Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Louisiana

Notices

Thread: Southwest Louisiana

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2014, 03:01 AM   #1

Default Southwest Louisiana

Anybody here from Lake Charles, Lafayette. . That general area... we have a good sized group in lake Charles and looking to try a few different spots around us
cajun-crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2014, 08:05 PM   #2

Default Re: Southwest Louisiana

I live in ruston and have huge crawler course that I have set up in an old dirt pit. We get a big group of guys every now and then or when we just feel lime running some crawlers and make a full afternoon of it. The last time I counted all the gates we made through out the course it over 200 plus gates
Bigmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 08:17 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I'm up in Deridder. I dont have anything at the moment but I am going to either be buying a Yeti or a SCX10 Power Wagon very soon. I will buy both but I havent decided which will be first. I have a small area in my yard (~30'x30') that I can setup as a crawler course. I have a bunch of rocks, wood, tires, and paving stones that I can setup as obstacles.

Last time I got into crawling I didnt last long because I was bored by myself so hopefully I can meet up with some folks fairly close to me. There is a lot of stuff in the National Forest that could be good.
Col_Sanders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 02:49 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I ended up ordering the Power Wagon, an icharger, a few battery packs, and some Traxxas connectors yesterday. Next weekend I will be headed up to Dallas to visit some family and I'll take it with me. I probably wont be able to get started on my little course for 2-3 weeks.

I will probably order a Yeti kit before the end of the month. That will probably take me a few weeks to complete due to funding.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:51 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Bumping this, any update on places to go? I have a Yeti that is set up to bash and not really to crawl. Is still attempt to crawl though but I haven't locked out my front diff.

I'm going to stay in Lake Charles for a few weeks, I will be hitting up a big offroad course in Boston with my Dad, but it's more a short course/buggy course than something suited for a Yeti.

Last edited by Aebous; 05-24-2015 at 09:54 PM. Reason: details
Aebous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 11:34 AM   #6
RCC Addict

I'm about an hour from LC. I really don't know of any places worthy of that long of a drive for bashing or crawling. My SCX10 course at home still needs work. I've moved a bunch of rocks in but I haven't really put any effort into getting a course setup yet. Been too busy with other stuff.

I always keep an eye out for new spots. There is a cave with a creek and some rocks, hills, and short walking trails over in the Kisatchie but it is probably not really good for the Yeti. I've taken my Yeti to a mx track and a place by work but I mostly just play with it in the yard.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:33 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Do you all do any trail run or crawling in Abbeville?
snapon boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Southwest Louisiana - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new from louisiana buc131 Newbie General 3 09-10-2012 12:05 PM
New From Louisiana La_Crawler Newbie General 0 03-07-2008 02:46 PM
Anyone Here From Louisiana chip cross Chit Chat 6 08-05-2007 05:53 PM
Louisiana Crawlers Will Chit Chat 14 07-15-2005 03:06 PM