Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Max Speed Technology CMX

Notices

Thread: MST CMX TJ take 2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2016, 03:02 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: MST CMX TJ take 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.krug View Post
Great looking Jeep and she crawls real nice too.
You got some great places to crawl in your neck of the woods.
Thanks! Yeah, these mountains are the source of most of my enjoyment in life (scale crawlers and driving sports cars) so I'm pretty lucky lol
03NCTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2016, 02:53 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

I ordered a 2s Lipo battery tray from shapeways a while back and when it arrived it was way smaller than I expected. So I threw it in a parts drawer and fabbed up a mount to accommodate my much larger packs. The problem with this tray is, my hard pack lipos wouldnt fit under this body in the location my mount placed them and second, the NiMh packs I have are heavy. So, last week on a whim, I came across 4, Flourion 2s 2200mah packs on the cheap. Having already bought the Flourion 5200mah packs (NiMh 6 cell sized) and being pleased with them, I figured Id give these a shot. They arrived today and I charged the first one and threw it in Scrappy (my Class 2 Jeep, way heavier and way bigger tires) and took it for a stroll. I ran continuously around the yard and even went down the driveway to check the mail. I ran a lot of WOT with some crawling, rock bouncing, and hill climbing thrown in for good measure. Long story short, I eventually broke the servo on a pretty long, rough tumble and came inside. My run time was 30-40 minutes and I still had battery left. Im going to swap the mounting tray over on the MST tonight and run these packs exclusively in this truck Ill post before and after pictures when Im done.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Last edited by 03NCTJ; 10-17-2016 at 05:36 PM.
Old 10-17-2016, 07:16 PM   #23
RCC Addict

That is clean.
hillbillyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 07:55 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

https://youtu.be/y1YXIWXEftM
Old 10-22-2016, 07:50 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Default A Day at Knobby Creek

Spent the day at Knobby Creek Off-Road Park with the little MST. I am over the moon with how my little Jeep did today. It performs just like youd expect a real TJ on 35/37s to perform. The park was awesome and I cant thank Ronnie and Thomas enough for the invite. Cant wait to go back!

Old 12-03-2016, 08:31 AM   #26
RCC Addict

Can you post detail pics of how you mounted the front and rear bumpers? Also, do you have any ideas for mounting side rails?
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 12:24 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Turned out great and looks like a ton of fun at the park!

Love how nicely the hardbody fits on there, opens lots of nicely detailed Tamiya bodies to fit too.

Last edited by Natedog; 12-06-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 01:13 AM   #28
RCC Addict

Nevermind, I figured out the bumper situation. Thanks for figuring out that the RC4WD rear bumper fits this vehicle; that saved me a lot of trial and error.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:25 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Hey guys, sorry that I haven't replied. Going through a separation right now and have just been burying myself in other things to stay busy. Thanks for the comments though. Fyrstormer, the rear bumper I had to make some plates from some rigid fiberboard I had lying around and like you said, the rc4wd bumper mounts on it like normal.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:56 AM   #30
RCC Addict

Sorry to hear about your separation. Hopefully at the end of it all it's at least a relief. Be very careful about burying yourself in work to distract you from your feelings; that's how I ended up in the ER having a nervous breakdown. They gave me a shot of liquid Ativan straight into my veins (the medication they use to stop grand-mal seizures), and I had to ask for a second dose -- that's how wound-up I was. 3.5 years later I still haven't recovered. If there is any silver lining for me, it's that I can be an example of what happens if you bury your anger and frustration for too long. Find ways to acknowledge and deal with it before your brain fries itself.

- - -

I'm using a different body that needed the bumpers to be mounted lower-down, so I was able to cannibalize the stock bumpers to mount my RC4WD bumpers instead of needing to fab a mount from scratch. Here's what I came up with:

Last edited by fyrstormer; 03-29-2018 at 07:07 PM.
Old 12-17-2016, 07:52 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
Sorry to hear about your separation. Hopefully at the end of it all it's at least a relief. Be very careful about burying yourself in work to distract you from your feelings; that's how I ended up in the ER having a nervous breakdown. They gave me a shot of liquid Ativan straight into my veins (the medication they use to stop grand-mal seizures), and I had to ask for a second dose -- that's how wound-up I was. 3.5 years later I still haven't recovered. If there is any silver lining for me, it's that I can be an example of what happens if you bury your anger and frustration for too long. Find ways to acknowledge and deal with it before your brain fries itself.

- - -

I'm using a different body that needed the bumpers to be mounted lower-down, so I was able to cannibalize the stock bumpers to mount my RC4WD bumpers instead of needing to fab a mount from scratch. Here's what I came up with:

Wow, that looks great man. Thanks for the kind words too. I'm throwing myself into a 1:1 project at the moment so that has me doing something I love with people who I love so I think I'll be OK..... Until the project is done and I end up in the hospital lol (J35A4 3.5L V6 swap in my Miata)
Old 12-17-2016, 08:27 PM   #32
RCC Addict

As long as you're not sitting at home alone brooding when you're not at work, and/or doing more work from home as soon as you leave the office. That was my big mistake, but nobody was there to point it out to me.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:08 PM   #33

Whats the length of your shocks and how did you mount them? Can you also show some pics on how you mounted your pan hard. Thanks
pinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Looks great!
mhowzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:52 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy View Post
Whats the length of your shocks and how did you mount them? Can you also show some pics on how you mounted your pan hard. Thanks
Wow, its been a while since I was in here, sorry. The shocks are 90mm SCX10 shocks in the front and 80mm RC4WD shocks in the rear. Rears are mounted at the LCAs in on the axle and stock points on the hoops, fronts are stock location on the axles with a "lowering kit" on the hoops to give it more stroke and stock ride height. The Panhard bar.... I did a crappy video but its the best I have atm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arp9SH4auTk&t=2s

MST CMX TJ take 2 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mst cmx way6317 Max Speed Technology CMX 19 09-04-2016 06:51 AM
Mst Cmx in the fantasy wood Gicab Max Speed Technology CMX 2 05-12-2016 06:02 PM
MST CMX sand scorcher Gicab Videos! 5 04-28-2016 05:08 PM
Wranger YJ on MST CMX aircooled Max Speed Technology CMX 35 03-16-2016 06:16 AM
MST CMX Review shannwah General Scale Talk 0 03-07-2016 12:38 PM