Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Northeast > Massachusetts

Notices

Thread: Boston Crawlers - Event #1 - April 11th 2015

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2015, 08:03 PM   #61

Default Re: Boston Crawlers - Event #1 - April 11th 2015

Hope I'm not the only one with 1.9s any other scx10s?
walking Wounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2015, 09:51 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

I'm bringing at least one scx based rig, prob 2 if I get a body mounted tonight. That and my 2.2p and a class 3 rig too. Never know what's gonna break down lol.
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 11:56 PM   #63
RCC Addict

Bringing 2.2P, 2.2 shafty, loaner 2.2 shafty, and super

And all the gates, and the bridge, and the rest of the stuff. I'll be the guy that looks like a pack mule.
BC-Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:22 AM   #64
Rock Crawler

6:20 my four year wakes up and says she wants to stay home

foolishly I encourage her to go to the comp, she looks like she's gonna cry
crawlinghulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 05:22 AM   #65
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlinghulls View Post
6:20 my four year wakes up and says she wants to stay home

foolishly I encourage her to go to the comp, she looks like she's gonna cry
I know how that is man. My girls are staying home today but I bring them quite a bit. They are 4 and 7 and both have rigs. Its fun but tough too. One day they are excited about going the next day they want nothing to do with it :/
Old 04-11-2015, 12:57 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

I had a great time with you guys today! Sorry I had to cut it short, maybe next time I can stay till the end.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:54 PM   #67
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for bringing the loaner rig, Orin and I had a great time! Stopped by R/C cars of Boston afterwards and told them about the series, think they are excited to come out and compete!
JBcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 04:37 PM   #68
Pebble Pounder

Some shots from today, thought I left my camera in the Jeep so was using my phone, came out okay!

Old 04-12-2015, 11:41 AM   #69
RCC Addict

Thanks to everyone who came out and made it a great first day of the season on the rocks. It was great to see some new faces mixed in among the regulars. Thanks for posting up some pictures JB. I will get the scores and a race report posted up soon.
Old 04-12-2015, 11:52 AM   #70
Rock Stacker

hope to make it next time
duellym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 06:44 PM   #71

Really wanted to make it but couldn't get anyone to watch my baby.
You guys eve go to Wrights tower area?
When and where is the next one? Just got my mattzilla truggy chassis today and have it about 75% complete. Have some clearancing to do on it and the little guy is asleep so I can't dremel.
walking Wounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:32 AM   #72
RCC Addict

So... my sheet with new peoples names on it got lost and I can't remember everyone. If it was your first time coming to the comp (or you brought a friend for their first time and you know there name :p )can you please post a message here with your name or PM me.

Thanks, Hope to see some of you at the next event.

Now for scores and such.

This was a great first event for Boston Crawlers. We Went in expecting to set 3 Pro courses and wound up making 5 for one reason or another. Bob F was first on course and showed us all what it is like to not get rusty over the winter, a perfect -30 ensured that no one would be getting a leg up on him after course 1. Dan, Brian, and Brendan were all right behind him with a -30, -29, and -28 respectively. Stephen refused to get left to far behind and showed us what his tweaked RCP progress could do with a -15.

Bob was lucky enough to get to go first on course 2 as well (due to his great performance on course 1) and kept his leading momentum going with a -18, which would hold up as the best run on that course as well. Brian followed close behind finishing with a -9 and over a minute on the clock, that last bonus gate was so tempting but he didn't have the stones to go for it. Dan and Brendan rounded out the top 4 on that course with a -8 and +2 respectively.

Since Bob managed to keep up his course winning skills he got to go first yet again. This may be the first time someone has started all three courses, it is usually self correcting :p With the possibility of a three way tie for first between Bob, Brian and Dan, the pressure was on for Bob's final run. Anything better than a -20 and he had it clenched. The clock starts and Bob quickly makes his way through the first gate, directly afterwards he sees the first bonus, knowing that he needs the -20 or better he starts to climb it and pulls it effortlessly. He continues on to clean gate after gate and then he finds gate 8. A steep off camber decent and a a bad bounce pushes his right rear into the gate, +10 there goes that clench, gotta keep going. If he cleans everything else including the second bonus he forces his challengers to perfectly clean the course, and that is exactly what he does.

Brian and Dan have some work to do, the challenge has been set. Brian does his thing, takes his time and manages to pull it off, a -30, "Start building the crawl-off course" someone shouts. Dan steps up the gate and starts his run. Everything is looking like it is going to be a three way crawl-off, he worked his way through gate 8 and had the tire up and over for the last bonus when all of a sudden the rig start to slip off the line and down towards gate 9 lurking below. It slides more, and it's now hopeless, it is going down, will it hit the gate below......yup Dan is out of the crawloff, but pulls himself together, goes back for that bonus gate, and finishes with a -20, enough to put him in third for the day.

The Crawl-Off!

As these things typically go the course builders set some Brutal gates, 4 of them to be exact to be done in 3 minutes. Brian got to go first because he got the lowest score on the previous course... Yay! He starts his run and has to assume that his competitor is going to finish this course. He struggles with gate 1 and the truck slides to the right and takes the gate, straddle progress. He struggles with gate 2 and the truck slides to the left, straddle progress... 30 seconds remaining WHAT! As he hurries towards gate three everyone realizes that it ain't gonna happen, including the driver. Score +36, ouch.

All Bob needs to do is rush through the first two gates with straddles and spend all his time working gate 3 for a win. As he starts to do this the hecklers... well let's be honest it was just Brian, coerce him into not being a wuss and straddle through. Bob shows him whats up and cleans the first gate, what up now. He gets through gate 2 and then spends a solid minute working gate three, plenty of time to make it happen. Bob Wins!.

Also I want to take a minute to thank Castle Creations and COW RC for their support of our series. Their prize support has started to come in and the goods look great. I will get a picture of everything once the last package shows up. I let everyone know at this first event that we are going to be having some exciting awards at the end of the Nationals Qualifier (comp #5 in June). Cow RC has provided us with some very nice custom printed 12"x30" Pro-Mag Screw Catcher Hybrid Mats. There will be 5 of these that will be all different and we will be revealing a new category at each event. The first award category unveiled is "The Comeback Kid", this will be awarded to a driver that managed to brush off the dirt, pick themselves up, and perform well in the comp after completely grenading a course. Here is a photo to get you drooling (remember these are huge, 30" wide).

Scores for the First Event.

Last edited by BC-Brian; 04-19-2015 at 09:01 AM.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:32 PM   #73
Pebble Pounder

Hey, new guy #2 here! Name is Jarrod B, nephews name is Orin B. Thanks again for letting us run, had a great time! See y'all at Rafes!

Boston Crawlers - Event #1 - April 11th 2015 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boston Crawlers - Event #2 - April 19th BC-Brian Competition Results 0 04-28-2014 04:54 PM
Boston Crawlers - Event #2 - April 19th BC-Brian Massachusetts 28 04-28-2014 04:37 PM
Boston Crawlers - Event #1 - April 5th BC-Brian Massachusetts 43 04-08-2014 09:35 AM
Boston Crawlers - Event #1 - April 5th 2014 BC-Brian Maine 0 03-13-2014 08:09 PM
Boston Crawlers - Event #1 - April 5th 2014 BC-Brian Connecticut 0 03-13-2014 08:07 PM