Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Louisiana

Notices

Thread: Small baton rouge g2g

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 10:14 PM   #1

Default Small baton rouge g2g

There will be a small gtg in baton rouge at the state fair grounds on Sat. October 18th. We will be running everything from nitros, to gassers, scalers, and crawlers. I will be bringing a few hundred pounds of chunk concrete for people to mess around on, but wont be much to crawl, its mainly for the people who havent tried crawling yet.
There will be plenty of open field, and am looking forward to another SLASH BASH, like at the june arklamiss crawler comp.
Im going to be getting there around 9am to setup, but put on rcnt that it starts around 10.
alpinehyperite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2008, 08:17 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Sounds good. I will try and make it.. Gota start testin my slash, make sure its still runnin.. lol..

Reckon i need to get a few others going before then too.
truckerbuddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:05 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

what is out there, is it just a field or do they have other things for scale runs or all out nitro speed free rome thing
pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #4

it would be a little of both. Im going to be bringing about 750 + lbs of chunk concrete out there for scaler/crawlers, but at this point im only seeing like 5-6 other confirmed people comming, most are scaler/crawler guys, but they have slashes. Thats gona be the main thing, the Slash Bash. But im going to bring my Baja 5b, and i believe that there will be at least one more 5b out there. Nothing really organized, but i will have a generator out there to hook up for chargers and such.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:36 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

ok sounds fun didnt know what to expect gonna try to get out there
then , gess i can blow the dust off the savage too
pook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #6

Im thinking of picking up a mamba max brushless setup for the slash, but idk if it'll be worth it since im running 4200mah nimh 7cells.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:06 PM   #7

i will bring my warthog,my friends will have a sinister, and a ax10 thats 3 crawlers in
brian2njoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:07 PM   #8

I might have to go scouting for more concrete. lol. All i got is a small pile. so if anyone's got any obstacles, load em up.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:35 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

you guys might want to check into it but I heard that they are already setting up for the State Fair so I'm not sure if nd where you guuys will be able to run.... With that said I have a rock pile (that can be changed up) and a small Slash bash track. Chip had asked me if some guys could come over on the 18th and I'm down with that!! I have lights so if it runs into the night its all good
blackcatnastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #10

I wana run my 5b, you got room at the house?
Old 10-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #11

I believe that we are going to moving the GTG to Independence Park off Independence Blvd and Lobdel Ave. More room, and more parking. + there is a hobby shop less than a mile away......
Old 10-15-2008, 09:36 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I was in hobby towne today, and had mentioned us using the fairgrounds, they said they thought the fair was comming to town soon. Guess we now know its sooner than we thought. I havnt been to independence park in a while, but i pass it at least once a week. Just hope they dont have any soccer games going, will be lots of people out there then, still should have plenty of parking tho.

Any thing i might need to bring? I might could find something for an obstacle, not sure if its up to par with comps tho. But something to flex over..

If plans change again, let me know, im prety flexible...
Old 10-15-2008, 09:56 PM   #13

Nah, we got the soccer fields, and if they got games, then we can go to the other side of the soccer fields, if they are playing on there, then we can go to the baseball fields next to state police headquarters about 100 yds away from the soccerfields. Plenty of room outthere. All we gotta worry about is a way to get people to register channels, some people commin im sure arent on 2.4 yet. + we got all kinds of food n stuff, and like i said, hobby shop is right there for when we kill our slashes. Im brushless now. :-P
Old 10-16-2008, 07:43 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Yup.. Your gona need them for that brushless setup.. lol..

I still think back to the shreveport gtg, stacy done striped out parts left and right... haha..

Wich parking lot are you planning on meeting in? If i recall right, they have a couple.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #15

I figure if there aint anything going on, we can just meet up in the theatre parking lot. Lots of gravel to screw around in, and a couple of us have minis to use on the concrete.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #16

im not sure about independence park but highland road park is real big and has some hills been ther before crawling pretty cool.also i live by the fair grounds ill check and see but also in the back of the fair grounds not where the fair is going to be but the actual park the is a bunch of trails that follow the creek nice also let me know im here and can help.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:17 PM   #17

Whats wrong with independence park?
Old 10-16-2008, 01:52 PM   #18

independence is cool but like they said there alot of sports going on .at the other parks nobody gets mad or cares about the rc s the state fair is going on the week of the 23rd so i think we will b ok at the fair grounds
Old 10-16-2008, 02:03 PM   #19

the 23 is next week.......... the grounds will be crawling with workers setting up all of the stuff.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:02 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

ive had a bad experience at the highland road park. stripped out a super class crawler front axle in the rock ditch off the main side road comming up from highland road. and i almost got hit in the head twice by them dang frisbie golfers... that is not a real sport....

but not saying a no go there. maybe another time? heck i dont care really... just lookin to break some trucks... lol