Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Maine

Notices

Thread: What are you working on??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2015, 07:10 PM   #381
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: What are you working on??

I put my order in to full throttle rob and he made me these awesome plates for my rigs! Thanks rob.
Attached Images

Kaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2015, 01:14 PM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaler View Post
I put my order in to full throttle rob and he made me these awesome plates for my rigs! Thanks rob.
Nice work Rob, they look super scale!
Jeff True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:50 AM   #383
Quarry Creeper

I am putting a HH 3100kv 540 motor in my scx10 tonight. With a MMP.
Levesque87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 09:31 PM   #384
Pebble Pounder

Just ordered up some 100mm Kings for my wraith. Like the ones on my Bronco. see how well these work.
Androtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:35 PM   #385

Started with an idea that I wanted one of these

So I had to do this

which got me to here
With a new front bumper from BGR and a Commando winch from LockedUp.

While I'm at it let me refresh my SuperShafty tranny with a new case from VP, add a Hurtz Dig.

I'll need to relocate all my electronics as the "Project" box in the back will not fit the Stiffy. I plan to 3D print a Fuel Cell for the back that will hide/hold the MMP ESC. I got a SpeedWeigan Oil pan for the front to hide the BEC and will just need to find a home for the RX and LED modules.

I'm also pretty sure I'm screwed on the stock Wraith interior now, thanks Dig, so I also ordered a bunch of styrene to build a new one from scratch.
Looper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 10:55 PM   #386
Pebble Pounder

Little progress on my honcho resto. Finally got all my parts in. Made rear bed sides out of a old chevy body. Ways to go. Its nice to have everything there to be ready to run. Now if I could just finish these other rigs too.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:29 AM   #387
Quarry Creeper

Hey Steve, is the flag on the bed something you bought?
Ive been looking for small 'Merican flags for some of my buggies.
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:15 AM   #388
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
Hey Steve, is the flag on the bed something you bought?
Ive been looking for small 'Merican flags for some of my buggies.
came on the sticker sheet with the new body
Old 06-07-2015, 06:11 AM   #389
Rock Crawler

Sold my airplane finally. Now there's money burning a hole in my pocket!

That didn't take long..

RPP Hobby
SYPSC4 AXIAL 2.2 Trail Ready HD Series Wheels w/Slim Line Beadlock (4pcs) $29.99 1 $29.99
HOTSCP125R Hot Racing Axial SCX10 AX10 Wraith Yeti Unibody SHD Differential Locker $18.99 4 $75.96
VPS03200 Vanquish Wraith Steering Knuckles Black $39.99 1 $39.99
AX30401 Axial HEAVY DUTY BEVEL GEAR SET 36T/14T $23.69 1 $23.69
AX30395 Axial HEAVY DUTY BEVEL GEAR SET 38T/13T $23.69 1 $23.69
DSC-529 June 15.00 off -$15.00 1 -$15.00

CrawlerInnovations Foams 5.5 Standard MED 2 pair for the 2.2 Falken Tires on the Wraith
24 Revo rod ends for redoing aging homemade links.

It's going to be a good week!

Last edited by robertjpjr; 06-07-2015 at 08:57 AM.
robertjpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:24 PM   #390
Pebble Pounder

after determining I was worrying too much. Slapped the new King shocks on the wraith. Dropped the castle link board on the floor and killed it. Just my luck. Gave it a good flogging. No more over heating!!!!! The Kings made a big difference! New castle link ordered. Now to get the throttle curves tweaked in and change it to sensored only. Think im getting it to where I need it. Had to cut my front fenders back. Right side one had broke from the front so no big deal.

Need to order more rod ends before I can finish the Honcho. And way more time to work on my rigs would be nice too.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:21 AM   #391

I want to hide my MMP in the back and make it look like a fuel cell.
In my mind this only takes a few hours but in reality it took most of a day this weekend to do all the design work. This was v2; v1 was a one piece design that I could not get the on/off switch into.

Fresh off the printer
I have conformal coated my MMP so I'm not worried about water, I'm more worried about heat and it sitting in water for extended periods so I rather have the case drain out then have a water tight bath tub. The front is open to run the wires forward and allow me to plug in the sensor wire.

Side view mock up
I'm hoping the "Fuel Cell" does not look too big and out of scale by using black section on the bottom. The radiator is just sitting there for mock up. I need to find a way to secure it.

Back view mock up
You can see where I left a spot for the switch.

New home for my tail lights.
Two screws in the back, up from the bottom, will hold the fuel cell and light bar to the frame.

I plan to sand a paint the fuel cell and add extra fixtures to help it look more realistic but this is a good start.

Last edited by Looper; 06-08-2015 at 05:24 AM.
Looper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:51 PM   #392
Rock Crawler

Got my parts from RRP. New vanquish knuckles for the wraith. The bearings were a very tight fit. Too tight, I had to press them in with some effort.
Put the new hot racing lockers in front and rear. Honestly I don't see a difference..
I'll try replacing the axle shafts sometime. I still have play between the wheels.

