Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Losi Rock Rey

Notices

Thread: New member looking to jump back into RC // Looking for shopping list input

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2018, 01:07 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Hi folks! Recently got my 7 year old a 1/16 summit and now I'm looking for a basher so we can play together.

Any input on this shopping list? Just looking for a durable build and don't much care about insane top speeds. (my son stays in training mode on the summit)

My main concerns are the servo horn, (will it bolt up to factory linkage) and the servo. Strong enough?

Welp, not sure why nobody wanted to give any input but I pulled the trigger! Ended up swapping out the losi bell crank for the hot racing version and went with different color paint.

I'm so pumped! Haven't had my own surface RC vehicle for about 10 years.

Last edited by THX_138; 12-15-2018 at 11:32 PM.
furadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2018, 04:50 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New member looking to jump back into RC // Looking for shopping list input

Sorry to hear the lack of input Iv been busy and not been on here much of late , but somebody should of mentioned the the electrics are not a sensored system which is the favoured choice and the most advanced to date , I’m not saying it won’t work just you won’t be able to tune it as much as you can with a sensored system ,... speed wise it’ll be extremely quick , crazy torque too
The servo horn should work length wise but you might find the thread on the stock ball screw is 4/40 and the thread on the aftermarket horn is m3 , you might be lucky though
Definitely a good choice with the HR bell crank though it’s a much stronger design ( don’t miss switching the metal bush out of the plastic piece though otherwise you’ll have a very sloppy steering linkage !
You will need a castle creations BEC to get the most out of the savox power hungry servo , the monster x esc only puts out 5.5 factory settings which isn’t very powerful and will definitely cause problems unless you set the bec up properly
There’s lots of useful tutorials on you tube showing you how to , it’s also a good idea to get a castle link there should be a coupon in the bottom of the castle packaging .
Hope it helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
willyg1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 06:56 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: New member looking to jump back into RC // Looking for shopping list input

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyg1981 View Post
Sorry to hear the lack of input Iv been busy and not been on here much of late , but somebody should of mentioned the the electrics are not a sensored system which is the favoured choice and the most advanced to date , I’m not saying it won’t work just you won’t be able to tune it as much as you can with a sensored system ,... speed wise it’ll be extremely quick , crazy torque too
The servo horn should work length wise but you might find the thread on the stock ball screw is 4/40 and the thread on the aftermarket horn is m3 , you might be lucky though
Definitely a good choice with the HR bell crank though it’s a much stronger design ( don’t miss switching the metal bush out of the plastic piece though otherwise you’ll have a very sloppy steering linkage !
You will need a castle creations BEC to get the most out of the savox power hungry servo , the monster x esc only puts out 5.5 factory settings which isn’t very powerful and will definitely cause problems unless you set the bec up properly
There’s lots of useful tutorials on you tube showing you how to , it’s also a good idea to get a castle link there should be a coupon in the bottom of the castle packaging .
Hope it helps

Oh dang I misread... the motor is sensored but the esc is not?! That's weird they would put that into a combo...
Old 11-02-2018, 07:05 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Nope ,...the other way round , yeah it is :(

Old 11-02-2018, 10:19 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Yep sorry my bad your right Iv seen it the other way round too (old)neu castle motor twinned with the (new)monster x

Old 11-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

You will need to switch the larger bullet connectors for the mamba x smaller size !

Hate to be the bearer of bad news dude but it sucks not to be able to get going and have to wait for more things , Iv been there bought a soldering iron in readiness for new connectors only to find out it wasn’t man enough for the chunky wires for the battery leads and had to buy a second one that was lol
That’s another thing actually get yourself some xt60’s , 100x better than deans or any other connectors to be honest

Last edited by THX_138; 12-15-2018 at 11:36 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:58 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Have tons of those! (I'm a drone racer)

Got the Mamba X esc today and already made the new motor wires with 4mm connectors. Kit should be here tomorrow!

Last edited by THX_138; 12-15-2018 at 11:37 PM.

New member looking to jump back into RC // Looking for shopping list input - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shopping List Deuce5150 Losi Rock Rey 1 09-06-2018 03:43 PM
Newb Needs Help!!!! shopping list SouthCaliRep EnRoute Berg 7 08-12-2011 12:10 AM
I need a shopping list rc-aggie Newbie General 6 05-14-2010 04:41 AM
Shopping list LST022752 HPI Wheely King 5 11-28-2007 08:41 AM
Shopping list cripper Newbie General 3 07-14-2007 10:39 PM