Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Maine

Notices

Thread: Axial sponsored event at GLT on july 30th?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2016, 03:37 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Axial sponsored event at GLT on july 30th?

They have been keeping the details kinda sparse, but what I have managed to get them to tell me is that they are holding an Axial sponsored and run competition at Granite Leisure Time in Oakland on Saturday july 30th. Axial reps on site. Multiple runs with scoring and prizes. There is a bit of info on their Facebook page, but not a lot. We are planning on attending.
Hobbezco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2016, 05:39 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Axial sponsored event at GLT on july 30th?

That's odd. I would think they would want the word spread big time.

Sent from my Jitterbug
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:50 PM   #3

I live near the shop and it's a great complex, Shawn "Bearded Wonder" Barton will be attending and there should be a good turnout from the locals also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 09:33 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I'm not sure what the deal is with GLT and this event. I have been more than willing to spread the word and bring in as many as I could but, whenever I'm at the shop and ask about it, they always say that they don't have any more info that what they have already said on the Facebook page.

I really like going to GLT, the people and employees and superb, but pretty much all they have said for the last month is the date. It's less than 2 weeks away now, and we don't even know what time to show up!!
Old 07-18-2016, 02:35 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Old 07-19-2016, 03:42 AM   #6

Ill be there to rep the Rock Dogz.
Thunder 3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 11:42 AM   #7

Cool! Oh yeah it's on! I think they wanted to make sure that the Axial rep could make it since he literally just did Axial fest! Can't wait (thumbsup)

Old 07-20-2016, 03:42 AM   #8

Whats with the military theme?
Old 07-20-2016, 06:16 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

^ I talked to Shawn the last time he was at GLT, the take mouse traps and set them upside down and cover them lightly with dirt. To simulate hitting an IED with a truck. Anyone that looked in the back of his truck would have seen the 150+ mouse traps. The military events from what Shawn was saying raise money for a veterans RC group. The money goes to help veterans get parts or slightly loved rigs to get them outside and moving again and get their mind off the real world and maybe into something they can enjoy without the pains and residuals of war.
Levesque87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:44 AM   #10
RCC Addict

Is it bad that I really want to go mostly because I have a vaterra? lol I can't go, but if you guys do go, make sure to get some pictures and let us know how the flow of it was. And if it's more of a tough truck challenge or scale with gates and more technical. I love the idea of competing, but down want to blow a day waiting around for others to run and spend most of the day standing around. Too much ADD for that lol.
Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:20 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

The way it was when he was there the first time we all went at the same time. Had a blast. Just go it's better then mowing the lawn
Old 07-20-2016, 03:28 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itali83 View Post
Is it bad that I really want to go mostly because I have a vaterra? lol I can't go, but if you guys do go, make sure to get some pictures and let us know how the flow of it was. And if it's more of a tough truck challenge or scale with gates and more technical. I love the idea of competing, but down want to blow a day waiting around for others to run and spend most of the day standing around. Too much ADD for that lol.
Ben
The little lady and I will be there proudly running our Ascenders

Also, theres plenty to do there if there is downtime. An indoor and outdoor racetrack if you've got a racer and an indoor rock climbing setup too.
Old 07-20-2016, 08:10 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

I dont seen anywhere on the banner that it says its for axial trucks only. They would be a fool to limit it to just that. This isnt axial fest, this is an axial co sponsored event. Your 30 bucks is the same as everyone who owns an axial, or vaterra or Gmade.
Old 07-21-2016, 03:48 AM   #14

I dont know about that. If its an Axial event with Axial prizes it would only make sense that it would be Axial truck that would be competing for them.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:30 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

The only event I've seen like that is axial fest. I honestly can't tell you yes or no, but call them.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:16 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itali83 View Post

Ben

I called them and this event is open for everyone! That's what the RC community is all about right? No matter what you have you can still come and have a good time competing with the best around. The only rules are the class rules obviously like 2.2 tires etc etc. No limiting factors on what type or brand of RC you bring.

Old 07-24-2016, 02:44 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Im down for this! Got the Ford highboy ascender all dialed in. 5x's on the castle link is a p.i.a lol
Androtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:45 AM   #18

https://www.facebook.com/events/1596...285091/?ti=icl

That's the event page for the event and it's also post on GLT's page also its hosted by Expedition Rc and if there's any questions just message me through event page.. I'm sorry the details was late going up but I was a little busy with an event on the west coast. I'm in route to the northeast now and should up there working on the course wed-fri... Hope to all of y'all soon
Stink-Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:15 AM   #19

This is a Scale event so as long as your rig is 1:10 scale it's fine. You can run whichever vehicle you would like. I've got the event page up and running finally so once you read of the details and you have any question don't hesitate to ask you can pm me through Expeditons Page, my personal FB page, or Phoenix Design LEDs page but there will be 5 different courses that you will have to perform some task??? Could be resuppling a fort?? Sniper range??? Going behind enemy lines???? Who knows what I'll come up with but I've got 300 marker I can use with another 100 for the night course... Oh and did I mention I've brought back AxialFest 2016 swag to give away also like hats/shirts/patches/goodie bags... I will start registration at 7am sat and give out bags until they run out so get there early if you want a goodie bag... I'll go over everything during the drivers meeting also if there's any late questions and I'll go over the scoring cards and the penalties so everyone is one the same page. I'm going to do live feed from my personal page when I get there then switch over to expeditions live feed so if your not already friended me on FB or liked expedition page go ahead and do that so you can get some behind the scenes look at what I'm doing up there
Stink-Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:22 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink-Bait View Post
This is a Scale event so as long as your rig is 1:10 scale it's fine. You can run whichever vehicle you would like. I've got the event page up and running finally so once you read of the details and you have any question don't hesitate to ask you can pm me through Expeditons Page, my personal FB page, or Phoenix Design LEDs page but there will be 5 different courses that you will have to perform some task??? Could be resuppling a fort?? Sniper range??? Going behind enemy lines???? Who knows what I'll come up with but I've got 300 marker I can use with another 100 for the night course... Oh and did I mention I've brought back AxialFest 2016 swag to give away also like hats/shirts/patches/goodie bags... I will start registration at 7am sat and give out bags until they run out so get there early if you want a goodie bag... I'll go over everything during the drivers meeting also if there's any late questions and I'll go over the scoring cards and the penalties so everyone is one the same page. I'm going to do live feed from my personal page when I get there then switch over to expeditions live feed so if your not already friended me on FB or liked expedition page go ahead and do that so you can get some behind the scenes look at what I'm doing up there
Sounds like a good time, might be a long day, but Im sure it'll be worth it!
skybolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Axial sponsored event at GLT on july 30th? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tower backordered till July 30th.... derek1387 Axial SCX10 II 122 10-02-2016 12:28 PM
RC Swap Meet July 30th. The Crawl Space Colorado 2 07-25-2016 12:00 PM
Hill drag event July 30th grunt95 Minnesota 4 07-17-2016 02:32 PM
RC Fest 2013 – A CowRC Sponsored event – EVENT RECAP! Team CowRC Non Crawler RC's 0 08-15-2013 09:54 PM
PARC July 30th GTG kevinlongisland Arizona 40 07-31-2006 07:15 PM