Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Losi Rock Rey

Notices

Thread: Baja Rey wheels/tires

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2021, 01:32 AM   #1

Default Baja Rey wheels/tires

I just bought a Losi Baja Rey and am wondering which wheels and tires fit this truck without any interference with the faux brakes and calipers. I like them and really want to keep them. I prefer actual bead locks. maybe even Aluminum wheels. I really want to help this thing with the handling too. I am not really a fan of tire ballooning as it won't help this thing handle. Any suggestions?
Reno340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2021, 10:49 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Baja Rey wheels/tires

My favorite wheels are the plastic glue-on Axial Method 105's (meant for the Yeti trophy truck.) They're available in black, white, orange, and green https://www.amainhobbies.com/2.2-3.3...aqtayqgzzxactz with a .185 SLW hub https://www.lockeduprc.com/SLW-185-W...ed-_p_712.html

If you really want beadlocks, and you really want aluminum, Vitavon makes a set specifically for the Baja Rey: https://www.ebay.com/itm/28395501155...0AAOSwzq5fzvtz

Most SCT tires are wider and shorter than the stock baja rey tires, and the added width becomes a problem. The proline bfg's at's and Axial bfg kr2's are narrow enough, but they're a little taller which creates its own set of problems. I've had okay luck with rc4wd's baja claws, but I'd have a hard time recommending them due to their bead diameter fitting so loosely on the wheels. Duratrax Six Pack SC's are a good fit, perform very well in loose dirt, and come with good closed cell foams, so as long as scale realism isn't the primary goal, they'd be my top choice currently.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:35 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I also run the Axial Yeti SCORE Method 105's. The .185 hubs sit pretty well with the ProLine BFG KO2's. As mentioned above, the diameter is a bit larger, resulting in some rubbing inside the tops of the bedsides and the rear edges of the fender flares. All told, no dealbreaker.

I'm eventually going to get a Vitavon set as it seems the Axial wheels are dwindling in supply... they're long discontinued, I believe. The KO2's resist ballooning much better than the stock tires, but my next set will get a "belt" of Gorilla tape.
elRayRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 12:08 AM   #4
RCC Addict

I noticed the yeti score wheels getting hard to find too. I just put another set (orange) on my 'rey since my first set (black) had several cracks around their lug holes after their 3rd set of tires. I also just put another set (green) on my son's 4x4 slash and have a pair (green) with paddles on them. I ordered a set of white ones (that I'm going to attempt to dye blue) last week from Amain for my other son's 2wd Slash, but between the time I put them in my cart, and when I actually checked out, they went out of stock and it looks like they'll be 5-6 days further out... I hope I didn't miss out! Maybe I should buy some more? I'm kind of surprised that nobody else sells slw sct wheels. DE Racing "Trinidad" sct wheels look like they'd be easy enough to convert once the supply of Methods has completely dried up. A friend of mine just mounted a set of Vitavon wheels (and EVERYTHING else they make for the Baja Rey) and they look very nice. He hasn't run it with the new parts yet, but he generally runs 4s with way too hot of a motor (something in the 4000kv-ish range) so we'll see how they hold a bead soon enough!
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 10:04 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Then I am sitting on gold, I have 25 new Axial Method 105s with KR3s (SCORE take-offs) waiting to go on builds.
MAC FAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2023, 08:03 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC FAB View Post
Then I am sitting on gold, I have 25 new Axial Method 105s with KR3s (SCORE take-offs) waiting to go on builds.
Don't be shy, share!
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote

Baja Rey wheels/tires - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monster truck tires for Baja Rey? Cyberbro760 Tires and Wheels 1 01-03-2020 10:51 PM
Losi Baja Rey Wheels Timw1229 Newbie General 4 12-27-2019 04:46 PM
VP Currie F9 Axles for Losi Rock Rey and Baja Rey - In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 04-27-2017 01:29 PM
Losi Baja Rey and Rock Rey Aluminum Hop-ups - In Stock! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 4 03-22-2017 04:30 PM