Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Max Speed Technology CFX

Notices

Thread: CFX-W Problems and must do upgrades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2017, 06:52 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: CFX-W Problems and must do upgrades

The one thing about this kit that really bugged me was the lack of pinion gear. Every other kit I've bought has come with a pinion included. Not this one. And not only that but they decided to use the M06 style of pinion. Not an easy find in my neck of the woods. Has anyone tried to swap the spur out for a 32P or 48P ?
OldNTired is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2017, 11:28 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNTired View Post
The one thing about this kit that really bugged me was the lack of pinion gear. Every other kit I've bought has come with a pinion included. Not this one. And not only that but they decided to use the M06 style of pinion. Not an easy find in my neck of the woods. Has anyone tried to swap the spur out for a 32P or 48P ?
It's because of where MST is from in regards to M06. Tamiya is really popular in those parts, so I'm guessing they followed suit in regards to Tamiya AV pinions.

You can pick up Tamiya AV pinions from TQ RC Racing - https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod...no=1&o_pg_no=1
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 11:35 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
It's because of where MST is from in regards to M06. Tamiya is really popular in those parts, so I'm guessing they followed suit in regards to Tamiya AV pinions.

You can pick up Tamiya AV pinions from TQ RC Racing - https://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/prod...no=1&o_pg_no=1
Thanks Soze! I'll check them out.
OldNTired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:31 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Is it worth ugrading to the MST aluminum shocks?
natskiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:22 PM   #25
Rock Crawler

Need the metal driveshaft. I piped the rear one on my maiden run. I was running a Holmes Hobbies 3500 normal motor (not XL) with the new Castle ESC on 3S. My wheels were the rc4wd wide wagon wheels with Voodoo KLRs and a 23 tooth pinion. Speed is lower than my scx10ii with a similar set up.

Rear driveshaft popped at the joint. It was already showing wear in the plastic. I popped it in the dirt from a hard takeoff frankly to see how much of a roost I could throw.

I love this little bugger though. I can tell it's going to be better than the scx10ii in a lot of ways.
MeanTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 12:36 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post
To those of you that are running one these rigs -

Have you found any issue with the strength of the portal gears and/or the shafts in them? That's my biggest concern for this rig..
I blew the portal gears front driver side, wasn't in a bind and the rig weighs about 5lbs.
travis c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 05:23 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by natskiboy View Post
Is it worth ugrading to the MST aluminum shocks?
Biggest problem I had with the shocks wasn't that they were plastic, it was their limited travel. I put some rc4wd 110mm shocks on and mounted them on the lower link bolt rather than on top the axle. This made a significant improvement in the amount of flex I was able to get without raising the ride height much.
robert@castle is offline   Reply With Quote

CFX-W Problems and must do upgrades - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mst cfx mhowzit Max Speed Technology CFX 51 04-16-2018 07:06 AM
Little Bastard CFX-W jrkilburn Max Speed Technology CFX 14 07-18-2017 06:06 AM
Parts compatibility between CMX/CFX/CFX-W mhowzit Max Speed Technology CMX 1 05-20-2017 07:19 AM
Just went out to the track for the FIRST TIME. Problems Problems Problems flyingrc Non Crawler RC's 4 07-23-2012 10:19 PM
Problems problems problems hope it's worth it in the end TJcreeperJEEP Venom Creeper 9 12-22-2009 04:54 PM