Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Maine

Notices

Thread: Local comp this year?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2018, 06:50 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Local comp this year?

Figure I make a post to see if the guys on bookface have seen anything for a local comp like a year or two ago. I’m under a rock socially so I don’t hear of things. I’m going to try and get out a time or two just for fun with you guys but kind of want to do a “comp” this year too if there is one.

Ben
Itali83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2018, 03:22 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Local comp this year?

There was a few years ago at GLT in Oakland.
Androtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:35 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Right, I went to it two years ago. But it was advertised on bookface so I had to hear about it second hand. Just putting a feeler out to see if anyone has heard of one this year yet or keep an ear out for one.

Thanks.

Ben
Old 05-19-2018, 04:30 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

i know that last year it was in Norridgewock, something to do with GLT taking more of the $$ that was made at the 1st one than what was agreed on (rumors ive heard), made the Bearded wonder look for another place to do it. I haven't heard of anything for this year. I know GLT was sold and is moving to Norridgewock from Oakland. I had a great time at the 1st one. 2nd time was too far away for me. Ive been meaning to message him. Ide like to do something this year. But , with no place to do so. Kinda hard.
Androtaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 05:06 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Bob (the guy who bought GLT) had an event last year to see how it would go around his house. Shawn came up and brought 2 guys to help cut and build trails. Bob is opening GLT under RC Destination. He hopes to up and running on the 12th. Shawn and the other two are coming back this year. The date is currently unknown but it will happen after Axial Fest as usual. Frosty has been helping Bob and from my understanding is working for Bob now. Bob is a stand-up guy and loves to crawl. He will make RC Destination, and the trails and the track a great place to hang out and go to. Bobs wife also helps out with the shop and on last years event made food for people to buy. It was well worth the 3 or 4 bucks for lunch.
Levesque87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:42 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Did anything happen or happening this year? Wondering if any of the bookface guys have heard anything.

Ben
Old 09-29-2018, 03:42 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

The guy who owns GLT now renamed the place to RC Destination. Frosty has moved over as well to the new shop in Norridgewalk. Bob, the guy who owns RC Destination was planning on something this fall. His daughter is getting married right off and was putting everything else on hold until that was done. He does have a facebook page that seems pretty responsive on getting back. But nothing is in concrete as of today from what I know.
Levesque87 is offline   Reply With Quote

Local comp this year? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Local "comps" this year? Itali83 Maine 1 05-17-2017 03:44 PM
Next local sc comp? skerb South Carolina 6 01-22-2016 08:11 PM
My local scale comp InLowRange Scale Videos! 0 10-07-2011 01:58 PM
We need a local comp!! nightcrawler86 Louisiana 0 06-09-2009 04:29 PM
So-Cal Fall/Winter Comp series...AKA Half-o-Year Comp!! CreepyCrawler88 Competitions 86 09-25-2006 04:54 PM