Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Max Speed Technology CFX

Notices

Thread: Mst cfx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2017, 02:28 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Mst cfx

I just ordered one of these. Who has one and what can you tell me about it? Any tips on the build, must have upgrades?

Thank You
mhowzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2017, 03:48 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Mst cfx

Hi, you buy the CFX or CFX-W version?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Cyberk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 06:17 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

'm about to start a project with a cfx-w, I'm waiting for the pieces to arrive. But of everything I have read in other forums, stock walks very well, I think that so to say the only more important and that would really do at the beginning is the bearings.

The other upgrade I think is going to suit everyone, and the use that the climber will take.

These could be the initial upgrades in case your chassis is CFX 1/10 :

[B]Bearings: (Those that come with the kit are very basic and in the short time have to be changed) [/ B]
Boom Racing #CFXBBZ High Performance Full Ball Bearings Set Rubber Sealed (27 Total) for MST 1/10 CFX

[B]
Drive Shaft Central: (The original of the Kit is quite strong ABS plastic, but there is an option in Steel) [/ B]
MST CFX Steel drive shaft [210570]

The Driveshats Front and Rear: (The originals of the Kit is quite strong ABS plastic, but there is an option in Steel.) And will depend on the wheelbase.

Here is a table of relationship between the Driveshats and the wheelbase to adjust the body that you are going to use:

At Servo level it is best to use on or equal to 20Kg and water resistant. One of the most used and economical is the Savox SW-0231MG with Servo Horn Aluminum.

I hope that can help you a bit in your project. And I'll be watching the thread to see your progress.

Last edited by Cyberk; 05-11-2017 at 06:23 AM.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:21 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberk View Post
Hi, you buy the CFX or CFX-W version?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
I bought the CFX kit. I'll probably end up getting the -W at some point, though. I also ordered some fast Eddy bearings to go in it.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:27 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

In some cases the bearings do not come with lubricant, and you have to buy additional.

You have to check the ones you bought.

Note : In my case, I buy it extra -> Yeah Racing High Speed Bearing Oil / Lube # YA-0215.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:39 AM   #6
I joined the Band!

Default Mst cfx

I bought one CFX and two CMX and I'm building them simultaneously.

The CFX

Barbie hits the rocks....

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...8&share_type=t

The only upgrade I did initially is Fast Eddy bearings and the mistake I made was using the wrong pinion, I used a pinion I had lying around and it was super loud and then I was reading on here that it uses an M06 pinion so I ordered those.

Mine is very top heavy, but that's because of the particular body I used.

I built a CMX Bronco for one of my kids and it's mostly stock and I really like it.

My other kid is getting a CMX with a front motor conversion and a Land Rover hard body, but I'm waiting on parts so I haven't started a build thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spaceman5280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:46 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Cool, thank you.

I have a 17t M06, 19t & 23T, from various Tamiya cars. I'm probably going to start with the 17T.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:47 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

CFX.."F"= forward mounted motor which would work better with scale bodies with interiors.
willygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:51 PM   #9
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhowzit View Post
Cool, thank you.

I have a 17t M06, 19t & 23T, from various Tamiya cars. I'm probably going to start with the 17T.

Good call, I'll check my kid's TT02 spare parts bin for a pinion I can steal

Old 05-12-2017, 06:56 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman5280 View Post
Good call, I'll check my kid's TT02 spare parts bin for a pinion I can steal

What is the OD of the tires you run on yours? Mine just came yesterday. When I got home from work this morning I just had to open the boxes and have a look. I'm used to the 1.9's and 2.2 on my Axial's, man those tires are small. I ordered a set of the Axial 1.55 BFG Crawler 3.2 OD. Man, those tires are small!
Old 05-12-2017, 06:58 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

I guess this should be moved over to the 1.5 section. I'm not 100% sure, but I am going to ditch with 1.9's that came with the kit.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:05 PM   #12
I joined the Band!

Quote:
What is the OD of the tires you run on yours? Mine just came yesterday. When I got home from work this morning I just had to open the boxes and have a look. I'm used to the 1.9's and 2.2 on my Axial's, man those tires are small. I ordered a set of the Axial 1.55 BFG Crawler 3.2 OD. Man, those tires are small!

Here's my Kids CMX Bronco

MST CMX Bronco

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...7&share_type=t

We ran the stock tires and then we tried TF2 tires (3.7") and then some BFG AT knock offs (3.9")

The Barbie Jeep CFX runs 4.2" proline Flatirons or OG 1.9 rock stompers that are about the same.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:49 PM   #13
I joined the Band!

Did you get your kit yet?!?

