Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Losi Rock Rey

Notices

Thread: Vanquish SLW Wheel Hubs for KMC 2.2 XD229 - Help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2019, 10:45 AM   #1

Default Vanquish SLW Wheel Hubs for KMC 2.2 XD229 - Help!

I bought the Vanquish KMC 2.2 XD229 beadlocks for my Rock Rey (https://www.amainhobbies.com/vanquis...s08040/p675935). I am using them with the Proline dual stage foams and Hyrax tires. This is all new to me and I have a few questions:

1. Are these wheels wide enough? I got them on but it was really hard. I had to put a ton of pressure to get the holes in the halves close enough to thread the hex screw. A ton. I’m not sure if I got the wrong size or that is just the nature of fitting them on the closed cell foam portion.

2. I had no idea I needed wheel hubs so I could fit these on the wheel hexes. I am on the Vanquish website and I can’t figure out which ones I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bicketybam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2019, 07:24 PM   #2

Default Re: Vanquish SLW Wheel Hubs for KMC 2.2 XD229 - Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicketybam View Post
I bought the Vanquish KMC 2.2 XD229 beadlocks for my Rock Rey (https://www.amainhobbies.com/vanquis...s08040/p675935). I am using them with the Proline dual stage foams and Hyrax tires. This is all new to me and I have a few questions:

1. Are these wheels wide enough? I got them on but it was really hard. I had to put a ton of pressure to get the holes in the halves close enough to thread the hex screw. A ton. I’m not sure if I got the wrong size or that is just the nature of fitting them on the closed cell foam portion.

2. I had no idea I needed wheel hubs so I could fit these on the wheel hexes. I am on the Vanquish website and I can’t figure out which ones I need. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1. I installed the Pro-line 2 stage foams with G8 Hyrax no problem, no force required on the Method Style Vanquish Wheels. Idk what could be different.
2. The SLW Hubs come in different lengths. I went with 650's for my Losi Rock Rey. Perfect.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk
Bumbeckd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 08:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbeckd View Post
1. I installed the Pro-line 2 stage foams with G8 Hyrax no problem, no force required on the Method Style Vanquish Wheels. Idk what could be different.
2. The SLW Hubs come in different lengths. I went with 650's for my Losi Rock Rey. Perfect.

Thanks for the reply. I emailed Vanquish and the guy said he recommends the 225's so I went with them.

The issue I had with the wheels was when I put the two halves together, the provided screws were nowhere near long enough to get them started. I ended up using 3 longer screws to hold the halves together and then I was able to use the provided screws in the other two holes. I then backed out and replaced the longer ones with the provided screws one at a time.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I emailed Vanquish and the guy said he recommends the 225's so I went with them.

The issue I had with the wheels was when I put the two halves together, the provided screws were nowhere near long enough to get them started. I ended up using 3 longer screws to hold the halves together and then I was able to use the provided screws in the other two holes. I then backed out and replaced the longer ones with the provided screws one at a time.

How do you like them now, after running them?

Old 02-06-2019, 05:54 PM   #5

Quote:

Im glad you asked the experts. Im happy with the extra width, personally.

Old 02-06-2019, 05:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbeckd View Post
How do you like them now, after running them?

I haven’t run them yet. I’m still waiting for 2 more hex hubs, which should be here tomorrow.

Vanquish SLW Wheel Hubs for KMC 2.2 XD229 - Help! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Incision 1.9 KMC XD229 Machete question XJkid93 Tires and Wheels 5 01-17-2019 11:35 AM
SLW-Hubs for KMC 2.2 XD127 Bully on RR10 ToCrawl Axial RR10 Bomber 0 11-01-2018 02:22 PM
New Vanquish Products KMC 2.2 XD229 Machete Wheels - In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 06-28-2017 11:06 AM
PSA: Vanquish SLW hubs use different screws than Axial SLW hubs fyrstormer Tires and Wheels 2 04-29-2015 07:06 PM