RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Massachusetts (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/massachusetts/)
-   -   north shore area members? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/massachusetts/100442-north-shore-area-members.html)

aychdee 01-12-2008 09:28 PM

north shore area members?

Anyone from the N. Shore area, and if so, where do you crawl? Looking to get together with some people and crawl.

NEK5 01-15-2008 08:59 AM

I`m from the North Shore, Lynn actually. Where are you located? I`ve only been crawlin' once with NERCC at Purgatory Chasmn, but I`m looking forward to going more.

CeeBlock 01-17-2008 06:58 AM

I am also from the Northshore. I am new to Crawling, been in the R/C game for like 20 years, but not crawling. Im DEF down to meet some others and get some tips on good crawling!

NEK5 01-17-2008 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeeBlock (Post 1010845)
I am also from the Northshore. I am new to Crawling, been in the R/C game for like 20 years, but not crawling. Im DEF down to meet some others and get some tips on good crawling!

X2! Been into R/C since I was 10. I`m 18 now. Anyone know a good local place to go? What about Lynn Woods?

aychdee 01-18-2008 07:53 AM

South Peabody here. Never thought of Lynn woods, good one. I've been up to Cherry hill a couple of times (before the snow hit) across from Electric insurance there is a nice rock area ( can't remeber the name of the building)

NEK5 01-18-2008 10:57 AM

Have to check it out sometime. My AX10 is in pieces right now, but I`d definitely be down to get together. Thats pretty cool we got 3 guys within a 20 minute radius of eachother.

Lynn woods may be good. Maybe on the edge of the reservoirs in Lynn? Any other ideas?

c0astie31 01-18-2008 08:42 PM

from quincy area, i am willing to travel up for a meet, please let me know

NEK5 01-19-2008 07:03 AM

If you guys haven`t already, check out NERCC.net, we have GTGs once a month.

I`d still like to get together with you guys that are closer, just need to find a good spot. I`ll scout around, and see what I can find."thumbsup"

aychdee 01-19-2008 07:54 AM

I`d still like to get together with you guys that are closer, just need to find a good spot. I`ll scout around, and see what I can find."thumbsup"[/quote]
I'm on the NERCC forum, where are you from?

NEK5 01-19-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aychdee (Post 1013964)
I`d still like to get together with you guys that are closer, just need to find a good spot. I`ll scout around, and see what I can find."thumbsup"

I'm on the NERCC forum, where are you from?[/quote]I`m over in Lynn.

CeeBlock 01-19-2008 04:04 PM

yeah yeah.. Im def up to meet up with you all. maybe the next nice day we have and its not all crappy and snowy we can get out and do some crawling...... climbing my couch is getting old. lol...

patrick_b 01-19-2008 07:34 PM

I live in Newburyport and have crawled in Gloucester a few times now. Search google maps for Stage Fort park.

http://fototime.com/%7BB3ECE047-5F9C...7D/picture.JPG

NEK5 01-20-2008 05:22 AM

Is it just that big rock there? We should definitely get together with the few local guys and do some crawling"thumbsup"

NEK5 01-20-2008 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeeBlock (Post 1014550)
yeah yeah.. Im def up to meet up with you all. maybe the next nice day we have and its not all crappy and snowy we can get out and do some crawling...... climbing my couch is getting old. lol...

I here ya. I even put a small rock pile in my basement, and its gotten old as well:mrgreen: Know any places in Salem?

patrick_b 01-21-2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEK5 (Post 1015272)
Is it just that big rock there? We should definitely get together with the few local guys and do some crawling"thumbsup"

No it's much more than a big rock :) Take a look at the sat images at google maps.

kona_joe 01-21-2008 08:19 AM

We had a club crawl there last July
Pics from that crawl "thumbsup"

http://www.nercc.net/images/stagefortprk1.jpg

http://www.nercc.net/images/stagefortprk2.jpg

CeeBlock 01-21-2008 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEK5 (Post 1015273)
I here ya. I even put a small rock pile in my basement, and its gotten old as well:mrgreen: Know any places in Salem?

I dont, Im going to go scouting as soon as i get some free time, there has to be some place.....im thinking their may be some good rocks down by salem willows...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrick_b (Post 1016795)
No it's much more than a big rock :) Take a look at the sat images at google maps.

Ive been to State Forge, and its great over there..... one of the first places i thought of going when i built my truck.... TONS of stuff rocks trees etc to climb.......

aychdee 01-21-2008 03:41 PM

I'm in Peabody, Grew up in Salem and I think Winter Island has a bunch of places in the camping area?!?!?! I never even thought of Gloucester. May have to take a trip up there this weekend (if it's above freezing!!!!) Depending on the time of year, in Rockport My wife's family used to have a place on Long Beach and there was a rock beach across the water inlet....... Can't think of the name of it, but I will take a look there this weekend too!!! :D

P.S. Stage Fort looks freakin' sweet!!

aychdee 01-21-2008 10:18 PM

If the weather cooperates, anyone interested in meeting up this Sunday for an hour or 2?????? Could meet at the Dunks in downtown Gloucester around noon.

NEK5 01-22-2008 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aychdee (Post 1018243)
If the weather cooperates, anyone interested in meeting up this Sunday for an hour or 2?????? Could meet at the Dunks in downtown Gloucester around noon.

I may be interested. I`m supposed to be going to a Christmas party (yeah, i know, its the end of January:mrgreen:) later in the day.

This all depends if I get my AX10 back together though:mrgreen: I still need to waterproof my servo and rx, then solder some plugs, then decide if I want to split my stick packs up just yet...or wait until I can order saddle packs.