RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Maine (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/maine/)
-   -   southern maine rock crawlers???? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/maine/534106-southern-maine-rock-crawlers.html)

mbc 04-26-2015 04:45 PM

southern maine rock crawlers????

Hey guys, new to rock crawling. Have a night crawler I've been working on. Looking for rock piles and others in southern maine into the same. Anyone down here?

robertjpjr 04-26-2015 05:47 PM

Re: southern maine rock crawlers????

We frequent Reid state park, Bradbury state park. Next weekend is Camden.

Kaler 04-26-2015 07:33 PM

Hey mbc, theres quite a few of us here in southern maine. Keep an eye on here for when we run, more than welcome to join us.

mbc 04-26-2015 09:12 PM

Hey guys. Thanks for the response. I've been looking around at old threads and such. It looks like most of u are mid coast??? It looked like there is a group of you up there. So far mostly a lot of scaler stuff. Anyone working the technical stuff....more comp style?? Would hate to be an odd duck. Not quite suited for ripping down the trails!

Androtaz 04-27-2015 12:33 AM

They may look like trail rigs. Believe me we put them through a lot. We don't shy away from anything. lol We have very set up and capable rigs in our group. We crawl a lot of different places. Ive seen these rigs do some amazing things you wouldn't think possible.

Cordwood 04-27-2015 04:36 AM

I'm going to bring my 2.2s the next time I go out.

Cordwood 04-27-2015 05:13 AM

Actually, I'm looking into modernizing my 2.2s and hitting up some of the Boston Crawlers comps. Anyone else interested in going to one? I think they have a "run what you brung" class for those that don't have a 2.2p or 2.2s.

skybolt 04-27-2015 06:49 AM

mbc, you should check out the runs we do at Reid State Park, we don't mark out a course or anything, but it is all slow/technical crawling. Check back through some of the pics and see if its something up your alley.

Looper 04-27-2015 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbc (Post 5211508)
Hey guys. Thanks for the response. I've been looking around at old threads and such. It looks like most of u are mid coast??? It looked like there is a group of you up there. So far mostly a lot of scaler stuff. Anyone working the technical stuff....more comp style?? Would hate to be an odd duck. Not quite suited for ripping down the trails!

I'm in Hollis, practically a next door neighbor to you. I also have Comp that I'm itching to use. I built it last fall/winter and have not had an opportunity to take it out. Here is the build thread - Loopers Bully2 Build

I have two kids with a fairly busy schedule so I don't get out as much as I would like.

Cordwood 04-27-2015 07:57 AM

We need to find a place around us that would be good for comp rigs. I've got an older bully that's just a roller I'd like to get motivated to get running.

der ceej 04-28-2015 06:55 PM

i'm close to you also, in steep falls. i dont have a comp rig, but i do like crawling.

Haulingram82 04-29-2015 08:40 AM

I'm right in baldwin and there's a spot in hiram at the dam I frequent with much challenge for comp style rigs and trail trucks. When the saco river goes down there's a great spots to do some serious crawling as well as up mount Douglas which is more trail oriented but it's a fun trip up with steep climbs up 1 of the trails.

Haulingram82 04-29-2015 08:42 AM

If any of you are free Sunday we could do a run at the hiram falls.

Cordwood 04-29-2015 09:31 AM

I might be able to do that on Sunday.

Haulingram82 04-29-2015 09:35 AM

Sweet. Let me know what time works for you. I'm usually free all Sunday unless I make plans lol.

der ceej 04-29-2015 04:57 PM

im free sunday mornings till about 1

Looper 04-29-2015 08:03 PM

I fly out to Chicago for work this Sunday and will be gone for the week.

Haulingram82 04-30-2015 07:13 AM

So how's Sunday morning 10am at hiram falls. Does that work for everyone

Midcoast crawler 04-30-2015 07:57 AM

Where is this place exactly? I might be interested in checking it out. I don't have a comp rig but some capable scalers

Haulingram82 04-30-2015 07:59 AM

It's off river Rd in hiram at the dam. About in the middle between hiram and cornish.