Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Max Speed Technology CMX

Notices

Thread: Yet another cmx build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2016, 09:41 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Yet another cmx build

Finally got my cmx in today, courtesy of black star hobbies, their shipping is super fast, free three day usps.
On to the goods, came in a way smaller box than I expected, I guess I shouldn't be surprised since I didn't order a body with it.

Came with nice instructions and a whole book of exploded views, nice!

Parts were well organised into numbered bags, and the parts feel very high quality.

I'm going to throw this thing together and try to take lots of pics during assembly, then I get to decide on a body, pajero or wrangler? Still not sure which ill do. As for wheels and tires I'm know I'm going with ssd 1.55" wheels and undecided tires.

Last edited by dubyas1989; 04-02-2016 at 09:44 AM.
dubyas1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2016, 02:35 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Yet another cmx build

So I have barely started this build and found some neat stuff already, and some not so neat stuff....
Starting with the cool stuff.
Cool little bag of tools, shock oil and black grease for the gears.

And the cool little multi wrench included.

On the not so cool list,
The links are almost entirely plastic, even the pivot balls, but I thinkbthats why the kit is so cheap, they use plastic links and bushings instead of bearings, but that's stuff most people change anyway. But the links are definitely better than axial plastic links.

Another cool point is the esc, direct wired to the motor with no connectors and wired for dean's! Not sure how long ill keep the motor esc combo, but ill give it a try.

Last edited by dubyas1989; 04-03-2016 at 01:18 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:31 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Finished building the stock chassis, compared here to my g made sawback,it's quite a bit smaller than the sawback and its already pretty small.
Man i really wish the included tires were 1.55's, I really like them but don't like how the 1.9" wheels look, they look too big.
Love these little axles!

Here it us next to the sawback

Next up is me ordering a body and some aluminum upgrades already offered by mst, then the wheels and tires.
After seeing how well the hilux cab fits on this chassis I'm very tempted to do a hilux truggy build, but still really want to do a wrangler or pajero, choices, choices.

Last edited by dubyas1989; 04-04-2016 at 12:01 AM.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:28 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Finally got my body and its mounted and painted, just need some wheels and tires now, it looks a little goofy because I left room for bigger tires so it looks like it sits high. A word of warning, the wrangler body is not just a drop in fit, you need to take the front lip off of the battery tray, shave the inside of the wrangler grill, and if you run a 252 mms wheelbase like I did, you need to shave the front cross member for servo clearance. If the weather cooperates ill have some shots on the rocks for you guys tomorrow.

And I promise to get some pics with a better camera soon.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:59 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

finally got some better pics, also lowered the body, plus i have become very attached to the stock tires, need some different wheels, but love the tires,just had to soften them up a little.

and a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdN3PFhUPEo

Yet another cmx build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MST-CMX (Finally) 1.55 build OSRC Max Speed Technology CMX 38 06-27-2017 02:47 AM
Mst cmx way6317 Max Speed Technology CMX 19 09-04-2016 06:51 AM
MST CMX 1.5 Jeep Wrangler build BKcrawler Max Speed Technology CMX 9 06-22-2016 04:23 PM
Wranger YJ on MST CMX aircooled Max Speed Technology CMX 35 03-16-2016 06:16 AM
MST CMX Review shannwah General Scale Talk 0 03-07-2016 12:38 PM