Old 06-17-2017, 12:50 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Did you get your kit yet?!?

Sorry, went on vacation. Yes, the kit arrived. I decided that before I start on it, I should probably finish the SCX10.2 build that I started hella months ago. I was off from Monday morning until tonight and I was able to get a lot done. The SCX10.2 is done and the CFX is almost done.

The chassis build on the CFX is complete. The body is painted as well. I still need to put the mirrors and decals and such on the body. I'm on hold with the electronics and the wheels and tires. My soldering iron took a crap on me and I am waiting for the new one to arrive. I bought one from Home Depot, but hated it, so I took it back. Amazon to the rescue.

As for the wheels and tires, I'm trying to figure out what I want to do. The OD of the tires that came with the kit just look too small. I think that they also look funny on 1.9" wheels. So, I picked up a set of RC4WD 1.55 stamped steel wheels and some 1.55 Scambler tires. The 1.55's don't clear the upright weights and I still think that the tires look too small. I also think that they look too wide. I'll figure out what to do and place an order by Sunday. I'm working til Wednesday morning, so the parts will get to me in time for my time off. I'll be off Wednesday morning until Monday night. I'm hoping to get it done and take it out with a few friends on Saturday.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:34 AM   #15
I joined the Band!

What body did you get?

Old 06-17-2017, 03:48 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
What body did you get?

The LC40 body
Old 06-17-2017, 04:38 PM   #17
I joined the Band!

Quote:
The LC40 body

Cool, I looked at the Scrambler tires and they look way wide. The other thing I have found is that 1.55 RC4wd wheels off my TF2 have offset that doesn't let the tires tuck like the stock ones on my kids Bronco.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:55 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Cool, I looked at the Scrambler tires and they look way wide. The other thing I have found is that 1.55 RC4wd wheels off my TF2 have offset that doesn't let the tires tuck like the stock ones on my kids Bronco.

Yeah, the width of the tires and the offset of the wheels aren't doing it for me. As much as I want to run some 1.55's on this rig, I'm going to go with 1.9's. I have an unused set of G-Made SR02's laying around. I think the style of that wheel will go good with the LC40 body. The offset on them is only like .5mm, they should tuck in nice. I ordered some RC4WD Mud Pluggers. I like the tall (4") and skinny profile of them (1.25"). I did figure out that I can mount the upright weights different and make some more clearance. I'm going to try and fit the 5mm extension, from a set of Pro-Line scaler shocks, onto the stock shocks to get another 5mm out of them. I figure I'd try that before ordering some 80mm shocks.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:55 AM   #19
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Yeah, the width of the tires and the offset of the wheels aren't doing it for me. As much as I want to run some 1.55's on this rig, I'm going to go with 1.9's. I have an unused set of G-Made SR02's laying around. I think the style of that wheel will go good with the LC40 body. The offset on them is only like .5mm, they should tuck in nice. I ordered some RC4WD Mud Pluggers. I like the tall (4") and skinny profile of them (1.25"). I did figure out that I can mount the upright weights different and make some more clearance. I'm going to try and fit the 5mm extension, from a set of Pro-Line scaler shocks, onto the stock shocks to get another 5mm out of them. I figure I'd try that before ordering some 80mm shocks.

I found these cheap 1.9 wheels and painted them white, but they look too big, maybe bigger tires will help, but my Kid likes the stock tires.

https://www.asiatees.com/display?Boo...d=135181&pid=1

These look good, but it doesn't show the offset

As for shock mounts, they're pretty easy to make with aluminum, you can drill multiple holes for fine tuning.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:21 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I found these cheap 1.9 wheels and painted them white, but they look too big, maybe bigger tires will help, but my Kid likes the stock tires.

https://www.asiatees.com/display?Boo...d=135181&pid=1

These look good, but it doesn't show the offset

As for shock mounts, they're pretty easy to make with aluminum, you can drill multiple holes for fine tuning.

Not knowing the offset of the Yota Classic wheels is the only thing that has stopped me from ordering them.

Last edited by mhowzit; 06-21-2017 at 03:39 AM.

Mst cfx - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Project with MST CFX-W Cyberk Max Speed Technology CFX 8 03-22-2017 04:16 PM
Mst cfx-w nerdtek Max Speed Technology CFX 0 02-24-2017 08:01 PM
mst cfx-w axles available hotwheels000 Max Speed Technology CFX 3 01-27-2017 09:27 PM
Mst cfx-w Rcdood Chit Chat 50 01-11-2017 07:55 AM
has any one seen the new mst cfx w rig steven318is Newbie General 10 12-08-2016 10:15 AM