adapter fits like a glove so its not a servo issue either. I'm starting to think that maybe its just me .
BMPNGRND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 03:58 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I would start by counting the teeth just to make sure it's correct. Also, in your pic, the servo looks like there is some dirt/crud in the splines. Try cleaning that out and see if it goes on better.
scithera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 07:33 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I believe its the servo that is your problem. I find that the power HD servo I use in my sawback is a very tightfitfor non-clamping aliminum horns, and I even have a little trouble removing loosened claming horns.

When I use the same horns on other servos I have no issues.

I purchased that exact servo horn from Amazon for use on my Rock Rey kit. I had an extra DS3218MG that I had bought for another kit but used on the Rey as well. It slipped right on! If you have another 25t servo see if it fits better on it.
MrBlank is offline   Reply With Quote

Servo Horn Upgrade - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Servo Horn upgrade Benbot Axial SCX10 II 10 01-28-2017 05:47 PM
OFNA Servo Horn stout enough for Protek 170T Servo? Banjoblue Axial Wraith 2 06-25-2015 05:30 PM