Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Louisiana

Notices

Thread: Lafayette La

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 02:32 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Cool Lafayette La

I'm a newby just looking for somebody to crawl with and help me set up my ax 10 the right way.Well I work offshore 14&14 so when I'm in I have plenty of crawling time.So let me know guys!!!!Thanks Blake
Bcampisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #2

if you wanna make a couple hour drive on the 7th or 8th, were having a g2g at the brec park off of hooper rd in baton rouge. its a rock hopping bike trail and is great for scalers and crawlers of all kinds. all the spare parts and tips you can handle
sudden_scaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

i'm in lafayette but i just sold off my fast rig to build a scx-10. gonna be a slow build and is probably gonna take 2 months. she'll be ready this summer.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Hooper Road! We used to ride mountain bikes there all the time when I was at LSU. I remember it getting very muddy. How is it for scalers? I may need to bring the trucks in with me next time I come visit the family.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:16 PM   #5

Heres the pix from last time we went. The SCX Kit was awesome out there. Mine is the stock SCX-10 kit with a f350 body on it.

alpinehyperite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:41 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Blake, I'm not really into the scalers at all, but I would like to get a comp group together here local to us. Local meaning within 100 mile radius. I don't want to always have to drive 10 hours roundtrip to go compete in TX or the northern part of the state.
I have some ideas for public spots, and a private rock garden as well.
PM me and we'll discuss this further. Same goes for the rest of you guys. If you want to get some comps organized, let's do it.
shelljeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelljeep View Post
Blake, I'm not really into the scalers at all, but I would like to get a comp group together here local to us. Local meaning within 100 mile radius. I don't want to always have to drive 10 hours roundtrip to go compete in TX or the northern part of the state.
PM me and we'll discuss this further. Same goes for the rest of you guys. If you want to get some comps organized, let's do it.

im down but after the beast is done . yall would need a scale class to for the other guys inculding my self!!!
shaunleger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:42 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Default Ready To Crawl

I'll be home on the Thurs the 11th from offshore.So looking for some to g2g haven't crawled my 2 axials yet and it eatin at me lol.Let Me Know
Old 03-09-2010, 07:13 AM   #9
RCC Addict

So you're getting home a bit earlier than you thought Blake?

I'm having a crawler gtg/bbq at my house on Saturday, the 13th, if you are interested. Not sure how many are coming, may not be many. This will be kid friendly, so bring'm if you wanna. Not a beerfest either. Light drinking is fine.
This is open to whoever wants to come, just let me know via pm, and I'll get you directions.
There's a build thread for my rock garden in Gen if you search under my name. Take a look and decide for yourself if you think if it's appropo for scalers. I would think you could find a line somewhere.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelljeep View Post

Hello,

Blake mentioned you to me and said we need to do some crawling together . I am from Monroe, LA but work with Blake. I did bring down my LLC and my Moonbuggy/Berg also. I will send you a friends request.

Lets get together mainly cause I am looking at building my own rock garden and would like to learn more about how you did yours.

Thanks
Marvelous Marvin
AKA Double "MM"
Marvelous Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Hey Marvin, sounds great man, let me know when you are passing through and we can do it. I'll be headed to work in a week or so myself, and won't be back for a few weeks so I hope we can get together before then.
I'd love to see how a berg rig does in the garden. Bring the LCC too, it would be the first time I've seen another of those in action.
Saw your album, it's cool that your kids have crawlers too. My daughter's a bit young for the stuff I have in the rock garden but she loves driving it through the grass and peelin out.
She'll drive the rocks occasionally but I can tell that having to follow directions and pay attention to where she's going kinda takes the some of the fun out of it for her. I think she needs a rock racer.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:08 AM   #12

I just had to post up today. I made contact with "Shelljeep" and he invited me to come crawl with him at his "Rock Garden". I had the time of my life. Great person and has a great place to crawl. The best part for him is it is in his own yard. Shell has got the right idea. He could hold a comp there and run two courses easly at the same time, maybe three. posting a link with the pics we took last night.

http://s441.photobucket.com/albums/q...Rock%20Garden/

Hope the link works.

Shell you got a great thing there.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #13
RCC Addict

Hey Marvin, it was great to meet you too. Really glad you had a good time, and look forward to doing it again soon. Like tonight. You free?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:35 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Default Wish I was In lol

Now hopefully we can set something up when we all in.I wish I was in when ya'll got together hey marvin email those pics I can't get on photobucket.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Yeah, ya missed out twice now mang.
Marvin came by again this afternoon. Still finding new lines out there. When are you coming back?
Old 04-01-2010, 06:28 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Default Shell

Hows it goin Shell.Yea Marvin sent me the pics wish I could have been in.I suppose to come in on the 8th but I might workover so if I do that would make me get in on the 14th.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:10 PM   #17
RCC Addict

It's goin' good man.
The rookie pile is no more. Turned it into a canyon this evening, shortly before the mosquitos tried to carry me off. Lol
It's difficult in one direction, and I haven't even made it up the entrance going the other way yet. There are a few crosslines on it also, if you can get across a 5-6" span.
I leave around the 15th, so I vote you come home on the 8th, rather than stay an extra week. Lol
Be safe out there
Old 04-15-2010, 06:43 AM   #18

Hey Shell, how have you been? Me well lets see..... When I made it home and started looking closely at the berg I notice a cap missing on the back ESC (Motor Fried ) that answers the question about the binding on the rear motor, I now have new caps installed and a new motor here being installed today.

I also picked up a Honcho. It is stock for now but I can see add-on comming.

Blake wants my LCC so I guess I will let him have it. "Your welcome Blake" LOL.

But thats life up here. Hows it down there?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:05 AM   #19
RCC Addict

Hey MM! It's going well. I rebuilt my LCC on a jig, new links, improved the geometry, retuned the shocks, went through the axles, just about everything was gone though in the last couple days.
Results?
I put it up Halfdome 5 times last night one one battery pack, also can still pull Impossible, and the far side of Halfdome. Dialed in. Ready to start building my LCC MOA rig now, but I'm headed to work early next week.
Blake is coming by in an hour or so, I will solder a BEC for him and then we'll get to see how his new Rovers and Goat 3s system works. That's cool he's buying your LCC, but are you SURE you wanna get rid of it? Seemed to hang with the Berg just fine I thought.
Speaking of the beast, glad to hear you figured out what the problem was back there. I thought you had broken something inside the gearcase.
Oh yeah, I installed a flood light out there too, so now we have a few more hours available to crawl.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:14 AM   #20

Like the flood light thing I guess I will have to start bring dinner for the family when I come over LOL.

Blake really wants the LLC..... No I didn't want to sell it but I just have to help my buddy out. And yes the fact that it was staying up with the berg made me think hard about it.

Just let me know when you are back in town and rested up and we should be able to have a GTG.

Later bro.