Notices

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By OpisOpus
  • 1 Post By OpisOpus

Thread: My RR build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2019, 10:03 AM   #1

Default My RR build

Got my Rock Rey a couple weeks ago, and liked it, but didnít love it. First day driving I snapped a shock so started with 4 Proline shock replacements. Went with the typical rear Slash shocks for the front, and the XT shocks for the rear.
Next was the steel rear upper links. I wanted to add weight to the back and I just liked the look of them.

Then I started having what I hope is servo problems (considering I bought a new servo.) I also bought the locker for the center diff. After tearing everything down for diff locking and servo replacement, and finding out itís not just the servo, but also the whole rack setup, I said screw it letís do a complete overhaul so as you can see itís all torn apart.

Upgrades already on are PL shocks all around, center diff lock and rear steel upper links.
Upcoming upgrades which I will update this post as I install them are:

HR steering rack setup
PL Hyrax G8 2.2 Tires and duel stage foams
Aluminum beadlock wheels (cheapos)
SSD front bulkhead
SSD third member
Savox waterproof Servo
Castle Monster Mamba X esc w/ 1515 2200kv motor
2 exotek alum diff housings (front and center)
Gravity 1,000,000 cst for front diff
The ultimate goal for this is to be a trail runner/crawler. Will continue to update over next week or so as parts get delivered and installed. Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thloftus likes this.
OpisOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM   #2

Default Re: My RR build

Ughhh the parts seem like theyíre taking forever to get here haha. I did get a few, but itís all stuff I have to wait for additional parts before I can begin building. I did however finally get the Hyrax 2.2 tires. Mounted them on the cheapo aluminum beadlock wheels with Pro-Line duel stage foam. Took forever bc that foam isnít the easiest to put in plus having to do the however many screws on each beadlock, but damn I love the look of them. I do need to acquire some locknuts that donít have the flange though bc the flanged nuts do not fit into the wheels.
I did also get my Savox 0231 servo, TLR25 servo horn, and the SSD third member. Need the rest of my servo parts and waiting on diff parts before throwing the third member on. More posts to come soon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thloftus likes this.
OpisOpus is offline   Reply With Quote

My RR build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JackedDriver's R1 Build (non-specific purpose / just wanted a good build) JackedDriver G-Made Crawlers 12 01-12-2016 08:59 PM
scx10 G6 2.2 Wroncho/Wrangler Build (AKA The Sleeping On The Couch Build) Irishchamp 2.2 Scale Rigs 45 10-09-2014 11:26 PM
Jeep scaler build and comp micro crawler build droopmodmrc Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 1 12-25-2012 01:34 PM
~53 Willys 2010 Comp Rig Build~ RC4WD MOA Worminator Build~ 53 willys General Crawlers 108 11-28-2011 01:42 AM