Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Maryland

Notices

Thread: looking at a site in Rocks State Park tomorrow

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default looking at a site in Rocks State Park tomorrow

there's been a few threads for folks in Md, and in particular, around the Baltimore metro area. Rocks State Park in Harford County is accessable for almost everyone. I'm going to the arear where the old general store used to operate at the north end of the park and look for a good site.

I'd like some feedback about who might be interested in a friendly GTG just to have a chance to run our crawlers. I personally don't know the first thing about organizing a COMP, or even a RC club, but I do know that if someone organizes a GTG spot, folks will show up for a fun filled afternoon. I'm willing to do some leg work and put together a spot.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2008, 07:27 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

If you want Comp experience that is close to Rocks State Park the team SVSC is having a comp at Lock 12 right outside Delta PA (about 15 miles north of Rocks State Park) on the 13th of this month. This will be the last season I run with them due to the fact that I am now living in Aberdeen MD. I plan to organize a club for northern MD for next spring or maybe even as soon as late fall. I planned on using Rocks as the home base for the comps until we find a following and spread out. I can run with you and bring some others to Rocks SP maybe Sunday the 6th if the weather holds up. Let me know.
jrkilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

thanks for the reply jrkiburn. If the weather holds up, I'd be interested in meeting for a run. I don't know how 'comp worthy' my truck is, but I'm willing to try.

I'll check back later in the day. If it looks like you are going to go to RSP, we can organize a place and time to meet up at.

I've tried several times to contact different folks from the SVSC and I always have the e-mails returned 'undeliverable'. I can go to Delta and watch a comp, it would be fun.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

I hope you had fun today at Lock 12 with the SVSC crew BigSki . Your truck is very comp worthy inmy estimation. Now you have an idea of what to fine tune. If you need help let me know.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:52 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

thanks for the kind words. I had a blast today, I'm looking forward to meeting up with your crew again for another comp, or 'friendly' fun run day. I really need to get some batts on the front axle, that hurt me more than anything else today.

I enjoyed watching your rig crawl over everything that got in the way.
What is the name of the crawler shop that the one guy in group owns? I'd like to buy some parts from him.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:09 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

His name is Keith. His store is Scale Speed in Red Lion PA. Unfortunately his cannot continue his store so we are out of luck as of the end of july. His name on this site is 4stair if you have something specific that you want he may have it and give you a good deal. Otherwise there is Xtreme RC in Quarryville. You would have to order most of the crawling part from them as they do not stock much for us.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

thanks for the info. Keep in touch and let me know when the next time your group is going to do some crawling. I can make the trip to the state park outside of york.