Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Massachusetts

Notices

Thread: Boston Crawlers Presents - King of the Crawlers, Hammond Pond, October 13th

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Boston Crawlers Presents - King of the Crawlers, Hammond Pond, October 13th

Boston Crawlers will be hosting our Boston’s King of the Crawlers 2012 ultra4 style race October 13th.

This is a rock race designed around the legendary King of the Hammers ultra4 race. It will be held at Hammond Pond park, in Newton MA. Registration will begin at 10:00 with the race beginning at 10:30.

This event is open to all competitors, scale, 2.2, and misc. Past events have had included rigs from 1.9 scalers, wraiths, MOA’s, to custom one-off rock race machines. Just be sure your rig complies with the regulations, and most importantly have fun with it.

The race is a point to point sprint, with checkpoints, but no gates. Drivers will be timed, and the fastest rig takes the cake.

The rules are posted below but the highlights are:

- This is an unlimited event. Wheeled vehicles with a track width no greater than 16"
- Terrain will be varied, over grass, gravel, dirt and rocky terrain.
- Vehicles should be capable of crawling. A 1.9 scaler can make it through this course but it is highly
- recommended that you rig be on 2.2’s or larger.

This is a Free event! no entry fee or parking fee required.
Prizes will be given out to the top 3 drivers, 1st place is an AXIAL XR-10!!!!! (lowest time). We will also have a bunch of door prizes for all the drivers. Many thanks to all our sponsors: Castle Creations, Axial and Horizon Hobby.

The location and course map for this event are posted below. We encourage all interested in racing to visit the area beforehand and walk, or drive the course. This will give you a better sense of direction on the day of the event. No pre-running will be allowed the day of the event, but the course will be open for participants to walk before registration.

See you on Race Day!

OFFICIAL RULES!

BC’s King of the Crawlers 2012:

Vehicle specifications:

Maximum of 16" track width
No gas or nitro power. Electric only
Must be wheel/tire powered. No tank treads, robot legs, hovercraft, etc.
Any suspension, chassis,body, drivetrain, wheel/tire combo can be used.
Any driver using a non spread spectrum radio/receiver has to list their frequency when registering.

Must follow vehicle via foot. No bicycles, 4 wheelers, helicopters, etc.
All on course technical support has to be done by the driver. No repair teams on course.
All repairs must be completed by the driver on course i.e. no returning to starting pit.
On course, drivers are not allowed to climb or jump from any object higher than waist level. (Vehicles
are unlimited).

Course layout:

.3 mile point to point race. Terrain varies from loose dirt/gravel to novice level 2.2 comp crawling terrain.
2 Drivers will leave side by side in 30 second intervals and will all be racing on the course at the same time.
If a driver is not in the starting grid for his/her starting time they will be moved to the end of the order and receive a 30 second time penalty.
Drivers must go through all the checkpoints in the intended order or they will receive a DNF.
The winner is determined by the fastest completion of the course with all checkpoints.

Driving rules:

This is purely based on time unlike a 2.2 crawler competition.
The driver must follow his/her vehicle throughout the course.
Reversing does not accrue any points or penalties.
If a truck flips and can not right itself, a 2.2 competition style roll over can be administered by the driver.
If a truck becomes stuck and can not right itself or be flipped, a vehicle touch can be administered but
must be placed in such a way that no forward progress is made. Example: if a truck becomes wedged between a rock, the driver can remove and place back on the course as long as it has not made forward progress.
Drivers seen placing their tuck ahead, or otherwise making forward progress via a touch will receive a DNF.

With all drivers/vehicles on course vehicle to vehicle contact is allowed/expected (see list of examples).
Any malicious vehicle to vehicle contact or driver to driver contact will receive a DNF (See list of examples).
Any contact of the driver and or vehicle to a spectator or any person who is not racing will receive a DNF(See list of examples).

Contact examples:

Normal racing bumping/rubbing is allowed. Example: side of the vehicle to side of the vehicle, light front to back contact.
Bumping of a slower vehicle by a faster vehicle is allowed if slower vehicle does not yield to the faster vehicle aka "nerfing".
Driving over a stuck vehicle is allowed.

Malicious bumping/ramming of a vehicle to veer a vehicle off course is not allowed and DNF will occur.
Example: T-boning another vehicle so it flips or crashes or forcing a vehicle off course.

Intentionally contacting another driver is a DNF. Example: Shoving another driver out of the way.

Contacting any driver or anyone else on course is acceptable for aiding/safety purposes. Example: if someone is falling/slipping.
Any contact to spectators and other people on course for anything other than aid is a DNF. This rule is in place because the course will be open to the public while it is run. We do not want any contact of vehicles or drivers to hikers or innocent bystanders.