New foams in the fallen 2.2 tires on new axial spawn wheels. Same as yeti, etc. Has the 6 bolt with hubs so I can play with the track width and offset.
Also put overdrive HD gears in front, reg HD gears in rear.

Tomorrow is scx10 lockers. That's all folks.

Last edited by robertjpjr; 06-10-2015 at 11:08 PM.
robertjpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:32 AM   #393
Pebble Pounder

Well, got a handle on the temps. Esc runs around 108 and the motor around 95. Only problem now. Cleaned the gears out of the front axle. Im having second thoughts on the 3100kv roc 412. Tons of power. BUT! Just cant seem to get any low end control. Unlike the ford and the bronco. They both will crawl a snails pace, no matter how steep the incline. I have messed with the settings in the MMP so much that im running out of ideas. Biggest problem im having. Its like the motor is on a trans break. You give it more throttle to move over the obstacle, it acts like its loading up. then boom off it goes out of control. Even after turning the power down 20%, still able to pop wheelies, most of the time putting it on its lid. I don't know if its just the motor, or the weight of the rig. or maybe the 2.2 tire size. None of my 1.9 rigs do this. Thinking I may be done with 2.2's. Ive grown so fond of the control I get from my scalers. Been thinking I may trade it off or just part it. What good is $1700 worth of headache that cant compete with a $500 rig? Very frustrated!
Old 06-13-2015, 10:41 AM   #394

I know you want wheel speed and want to crawl and not put anymore money into it. But I think the only way to get everything you want in one package is to go with a 2 speed trans. Sounds like it's geared too tall for crawling. I bet she'll do at least 15 20 mph by the sounds of what you describe.
Haulingram82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 10:48 AM   #395
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androtaz View Post
Well, got a handle on the temps. Esc runs around 108 and the motor around 95. Only problem now. Cleaned the gears out of the front axle. Im having second thoughts on the 3100kv roc 412. Tons of power. BUT! Just cant seem to get any low end control. Unlike the ford and the bronco. They both will crawl a snails pace, no matter how steep the incline. I have messed with the settings in the MMP so much that im running out of ideas. Biggest problem im having. Its like the motor is on a trans break. You give it more throttle to move over the obstacle, it acts like its loading up. then boom off it goes out of control. Even after turning the power down 20%, still able to pop wheelies, most of the time putting it on its lid. I don't know if its just the motor, or the weight of the rig. or maybe the 2.2 tire size. None of my 1.9 rigs do this. Thinking I may be done with 2.2's. Ive grown so fond of the control I get from my scalers. Been thinking I may trade it off or just part it. What good is $1700 worth of headache that cant compete with a $500 rig? Very frustrated!
Your sensor wire ok? They do go bad or even come bad from the manufacturer.
Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 12:24 PM   #396
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androtaz View Post
How does it run in reverse? Does it do the same or is it smoother?
Kaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 03:17 PM   #397
Quarry Creeper

Default What are you working on??

Might be a sensor board, I lost one in my roc 412 soon after installing, and it reacted the same as yours.
Old 06-13-2015, 03:50 PM   #398
Pebble Pounder

skybolt your the 2nd one to say that. I know some tekin motors you can buy the sensor board. How did you fix yours? My gearing is at 12/56. Cant get a 9 in there. and im not willing to go higher on the spur and have to loose the dust cover. The heat issue is gone so its not the gearing. it has to be a motor issue.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:29 PM   #399
Quarry Creeper

I sent mine in to tekin and had it back within 10 days with a new board, it's run perfect since. (Sorry I missed the other post, didn't read back far enough!)
Old 06-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #400
Pebble Pounder

Its not that the power isn't there. But its like the motor struggles under load. Then you have to give it more throttle to get it to move , then its like too much when it does go. I get no cogging. Just the grumble on the low end like my ford was after its salt water dunk. Im going to check the wire then go from there. Like I told Jeff ,I have no where near the low end control like you guys do. No low end crawl. Just balls to the wall. Even on an incline that would be too steep. I cant just slowly turn the wheels to try and get bite. It sits and sits till about 1/2 throttle then off it goes with more power then I should need to spin the tires. And my throttle curves are set to default. Its even more crappy then when , you , jeff and I went to Bradbury in the spring. Kind of sad that the old redline 13.5 is crawling better then the roc. Hate to send it out to find that's not it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skybolt View Post
I sent mine in to tekin and had it back within 10 days with a new board, it's run perfect since. (Sorry I missed the other post, didn't read back far enough!)

What are you working on?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Working out ozyint Chit Chat 6 08-02-2011 02:34 PM
Something new I am working on sparky0068 1.9 Scale Rigs 24 08-16-2008 10:14 PM
Little Something We Was Working On pureadrenalin Chit Chat 33 10-22-2007 11:03 AM
Im Working On A Working Wrecker Any Ideas? LEDDPIPE General Scale Talk 7 12-13-2006 11:53 PM
What I've been working on...... CSR Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 26 11-10-2005 04:54 PM