Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Massachusetts

Notices

Thread: Boston Crawlers: Nationals Qualifier and Outdoor Series Schedule

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Boston Crawlers: Nationals Qualifier and Outdoor Series Schedule

Hey Guys,

Hope the winter has been going well. Just finished up the schedule for this outdoor season. You can find the dates below. We are scouting out some new locations so we will announce where each of these comps will be at a later time.

We all know that you are missing crawling so we are starting up the season Early. How's March sound? Bring your coats, though with this weather it will probably be 50.

The first 5 events will be Our Nationals Qualifier in addition to counting to the outdoor series points. Out of these 5 events we will take each drivers best 4 scores to calculate their position in the Qualifier. The outdoor series has 8 events and out of those 7 will count towards your total series points.

March - 31st - Purgatory Chasm (Sutton, MA) - Nationals/Outdoor season Opener
April - 14th - Wilson Mountain (Dedham, MA)
April - 28th - Worlds End Park (Hingham, MA)
May - 12th - Oakdale Park (Melrose, MA)
June - 9th - Halibut Point (Rockport, MA) - Nationals Finals
July - 21st - Breakheart Res. (Wakefield, MA)
August - 11th - Hammond Pond (Newton, MA)
Sept - 15th - Chandler Hovey (Marblehead, MA) - Outdoor Series Finally
October - 13th - Location TBD - King of the Hammers

All of these events will include both Pro and Sportsman class competitions. All events will consist of 3 courses (unless mother nature forces us out).
Registration will Begin at 10:00am and the competition will begin at 10:30

April - June are pretty busy but we need to have 5 events before July 1 for the nationals qualifier (piece of cake if you live in California, not so much in New England). Between Boston Crawlers and the ECRC guys, there will be a 2.2 comp just about every weekend this summer so that should keep you all busy.

Hope to see you all there,

Last edited by BC-Brian; 09-04-2012 at 11:14 AM.
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2012, 07:55 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Boston Crawlers: Nationals Qualifier and Outdoor Series Schedule

been waiting to see a schedule. hope to make it out to more comps this year.
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:02 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Hey Jeb,

Looking forward to hanging with you again. We have been hitting up some of the Indoor CT events over the winter. There is another one coming up next sunday (9 days) that we are hoping to get to if you are interested.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brid96 View Post
Hey Jeb,

Looking forward to hanging with you again. We have been hitting up some of the Indoor CT events over the winter. There is another one coming up next sunday (9 days) that we are hoping to get to if you are interested.
is there time and location info for next sunday? it doesn't look likely but in case my plans change i might make the trip down.
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #5

In the past where have the events been located? Do they usually happen at the same places each year and are any close to Wilmington mass? I'm building a custom scale crawlers from scratch I want to use. I'm just worried it might be to big to be competitive. It's a topic body with wheelyking axles.
repoman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:05 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Hey Jeb,

Check out this page for details on the CT comp.

Repo,

We run all over Massachusetts. Last year they were in places like; Quincy, Marblehead, Rockport, Newton, Malden, etc.

Our comp's are focused on 2.2 competition, we do some other events that are not part of our outdoor points series, or the Nationals Qualifier where we do scaler, and just about anything you can image for an offroad race. If you want to come check out the 2.2 action you are more than welcome.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:34 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Some additional info that I left out on the first post.

Our outdoor series will consist of a Pro Class (who will be competing in the nationals qualifier) as well as a sportsman class. The sportsman class is for people new to the hobby, or for those that do not want to compete at the pro level (for one reason or another).

Regulations for the Sportsman class are that the truck must meet USRCCA regulations and the truck cannot have dig. Most of the ready to run crawlers fit in this category, Axial AX-10, Losi Night Crawler, etc.

Also for those new to Boston Crawlers, the events posted are all 2.2 class competitions. Those of you with scalers, it would be great to see you guys if you want to bash around at one of the comps but we don't have anything structured for you.

For anyone who hasn't participated in a comp before we welcome you to come by and check it out. We have a great group of guys and our events are first class but we don't take ourselves to seriously either.

