Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Louisiana

Notices

Thread: If you live in B.R. or close !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default If you live in B.R. or close !

Been trying to get my trail run on here in B.R. and is looking for a few who are interested in hooking up somewhere local in the evening or when ever to beat some trails up?
17dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #2

Default Re: If you live in B.R. or close !

I'd be up for it after work. I Live by Kenilworth and Perkins. The park right there might have some play spots. Do you have other areas?
CajunTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:49 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Pm sent Cajun Taco!!!!! Any body else?
Old 07-30-2012, 06:44 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Im in baton rouge as well, been out of the hobby for a while, but im getting back in. For whatever reason, every time i try and leave the hobby, i get sucked back in. ha.. Im working on getting what i still have up and running. Soon as i sort out the glitching issues in my xc, ill be ready to run, test runs today didnt go so hot.

Also working on building a course in my yard, hopefully what will keep me hooked in it for the long run when i get it built.
truckerbuddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:17 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Trucker...... If u need any assistance , don't hesitate to holla at me!! Breaking and working on my rigs is now a regular thing!!! Lol
Old 07-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Ill let ya know, might need some help with track layout and design later on when i really get started with it. Imput from others aint never a bad thing. Got a bridge or something like it planned too, but i wont give away too much till its started..

Soon as i get time to get to Hobby Towne and get some better electronics for my XC, ill be ready to go hit the trails. Light trails, it is an xc with street like tires. lol...
truckerbuddy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #7

I live in the Walker/Denham area and if anyone wants to get together to do some trail truck/crawling send a PM. Trying to find a few good spots locally and people. I run an SCX10
lsu60driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

ok guys lets get something goin!!! I live in the Zachary area but have found a few good spots. I have gone to the Hooper rd Bike trails a few time( really like it here). there is a nice spot down the street from my house. Plus im SLOWLY working on a crawl spot at the house. Really wanting to get a few guys together for a regular run.
Ill go so far as to put my number up on here and text me if you want to get together.

Thanks
Daniel
225-439-18one zero
mudweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:50 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudweaver View Post
ok guys lets get something goin!!! I live in the Zachary area but have found a few good spots. I have gone to the Hooper rd Bike trails a few time( really like it here). there is a nice spot down the street from my house. Plus im SLOWLY working on a crawl spot at the house. Really wanting to get a few guys together for a regular run.
Ill go so far as to put my number up on here and text me if you want to get together.

Thanks
Daniel
225-439-18one zero
I'm in New Orleans, but I'm willing to meet up every so often for a trail run up your way. Not too many places in my area to run. Plus I'm hoping 17dean would meet me as well and we can do some trailing!
tokdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:40 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

im down to meet up and do some trailing! fouind a GREAT spot to go at the Hooper Rd MTB Trails. Great trails there already, but with a lil shovel work we could make some nice technical lines also. with I knew how to post videos and pics I'd post em. just let me know when yall are ready. tokdl... you have my number just lmk when you are ready. I made a page on FB if yall wanna join.
"Baton Rouge Area Scale Crawler"

Last edited by mudweaver; 12-01-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:58 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Old 12-01-2014, 06:26 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudweaver View Post
im down to meet up and do some trailing! fouind a GREAT spot to go at the Hooper Rd MTB Trails. Great trails there already, but with a lil shovel work we could make some nice technical lines also. with I knew how to post videos and pics I'd post em. just let me know when yall are ready. tokdl... you have my number just lmk when you are ready. I made a page on FB if yall wanna join.
"Baton Rouge Area Scale Crawler"
Sounds like a plan! Great photo BTW. My weekends are pretty much free. I'm anxious to see what you found. The area I trail consists of mainly flat brush and vines that wrap the axels, but are pretty nice for a hike. Would like to get together some time and do something a bit different. I know 17Dean would maybe like to go as well. Will send him a text too. I'll be joining your FB page as soon as I can too. I'll send you a text today. EDIT: Can't seem to find that Facebook page.

Last edited by tokdl; 12-01-2014 at 06:30 AM.
Old 12-27-2014, 01:43 PM   #13

I live near Baton Rouge and just pulled my Wraith out of the storage container that it has been in for about 2 years. I'm doing some maintenance on it and I need a new TX/RX if I remember right and then I'd be up for hitting some trails in the BR area.
derek12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek12v View Post
I live near Baton Rouge and just pulled my Wraith out of the storage container that it has been in for about 2 years. I'm doing some maintenance on it and I need a new TX/RX if I remember right and then I'd be up for hitting some trails in the BR area.
Sounds awesome, so far three of us have been in somewhat regular contact with each other. Hoping for a meet up some time after the first of the year. The more the better!
Old 12-27-2014, 04:44 PM   #15
Rock Crawler

Wrenching and reading ! Gotta get out the lab and look for some spots!!!
Old 12-27-2014, 04:46 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Same here 17dean, just fiddling with the JK body a bit.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:51 AM   #17

It make take me a few weeks to get mine together.. I ordered a bearing kit and I noticed last night that both my ring and pinions show good bit of wear so I'm going to order gears and lockers this week.. I'd like to buy a hacked GT3C but overkillrc is sold out right now..
derek12v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 11:29 AM   #18
Rock Crawler

Sounds good, keep us informed! Hope we can all get together one day for a trail run.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:36 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

This Saturday , we embarked on a great trail run with some great guys!!! Great terrain and enough nooks and crannies to enjoy yourself G6 style.. Here are a few pics !!! Wanna have fun to and if you close , just holla !!!

Contact me if u bout it bout it !!!!
Old 02-09-2015, 02:43 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Don't think I've ever had so much fun. Awesome trails and true crawling throughout the hike. Gets no better than this for a scaler or crawler. Awesome people make an awesome time!

If you live in B.R. or close ! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Close enough! EeePee Chit Chat 6 11-18-2011 05:46 AM
Anybody live in or close to Argos, Indiana? Thorsteenster Chit Chat 0 10-30-2007 03:51 PM