Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Losi Rock Rey
Loading

Notices

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By JatoTheRipper
  • 1 Post By Crawler Cads
  • 2 Post By Jim85IROC
  • 2 Post By Thloftus
  • 1 Post By Thloftus
  • 1 Post By smog
  • 2 Post By JatoTheRipper
  • 1 Post By Thloftus
  • 1 Post By JatoTheRipper
  • 1 Post By Thloftus

Thread: Rock Rey Kit Discontinued

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2018, 09:28 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: phx
Posts: 208
Default Rock Rey Kit Discontinued

I see the supply on the kits is running dry at the online stores. I managed to grab one before they were all gone.

I see the RTR still available. So I'm hopeful parts will be available. Anyone know why the kits are being discontinued?
mulepic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2018, 09:32 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 8,814
Default Re: Rock Rey Kit Discontinued

This pisses me off because I wanted to get one. I realized it was coming when they all disappeared from eBay. And now the Horizon site officially says they have been discontinued. Losi continues to kill crawler and scaler kits. Kits don't sell and the lack of sales are probably what killed them. I won't buy an overpriced RTR Rock Rey. The kit was awesome and I'm bummed I didn't get one.
smog likes this.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:52 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Devon
Posts: 330
Default Re: Rock Rey Kit Discontinued

You'll have to go biiiig then! 1/5 is it

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
TooOldForThis likes this.
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:08 AM   #4
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Readsboro, VT
Posts: 1,063
Default Re: Rock Rey Kit Discontinued

I've had one sitting in my Ebay wish list waiting for another 15% coupon day. :(
JatoTheRipper and c0bra like this.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:30 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 5280
Posts: 191
Default Re: Rock Rey Kit Discontinued

Hopefully the rock rey itself at least stays for a bit. RC is becoming a pump-and-dump enterprise. It's actually part of the reason I didn't go with a yeti, as Axial has done this far too often.
mOOsE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:54 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper
 
Thloftus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Arvada
Posts: 418
Default Rock Rey Kit Discontinued

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
This pisses me off because I wanted to get one. I realized it was coming when they all disappeared from eBay. And now the Horizon site officially says they have been discontinued. Losi continues to kill crawler and scaler kits. Kits don't sell and the lack of sales are probably what killed them. I won't buy an overpriced RTR Rock Rey. The kit was awesome and I'm bummed I didn't get one.

HobbyTown still has some. Google search “hobbytown rock rey kit” and then use the “store availability” button. I got one today by searching the entire US stock (set search radius to 3000 miles), then called a store that still had some in stock and asked if they could take a cc on the phone and ship it directly to me. There were 4 stores with stock as of a few hours ago. Keep trying if the first one doesn’t work out. They’re apparently independent franchises; individual stores are more or less willing to ship direct to customers.

Was bummed when the kit was discontinued Saturday night, all set to get one and then waited until Sunday ...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JatoTheRipper and smog like this.

Last edited by Thloftus; 12-04-2018 at 08:56 PM.
Thloftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:03 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 8,814
Default Re: Rock Rey Kit Discontinued

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thloftus View Post
HobbyTown still has some. Google search “hobbytown rock rey kit” and then use the “store availability” button. I got one today by searching the entire US stock (set search radius to 3000 miles), then called a store that still had some in stock and asked if they could take a cc on the phone and ship it directly to me. There were 4 stores with stock as of a few hours ago. Keep trying if the first one doesn’t work out. They’re apparently independent franchises; individual stores are more or less willing to ship direct to customers.

Was bummed when the kit was discontinued Saturday night, all set to get one and then waited until Sunday ...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Got in touch with one HobbyTown and the said they can't ship. So if you find any stock, please contact me! Thank you.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:31 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper
 
Thloftus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Arvada
Posts: 418
Default Re: Rock Rey Kit Discontinued

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Got in touch with one HobbyTown and the said they can't ship. So if you find any stock, please contact me! Thank you.
Sent you a PM
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Thloftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:42 PM   #9
into the ether...
 
smog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Winterpeg
Posts: 770
Default Re: Rock Rey Kit Discontinued

It always sucks to hear about another kit being discontinued. I am still choked Vaterra doesn’t have a kit for the Ascender, and just in time for xmas no less. My poor kid is getting an Axial product instead because he wants a winter project not an RTR.

Disappointed
JatoTheRipper likes this.
smog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:46 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Palm, PA
Posts: 140
Default Re: Rock Rey Kit Discontinued

Not surprised in the least, shame none the less. They were using the RR kit as a test to see if the kit concept would work out for the baja rey too. Well it seems they got their answer. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinue the RR and BR RTR's soon. The small amount of 3rd party support and small following makes me believe they are both weak sellers.
Arctic Cat ZRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:36 PM   #11
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: boise
Posts: 27
Default Re: Rock Rey Kit Discontinued

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Cat ZRT View Post
Not surprised in the least, shame none the less. They were using the RR kit as a test to see if the kit concept would work out for the baja rey too. Well it seems they got their answer. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they discontinue the RR and BR RTR's soon. The small amount of 3rd party support and small following makes me believe they are both weak sellers.
I disagree. I'm in every losi related FB I could find. The Losi ARRMY group has 800 members and the RR/BR group has 2300 members and is the most active losi related group on FB. People are constantly buying these things.

Also Losi just released the BND rock rey. Why would they do that if it was a weak seller?

What I heard was the RR kit was always meant to be limited run.
furadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:12 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 8,814
Default Re: Rock Rey Kit Discontinued

I did find one! It was more than the clearance price because the store had to ship it to me, but I have one. Now I have to figure out what parts to get for it or maybe I'll decide to resell it by the time it gets here.

If anybody wants want you can PM me and I may have a inside line on one, but you will pay more than $250 unfortunately.
smog and Thloftus like this.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:16 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper
 
Thloftus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Arvada
Posts: 418
Default Re: Rock Rey Kit Discontinued

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I did find one! It was more than the clearance price because the store had to ship it to me, but I have one. Now I have to figure out what parts to get for it or maybe I'll decide to resell it by the time it gets here.

If anybody wants want you can PM me and I may have a inside line on one, but you will pay more than $250 unfortunately.

Happy you were able to get one!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Thloftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:32 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 8,814
Default Re: Rock Rey Kit Discontinued

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thloftus View Post
Happy you were able to get one!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you!
Thloftus likes this.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:52 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper
 
Thloftus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Arvada
Posts: 418
Default Re: Rock Rey Kit Discontinued

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Thank you!

No problem!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Thloftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:02 AM   #16
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Readsboro, VT
Posts: 1,063
Default Re: Rock Rey Kit Discontinued

I've been kind of waffling back and forth between the Rock Rey kit or the Redcat Camo X4 RTR. I guess my decision just got easier.
Jim85IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Rock Rey Kit Discontinued - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PRICE REDUCTION Losi 1/10 Rock Rey 4WD Rock Racer Kit. RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-28-2018 02:58 PM
Losi Rock Rey Kit to Baja Rey "Kit" Conversion Parts List daign Losi Rock Rey 1 06-28-2018 07:11 AM
Losi Rock Rey Kit to Baja Rey "KitConversion Parts List daign Losi Rock Rey 0 06-27-2018 08:49 PM
Rock Rey kit Yeti.stealth Losi Rock Rey 32 04-02-2018 07:06 PM
Axial Yeti kit vs Los Rock Rey kit Dawson4 General Crawlers 15 11-12-2017 02:53 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com