See you in March,
Old 02-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #8
Nobody

Will the event locations be posted in here? Never comp'd before but hoping to make some events.
Cordwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Hey Cordwood,

We are scouting out some new rock now. We are hoping to find one more good one, trying to find some locations we have not used before. The Locations will be posted here and on our forum soon.

Check back,
Old 02-29-2012, 01:44 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

You guys should check out profile rock in the freetown state forest. there is parking and its a very short walk to the crawling spots. Good steep stuff too
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Hey JC,

I was scoping out Bing Maps yesterday after you guys had mentioned it. Maybe there is to much tree cover but I could not see much. You have any pictures? or perhaps you can show me on the map (send coordinates).

Thanks Man,
Old 02-29-2012, 11:16 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Yeah the trees are pretty thick there prob cant see much on there. I will try to get some video for you. the trees make some nice shade for hot days though
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:19 AM   #13
RCC Addict

I was hoping to go scope it out Saturday but looks like that Ain't gonna happen.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Regulations for the Sportsman class are that the truck must meet USRCCA regulations and the truck cannot have dig. Most of the ready to run crawlers fit in this category, Axial AX-10, Losi Night Crawler, etc.

Im switching classes
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:54 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Hey Brian, let me know if you are going to Freetown state forest, I am not far from there and would meet up with you.
RICrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #16
RCC Addict

@Robbob

Ohh yea, you gonna dig out your old Losi and kill the dig in it

@RICrawler

Don't think it is going to happen this week, shitty weather on Saturday and snow cover to boot. We still have a few spots to check out and I want to see Beavertail as well.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #17
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
@Robbob

Ohh yea, you gonna dig out your old Losi and kill the dig in it

Nope

Beginning to an end for that trophy winner. Pulled the D3 and RS out for my touring car.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:58 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

@RICrawler

Don't think it is going to happen this week, shitty weather on Saturday and snow cover to boot. We still have a few spots to check out and I want to see Beavertail as well.[/QUOTE]

I'd head to Beavertail with ya, there is also another really great spot that's only just a couple of miles away from there that is worth checking out. You should also check out the spot I went to practice the other day in Little Compton RI, it is absolutely awesome! It would definitely be worth the trip, let me know if you want to come down to my neck of the woods anytime.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

got any pics of Little Compton RI? I used to compete mountain bike trials in Gloucester and Arcadia. You familiar with those spots?

-Brendan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICrawler View Post
@RICrawler

Don't think it is going to happen this week, shitty weather on Saturday and snow cover to boot. We still have a few spots to check out and I want to see Beavertail as well.
I'd head to Beavertail with ya, there is also another really great spot that's only just a couple of miles away from there that is worth checking out. You should also check out the spot I went to practice the other day in Little Compton RI, it is absolutely awesome! It would definitely be worth the trip, let me know if you want to come down to my neck of the woods anytime.[/QUOTE]
Der Kampfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:03 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Hey Brendan, I don't have any pics but I found a few online, check them out!
Fine Art Paintings and Prints: Eleven Figures, Little Compton, RI.
Fine Art Paintings and Prints: Equilibrium, Warren's Point Beach, Little Compton,
http://luminousimpressions.com/ShowI...p?gm=0&ID=1273
http://luminousimpressions.com/ShowI...p?gm=0&ID=1059
Pics don't do it justice, but the terrain and rock surface varies so much, and tons of great features, it was awesome to crawl there. It was the first time that I had been up there to do any crawling, and I will most definitely be going back, It would be awesome to take you guys down there any time!

Last edited by RICrawler; 03-03-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Boston Crawlers: Nationals Qualifier and Outdoor Series Schedule - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 Summer Series / Nationals Invites Qualifier BC-Brian Massachusetts 3 06-06-2011 12:29 PM
Boston Crawlers Nationals Qualifier 2011 BC-Brian Competition Results 3 06-06-2011 11:56 AM
Boston Crawlers Summer Series 2011 BC-Brian Competition Results 2 06-01-2011 11:45 AM
Boston Crawlers Winter Series Event #2 Results BC-Brian Competition Results 0 01-31-2011 10:22 AM
Boston Crawlers Winter Series Event #1 Results BC-Brian Competition Results 0 01-12-2011 11:59 AM