Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Maryland

Notices

Thread: Need some help putting my Fj 40 together

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 05:23 PM   #1

Default Need some help putting my Fj 40 together

Hey Guys,

I am Completely new to the sport or RC cars and trucks, in fact I have never owned one before. While looking on Youtube, I saw some videos of some really cool, RC rock crawlers, and was instantly hooked. However, I think I have stepped in over my head. I bought the FJ 40 and everything I was told I needed to make it run. However the only thing it did not come with where the skills to put it together. Due to my Job, i am only here two days a week and don't know anyone around the Severn area that builds RC trucks. So if there is anyone near Severn MD that is willing to show me or guide me in the right direction building this kit that would be great. I have started it already, but I really don't have a clue what I am building or how it is suppost to work. So if anyone would be willing to over see, what i have done so far that would be great.

Thanks again!
Mark11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

I can help you out. I am unemployed so I have lots of free time. I live in western MD though 20 miles west of Hagerstown.
AlmstEvil665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I am in Havre de grace and have a love for building R/C, I have been doing this since I was 12 and at now age 36 it has been my hobby the whole time.

My advice to you is to maybe go buy a less complicated kit to build like a two wheel drive tamiya vehicle before going further with the FJ. There are lts of them to choose from like the mini's or a simple grashopper kit. You can use the electronics you already have to learn how to adjust all of it.

If you do want to keep going with what you have then I suggest a layout table that doesn't have to be put away until you are finished building. Follow the directions as you will find there are little details that are easy to miss. Read the whole manual first before you start to build and try to build the relationship of parts in your head. It will make sense as you get about half way through as to why they have you build the parts in the order of the book.

I have built this kit and it is alot for a first time builder. If you need specific help please feel free to PM me.
jrkilburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:18 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Hey man whats up? We have two guys in our club with that set up. Come on over to our local site there will plenty in put there as well as local get togethers http://mdrccrawlers.com/index.php?si...85866de7825839

Weclome to board.
Creepy Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 12:19 AM   #5

I'm off work also. In Elkridge Area, not far from you, willing to help. Back when I started in RC YEARS ago, there wasn't RTR anything so you had to built it ALL.
etc1006 is offline   Reply With Quote