Thread: What are you working on??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2016, 06:36 AM   #1081
RCC Addict

Default Re: What are you working on??

I made some crude custom braces for the steering knuckles

To hopefully keep this...

From looking like this....

Last edited by Itali83; 07-15-2016 at 06:40 AM.
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2016, 06:00 PM   #1082
Pebble Pounder

Not R/C related(though I have been trying to figure out a way to make my tractor radio controlled for years), but I've been mowing a sea of grass....
Ugh!
Attached Images

Full Throttle Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:13 PM   #1083
Pebble Pounder

Finally got around to gettin some decals on.
Attached Images

Kaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 01:14 PM   #1084
Pebble Pounder

Backside.
Attached Images

Old 07-25-2016, 01:37 AM   #1085

Looks really nice
617cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:33 PM   #1086
Pebble Pounder

Been working on getting the Ford ascender in fighting shape..been having troubles with drag break. even set at 200% it still wont hold. In the process of tweaking the esc. The 3rd time around I had a brain fart. Grabbed the servo plug instead of the esc.....heres where it gets really interesting. cant figure out why the esc wont connect to my lap top...oh the transmitter's on. better shut that off..don't want to waist batteries...click..truck goes full wide open forward...I tend to gear a little high so the tires spin fast enough to chew through the first layer of skin....nice wound on the back of my hand.....so while the rears are digging through the top of my hand as im holding the truck off the table. ...it grabs the table cloth....goodbye all the teeth on the front axle pinion.....so yah I bought a new motor..going to test out the Gen 3 redline 17.5 , also added another ounce in the front and for giggles I tossed 2 ounces over the rear. Have a set of Proline BFG ko2's for the boys xj. Been busy tinkering on the off road racing stuff. And building a track. So been rather busy!
Androtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:26 PM   #1087
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androtaz View Post
Been working on getting the Ford ascender in fighting shape..been having troubles with drag break. even set at 200% it still wont hold. In the process of tweaking the esc. The 3rd time around I had a brain fart. Grabbed the servo plug instead of the esc.....heres where it gets really interesting. cant figure out why the esc wont connect to my lap top...oh the transmitter's on. better shut that off..don't want to waist batteries...click..truck goes full wide open forward...I tend to gear a little high so the tires spin fast enough to chew through the first layer of skin....nice wound on the back of my hand.....so while the rears are digging through the top of my hand as im holding the truck off the table. ...it grabs the table cloth....goodbye all the teeth on the front axle pinion.....so yah I bought a new motor..going to test out the Gen 3 redline 17.5 , also added another ounce in the front and for giggles I tossed 2 ounces over the rear. Have a set of Proline BFG ko2's for the boys xj. Been busy tinkering on the off road racing stuff. And building a track. So been rather busy!
That sounds like something that would happen to me.... sorry man, I'm not gonna lie.... I LOL'd about that.

FWIW: Your drag brake issue could be as simple as gear pitch. You can easily roll my ZJ-10 all over hell's creation. It has 32P gears.
My other crawlers are 48P gears and it takes a significant amount of force (both downward and forward) to turn the motor over. All are 55T brushed motors.

Just my 2% of a dollar. Lol
Full Throttle Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 05:04 AM   #1088
Pebble Pounder

I've had problems with the drag brake also, my fix was as simple as messin with the throttle trim. Had to lean it more towards reverse.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:05 AM   #1089
Pebble Pounder

Its running the stock spur. Im geared tge same as the green ford and have no drag break issue. Im thinking its the track star. $30 bl motor lol. Also noticed if i mess with the throttle trim oot dials the drag brake to nothing.
Old 07-26-2016, 05:06 AM   #1090
Pebble Pounder

I can dial it alk the way back. With the esc set at full crawler. Still wont hold.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:47 AM   #1091
Rock Crawler

Drag brake has more to do with the motor / ESC than anything else.
If your motor is junk or simply not powerful enough, magnetically, it won't hold.
Brushless-motors are generally either 2 or 4 pole. More poles, more torque, more holding power.
For excellent holding power you really need brushed.
I've never had true hold with brushless-motors, as the ESC can't just short out the motor. As it can with brushed.
Long story short, your new motor will be better in the short run at least. Since the magnets will be all new and shiny. You may run into the same problem down the line though.
Cleaning helps, and keeping temps down. The hotter the magnets get the less they are effective.
robertjpjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:03 PM   #1092
Pebble Pounder

Got the New motor in, Gen 3 Tekin Redline 17.5...not the RPM version...almost thought I ordered the wrong one. Helped with my drag break issue. Almost 2xs over the old motor. Fixed a few issues and im ready for Saturday!
Old 07-27-2016, 07:09 PM   #1093
Quarry Creeper

Ive got to wire the bomber up. I ended up getting a HH servo from Rpp and it was before HH got to repair the soft pins in them and I snapped on. But have no fears Rpp has over night shipping and my new HH will be here in time for this weekends event. I ordered a couple extra gear sets as well. I only run HH servos in my crawlers. But I am getting excited for the weekend. I will bring the scx10-II if anyone wants to try it out/look it over. Feel free to finger bang it, but tip accordingly.
Levesque87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 03:59 AM   #1094
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levesque87 View Post
Ive got to wire the bomber up. I ended up getting a HH servo from Rpp and it was before HH got to repair the soft pins in them and I snapped on. But have no fears Rpp has over night shipping and my new HH will be here in time for this weekends event. I ordered a couple extra gear sets as well. I only run HH servos in my crawlers. But I am getting excited for the weekend. I will bring the scx10-II if anyone wants to try it out/look it over. Feel free to finger bang it, but tip accordingly.
Whats an acceptable tip these days?
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 04:12 AM   #1095

18% or 5 bucks. Which ever is lower
Midcoast crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:36 PM   #1096

made up some new skins for the Bomber now they match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thunder 3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:27 AM   #1097
Pebble Pounder

Well , now I have 2 ascenders with a broken right side cvd shaft. Got digging into big green last night. No more playing in the sand for my rigs. Drive shafts and all 4 cvds rusted to hell and frozen solid. drive shafts are soaking in WD40, and I picked up some wd40 corrosion protecting spray. After this weekend im in build mode again! And thanks to Thunder for selling me the Axial bfg ko2's....they are going to look so f'n killer! Now if I can get some closed cell CI's for them.
Old 08-01-2016, 03:26 PM   #1098
Pebble Pounder

and after a 24 hours soak. one came loose the other snapped the drive pin in 3 pieces...here we go with the drive shafts!
Old 08-01-2016, 05:21 PM   #1099
RCC Addict

That's why I always oil every moving part on my truck. Rust and squeaks are no good. It does attract dirt but I don't care. I was able to literally wear out my driveshaft pins. Here's a picture of them the night before Saturdays comp. got my money's worth for sure. 11 months of use not too bad I think.

Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:14 PM   #1100
Pebble Pounder

Took some work but i got the broken pin out. Had to press the other piece out. Noe to find a pin. These shafts had 3 runs on them. I dont think all the lube in the world would have stopped the rust. Thats what i get fir playing in that salty sand.

What are you working on?? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Working out ozyint Chit Chat 6 08-02-2011 02:34 PM
Something new I am working on sparky0068 1.9 Scale Rigs 24 08-16-2008 10:14 PM
Little Something We Was Working On pureadrenalin Chit Chat 33 10-22-2007 11:03 AM
Im Working On A Working Wrecker Any Ideas? LEDDPIPE General Scale Talk 7 12-13-2006 11:53 PM
What I've been working on...... CSR Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 26 11-10-2005 04:54 PM