This event is Rain or Shine (with the exception of Extreme weather) please plan and dress accordingly.

It may seem like a lot of rules but they are all here to ensure everyone has a fun and safe time.

Please post any questions.
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Boston Crawlers Presents - King of the Crawlers, Hammond Pond, October 13th

Just In Case people needed another reason to be pumped about this event.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:55 PM   #3

Default Re: Boston Crawlers Presents - King of the Crawlers, Hammond Pond, October 13th

Ill be coming with my Clod Axle Crawler!!!
Powerram426hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I'll be there for sure! I'll be waiting at the finish line for the rest of you again this year, hopefully on my feet this time instead of on my back gasping for air like a fish out of water!
RICrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I still have to figure out what I am going to run. The Crazzy contraption, or the 2.2 Crawler.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:13 AM   #6
Custom Carbon Fiber

Just noticed the date ...... definately cant, its my anniversary
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #7

It turns out that we are no longer going on vacation that week, so I will be there.
BillJR2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
RCC Addict

Rob,

Give her a truck and tell her to come celebrate with you...... No???
Old 09-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Brian View Post
Rob,

Give her a truck and tell her to come celebrate with you...... No???

lmao ..... I tried to get her to drive sunday.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:18 AM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICrawler View Post
I'll be there for sure! I'll be waiting at the finish line for the rest of you again this year, hopefully on my feet this time instead of on my back gasping for air like a fish out of water!
..pretty sure I was hanging out for a bit before you got there
Der Kampfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
RCC Addict

A couple of people have asked me If I would do a run through of the course prior to the day of. I am thinking about going by there on Sunday. Would anyone want to join me and would you prefer to go in the morning or in the late afternoon?
Old 09-27-2012, 07:12 PM   #12

Whatever time works best for you, I will be there.
BillJR2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:31 PM   #13
RCC Addict

So think i am going to head over there for 9:30 am. Anyone who wants to come shoot me a PM and I can give you directinos if you need them and my cell phone number.

Please send the PM so I know to look for you if you are going to come.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #14

Im coming from Westfield Mass... Whats the best way to get there the Mass Pike? Can someone get directions posted please
Powerram426hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #15
RCC Addict

You still got some time, the event is next saturday, the 13th. We will be posting detailed directions but you will take mass pike to 95s to route 9 east.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Directions to King of the Crawlers 2012

Hey Guys,

Here are directions on where to go for this event and where to park.

Parking is a short walk away at the Chestnut Hill Mall, at 300 Hammond Pond Parkway, Brookline, Ma. There is a small trail through the woods to the north, and the entrance to the park is on the north side of the Temple (see map). As you walk into the park there is a large rock face with graffiti on it, keep that on your right and continue to walk into the woods. At the bottom of the hill you will see a table set up at the starting line.

Registration will begin at 10:00 and and the event will begin at 11:00.

The course will be open to walking (not pre-running) until 10:45.

Hope to see you all there, let me know if you have any questions.

Old 10-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #17
RCC Addict

A special thanks to Castle Creations. Got a care package from them today with 5 BEC's and some T-Shirts for our King of the Crawlers event. Rumor has it that a few Sidewinder Micro's are headed this way, hopefully in time for the event.

Woot!

Old 10-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

right now i believe i'm in. trying to decide if my son could tag along. do you think a 6 yr running my sporty could complete the course?
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #19
RCC Addict

I think he could do it in a sporty. If it is his first time driving it he may have a little difficulty. We could set you guys up to run towards the end and you could leave the gate together.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Brian View Post
I think he could do it in a sporty. If it is his first time driving it he may have a little difficulty. We could set you guys up to run towards the end and you could leave the gate together.
not a bad idea. he can handle his mini crawler and he is a trigger happy maniac with my honcho!
jebster is offline   Reply With Quote

Boston Crawlers Presents - King of the Crawlers, Hammond Pond, October 13th - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boston Crawlers - Hammond Pond - August 11th - NETC #2 BC-Brian Massachusetts 35 08-30-2012 01:54 PM
Boston Crawlers Presents: Heartbreak Hammers 2011, Wakefield, MA. October 22nd BC-Brian Massachusetts 36 10-28-2011 06:10 PM
Boston Crawlers king of the Hammers Rig Der Kampfer Venom Creeper 10 10-07-2010 08:30 AM
Summer Series #5, Hammond Pond Park, September 19th BC-Brian Massachusetts 3 09-23-2010 01:59 PM