Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Max Speed Technology CMX

Notices

Thread: MST-CMX (Finally) 1.55 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2016, 08:29 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: MST-CMX (Finally) 1.55 build

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalry101 View Post
Where'd you get yours? I'm seeing them at Black Star Hobbies in Florida...toying with clicking order...
Hey it seems to be in stock here, thanks! I am clicking order, free shipping to boot.
dubyas1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2016, 10:20 PM   #22

I look forward to hearing reveies on these nearly a slightly smaller scx10

Im aldo interested yo know how the lockers hold up
boxhead1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 04:28 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyas1989 View Post
Hey it seems to be in stock here, thanks! I am clicking order, free shipping to boot.
I ordered mine last Sunday...still waiting for it to arrive. I should have created an online account with them, but I just did the PayPal quick checkout...haven't gotten any emails about tracking numbers as a result. Hopefully it will be here soon. Have you received yours or any tracking information?

Just to clarify, I'm not worried I'm getting ripped off...just anxious to get the build started.
metalry101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 07:02 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

I didn't order yet, I wanted to but I had a big vet bill come up the day before I got paid so hopefully they are still in stock next week.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:23 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalry101 View Post
I ordered mine last Sunday...still waiting for it to arrive. I should have created an online account with them, but I just did the PayPal quick checkout...haven't gotten any emails about tracking numbers as a result. Hopefully it will be here soon. Have you received yours or any tracking information?

Just to clarify, I'm not worried I'm getting ripped off...just anxious to get the build started.
Did you ever get your cmx? I finally ordered mine today and got the tracking email within 2 hours, hell the post office had received the package by then too, these guys work fast! And op, for someone who has never had a cc01 what is needed to mount a hard body? I'm going with th wrangler.

Last edited by dubyas1989; 03-29-2016 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:10 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Did you ever get your cmx? I finally ordered mine today and got the tracking email within 2 hours, hell the post office had received the package by then too, these guys work fast! And op, for someone who has never had a cc01 what is needed to mount the wrangler body? I know you said you glued a lot but is there anything I should order now? I'm also going with the wrangler, wanted one for a while.
Yep, I got it and got it built. Still working on the body and the details. But it drives...well...slides right now.

metalry101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:09 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Did you ever get your cmx? I finally ordered mine today and got the tracking email within 2 hours, hell the post office had received the package by then too, these guys work fast! And op, for someone who has never had a cc01 what is needed to mount a hard body? I'm going with th wrangler.
There are 4 body posts in the kit that will work fine if you want to go that route. Otherwise, you'll have to fab up a hidden mount.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:47 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Really neat ride. I will have to do some research on this. Thanks for sharing the build.
Jeepfixer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 06:33 PM   #29

This is a really cool concept - a smaller chassis to fit the Tamiya bodies. And I will definitely have one at some point, but with the bushings and plastic links it just doesn't seem like this kit is a good value. But value is one of the last things to come to mind when purchasing an RC and this one ranks pretty high on the cool list so I will have one as my next build or so. I'm just not sure which body I would want to put on top at this point.

I'm anxious to see your finished product.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 07:56 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

It might not seem like a good value on paper, but when you hold it in your hands itsa different story, I'm just finishing building the basic chassis and the plastic links are not that bad, way better than axial, but most people change links anyway so why include nice expensive ones? Same with the bushings, most people order an aftermarket bearing kit anyway, the ones who don't might not even notice the difference, plus most of the plastic parts have aluminum replacements available separately, like the links and driveshafts.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:30 AM   #31
Rock Stacker

Can you use a wheel/tire combo other than what comes with the kit? I read in an RCMart blog that you were limited to what came in the kit unless you bought a crawler widening kit.

Scale Crawler Showdown! MST CMX vs Tamiya CC-01 vs Axial SCX10 – rcMart Blog

Search Results of RC Cars, Hopup Parts, Engines, Servo, ESC on rcMart.com
aver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 01:44 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

look on the first page, he already has different tires and wheels on it, i have my cmx right in front of me and dont see why different wheels wouldnt go on, you probably cant put huge tires on it but if you keep it sensible you shouldnt have a problem.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:04 PM   #33
Rock Stacker

Quote:
look on the first page, he already has different tires and wheels on it, i have my cmx right in front of me and dont see why different wheels wouldnt go on, you probably cant put huge tires on it but if you keep it sensible you shouldnt have a problem.
Thanks, that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something to make them fit. I don't want to put crazy tires on mine when I get it, but I want to make sure it is capable. I also don't want to widen the track 20-25mm, either.

How do you like yours so far?
aver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 02:43 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Havent driven it, but the quality is very nice and the rig is solid, the esc seems sweet too, it's dean's wired and Lipo capable, there is a lot of plastic but it keeps weight and price down.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:19 PM   #35
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I'm anxious to see your finished product.
Soon.... just fabbed up some sliders, but they were a total fail and have to start over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aver3 View Post
Can you use a wheel/tire combo other than what comes with the kit?
Any 12mm wheel will fit, though tires over 110mm OD would look a bit goofy imo. It is a smallish chassis.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 03:23 PM   #36
Rock Crawler

This chassis is starting to look appealing for its intended purpose. I have several toy RC hard bodies with short wheelbases (and small wheel wells), and have considered selling all of them, but now I'm thinking I might hold on to them, until I get this chassis.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 05:49 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

Just to clarify for anyone getting custom links, the rear lowers measure 100-99 mm, not 109mm for the 252 wb. I have a Tamiya FJ40 body on and it fits the wb just right.
Loehdingc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:26 AM   #38
RCC Addict

Speaking of custom links, has anyone come up with a good solution for steel or titanium steering links yet? I prefer not to go with aluminum on the steering links since they tend to get bashed into rocks and I don't want them to bend.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:47 AM   #39
Rock Stacker

I havent upgraded a single part on mine other than tyres, and have had no problem with links. The steering link flexes a bit, but with a spacer filling thw gap i see no issue with mine. The sudpension links are also fine, as they are straight and are also stiffer than axial ones. Since this is a light truck, i dont think theres any need to replace any of the links.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Nzmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote

MST-CMX (Finally) 1.55 build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mst cmx way6317 Max Speed Technology CMX 19 09-04-2016 06:51 AM
Wranger YJ on MST CMX aircooled Max Speed Technology CMX 35 03-16-2016 06:16 AM
My first kit build ever finally done! Wehan G-Made Crawlers 3 05-12-2013 01:21 PM
finally got my build complete bigbeave1 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 6 03-04-2010 06:29 PM
I finally got to build a Toy Dumptruck 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 05-24-2008 01:49 PM