Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Louisiana

Notices

Thread: East Texas Chapter of TXRCRCA open to Louisiana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 09:42 AM   #1
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default East Texas Chapter of TXRCRCA open to Louisiana

We are in the process of seeking approval for an East Texas / Tyler chapter of TXRCRCA. Details are still being spelled out and the chapter has not been approved yet. I am posting this to inform you guys in West Louisiana and invite you to come and compete in our points series in '09 should we get approved.

We would like to hold comps in Shreveport as well as Tyler. We will be looking for new comp spots and want to draw as many people as possible from the region. The top two points leaders from each of the chapters of TXRCRCA will meet at the end of the year for a competition to decide who will be the Texas state champ and who will get the national invite for Texas.

One of the reasons why a Tyler chapter is being considered is fuel prices and drive time. I know many of the AR/LA/MS guys travel long hours and great distances. This could be an opportunity to get involved with another club's points series and cut down on your fuel and travel time. Let's face it, by the time summer hits, we are going to be looking at $4.25 for gas and $5.00 diesel. There is no telling where those prices could be by the time we start the '09 points series. Local / closer comps would benefit everyone.

If this is something that interests you, please post up. Feel free to PM me. The best thing you could do, is register with TXRCRCA and post in the thread titled Tyler needs a chapter.

The link to register is here:

http://www.txrcrca.org/forum/

The link to the thread where this is being discussed is here:

http://txrcrca.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1624

Tyler has a very nice public park and they are continuing to add rock work to it. Tyler has three good spots currently. I am working on a fairly large rock garden at my home and the owner of one of the local landscape and stone companies has already expressed interest in building a RC Rock Crawler only course also. The details are yet to be determined but we have some things are in the works.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I'll head to Tyler for the next comp, if schedule allows.

Whens the next one?
bbyrd22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 09:23 PM   #3
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd22 View Post
I'll head to Tyler for the next comp, if schedule allows.

Whens the next one?
When a comp is scheduled I will definitely post up. Right now though, we need people to register with TXRCRCA and post up saying they want an East Texas Chapter. Cspyy did this evening and the more people the better. Even if a chapter is formed in the next month, we won't start the points series until after nationals. If we do get the chapter, we will start having comps right away. That way we can start getting people ready for the points series. We are hoping to get large turnouts since it will be local and we know that not many locals do not have comp legal crawlers at the moment. We will also need to get more comp locations mapped out. Thank you for your interest and I will keep you posted.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:24 PM   #4

Well as of now east Texas does not have a chapter, and I last heard that the DFW chapter was not planning one here in Tyler anywhere in the near future, If you feel like you could/would participate in the east texas region please let your voice be heard on the www.txrcrca.org board. If granted we will work to get the driving time down for you LA guys.
stonedaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:05 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Ok, but what about another comp as you did in Tyler last month. I wanna check that place out. Don't wait on them, start having more comps. Go ahead and start having the comps to go towards the number required to become a club.

I'm in, at least for the East Texas side. Little Rock to Tyler, not to bad.

I'll sign up too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
When a comp is scheduled I will definitely post up. Right now though, we need people to register with TXRCRCA and post up saying they want an East Texas Chapter. Cspyy did this evening and the more people the better. Even if a chapter is formed in the next month, we won't start the points series until after nationals. If we do get the chapter, we will start having comps right away. That way we can start getting people ready for the points series. We are hoping to get large turnouts since it will be local and we know that not many locals do not have comp legal crawlers at the moment. We will also need to get more comp locations mapped out. Thank you for your interest and I will keep you posted.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:09 PM   #6
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd22 View Post
Ok, but what about another comp as you did in Tyler last month. I wanna check that place out. Don't wait on them, start having more comps. Go ahead and start having the comps to go towards the number required to become a club.

I'm in, at least for the East Texas side. Little Rock to Tyler, not to bad.

I'll sign up too.
Your right. That is very good advice. I will have to talk with some of the other guys and get something put together.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:15 PM   #7

I'm game, we could even record it on tape, to prove that we run it properly, and post it on the site as a comp vid. yeah thanks for the advice
stonedaddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:21 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedaddiction View Post
I'm game, we could even record it on tape, to prove that we run it properly, and post it on the site as a comp vid. yeah thanks for the advice
Just take pics and post some scores. That what we did for the ARK/LA/MISS club. We are now waiting for approval from the "Board" for official membership.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:30 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Default Approval granted!!

East Texas has it's own Chapter at www.TXRCRCA.org ! Come have a visit and look forward to events happening in the area soon!!
onespeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Onespeeder, yeah it looks like we are going to try and schedual a comp sunday may 18th, I will let everyone know as it gets a little closer when,where,what time ect.. I hope you guys can come participate!
mexiCAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexiCAN View Post
Thanks Onespeeder, yeah it looks like we are going to try and schedual a comp sunday may 18th, I will let everyone know as it gets a little closer when,where,what time ect.. I hope you guys can come participate!
I"ll have to wait for the next one. Got the OKRCRC two day comp that weekend. Keep having them, one will fall into place for me.