Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Max Speed Technology CFX

Notices

Thread: Mst cfx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2017, 12:05 AM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Mst cfx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberk View Post
Ok, and the engine supports it? Could not be burned by the voltage?

I ask the question because I have that same ESC but I use it with Nicd battery of 7.2v, I have several 2S and 3S Lipo batteries that I use in drones but for fear of burning the engine I do not use them.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Yes, the motor is rated for 3s. It's good practice to gear it down it you run a 3s pack. I used a 17t pinion, that's the lowest you can go with this kit. It has more torque than it needs and great wheel speed, without being too fast.
mhowzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2017, 12:12 AM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman5280 View Post
Great looking rig, I like the tire and wheel combo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you. And thank you for answering all my questions. I'm still trying to find out what the offset is on those Boom Racing Yota classic wheels. I still think that they would look great on this.
Old 06-27-2017, 12:16 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Nice work. You'll like the CFX-W kit.

I'm looking forward to it.

Do you ever go out to the Mojave for any trail runs? I went to the Pro-Line event in Apple Valley. I really want to go back. Although summer is kind of the off season around here and in the Mojave.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:25 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Update:

She's holding up well. Around 5 hours of run time and no problems. I'm still really happy with it. A MST CFX-W build is in the works!

Here's a Video of the little CFX in action!
Old 09-30-2017, 07:44 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

Just a few changes for the little CFX. I swapped out the RC4WD Mud Pluggers for a set of Pit Bull PBX's. Really like these tires, so much better! I also put a Yeah Racing stinger bumper, for a SCX10, on it. The stock bumper for the LC40 body just stuck out too far.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:21 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Just ordered one of these little kits, looks like I made a good choice!
Old n ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:03 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old n ratty View Post
Just ordered one of these little kits, looks like I made a good choice!
How is it working out for you?
Old 01-22-2018, 03:40 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

This makes me want to chuck my CC-01 Chassis in the Bin!!! I may get a lot of use out of my Dremel, but I'd like to make 1.5's fit. It's such a short wheelbase...
My OVER modified CC-01 Landfreeder is on 1.9's now, and I never completely liked the look.
Although I've FINALLY got the SLOP out of that horrible front end, it's just too light and too stiff! I'd keep the Chassis.... In case those become undeserved "Classics" too, but as a runner, it's a polished Turd!! :LMAO: I guess I could even make my first one the lower cost CMX, since the Holiday Buggy Interior Plate I've installed, is pretty much permanent. I'd even be fine with the Axle mounted Servo - looks fine on yours! :-)
Besides, I'm an Old, Disabled Fart, and will probably NEVER see a SORRCA Competition - Except as a spectator!! I guess I'll see if another Miracle can happen, after I get my new Wraith built and beating up the Rocks of Tucson!!
Yours really looks great out on the Rocks!
PoorManRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:47 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorManRC View Post
This makes me want to chuck my CC-01 Chassis in the Bin!!! I may get a lot of use out of my Dremel, but I'd like to make 1.5's fit. It's such a short wheelbase...
My OVER modified CC-01 Landfreeder is on 1.9's now, and I never completely liked the look.
Although I've FINALLY got the SLOP out of that horrible front end, it's just too light and too stiff! I'd keep the Chassis.... In case those become undeserved "Classics" too, but as a runner, it's a polished Turd!! :LMAO: I guess I could even make my first one the lower cost CMX, since the Holiday Buggy Interior Plate I've installed, is pretty much permanent. I'd even be fine with the Axle mounted Servo - looks fine on yours! :-)
Besides, I'm an Old, Disabled Fart, and will probably NEVER see a SORRCA Competition - Except as a spectator!! I guess I'll see if another Miracle can happen, after I get my new Wraith built and beating up the Rocks of Tucson!!
Yours really looks great out on the Rocks!
Thank you! It really is a good little kit. Amain has them on clearance right now for only $232.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:16 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

AsiaTees has just the chassis with Hobywing 1080 for $242
MAGNUMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 09:16 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhowzit View Post
Thank you! It really is a good little kit. Amain has them on clearance right now for only $232.
The CFX kits are $139 until tomorrow using $15 coupon code MAR1518 at Amain. They also have the older CMX RTRs on sale for $171 with coupon.

UPDATE: CFX sold out except for the more expensive $230 (after $10 off coupon APR101 Bronco kit; CMX RTR still available for $176.

Last edited by StomperCrawler; 04-01-2018 at 03:04 AM.
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:06 AM   #52
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
The CFX kits are $139 until tomorrow using $15
I couldn't pass that deal up. Ended up buying 2 more!

Mst cfx - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Project with MST CFX-W Cyberk Max Speed Technology CFX 8 03-22-2017 04:16 PM
Mst cfx-w nerdtek Max Speed Technology CFX 0 02-24-2017 08:01 PM
mst cfx-w axles available hotwheels000 Max Speed Technology CFX 3 01-27-2017 09:27 PM
Mst cfx-w Rcdood Chit Chat 50 01-11-2017 07:55 AM
has any one seen the new mst cfx w rig steven318is Newbie General 10 12-08-2016 10:15 AM