Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Mega/Monster Trucks

Notices

Thread: SCX10 Mud Truck, Mega Truck Ideas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2014, 09:11 PM   #1

Default SCX10 Mud Truck, Mega Truck Ideas

Hey guys I'm looking into building my scx10 into a brushless mud truck, or even closer to a mega truck. As of right now, the truck has only a few slight mods so I'm totally open to suggestions. Tires, brushless combo, all upgrades etc. Also pictures would be greatly appreciated. For a budget I'd love to keep it at most the $500 range. Thank you!
thejudge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2014, 06:43 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: SCX10 Mud Truck, Mega Truck Ideas

Some narrowed maxx tires, the body of your choice, and 4s powa. MMP and a sensored 3500-4000 kV
range. This is 3s 4000kv 4pole... LonleyCreepers Mud Run: LonleyCreepers Mud Run - YouTube

And the build thread..Outlaw Mud Truck?
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:26 PM   #3
20K Club

I have chassis plans up that I built my Mega Truck from. You can download them here: Mega Mud Truck Chassis Template | Harley Designs

Although I built mine off Twin Force axles, it could easily be scaled 80 to 90 percent and built for SCX axles.

Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:19 AM   #4

What do you guys think for power? I was looking at the castle sidewinder 4600 kv. also I'd like to keep the factory chassis, I want to still be able to have a performing trail truck if I want, yet still have the truck perform over mud, and some jumps. I want to switch the tires back and forth and call it good. Although the truck will mainly be focused on speed and mud, I want to keep that as a factor. I really don't want to alter the truck to a point where it only performs in one area.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:46 PM   #5
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejudge1 View Post
What do you guys think for power? I was looking at the castle sidewinder 4600 kv. also I'd like to keep the factory chassis, I want to still be able to have a performing trail truck if I want, yet still have the truck perform over mud, and some jumps. I want to switch the tires back and forth and call it good. Although the truck will mainly be focused on speed and mud, I want to keep that as a factor. I really don't want to alter the truck to a point where it only performs in one area.
A 4600 will make the truck worthless on the trail. Mud trucks need some wheel speed but nothing insane. It needs to be controllable mainly. Something closer to 3000KV is going to be a better choice.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:43 PM   #6

Run around a 3000kv on 3 or 4s plenty of wheel speed but keep ur low end control
crawlincraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #7

Anyone have experience on unlocking the scx10 axle? I'm thinking that will be a great improvement also.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:33 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Location: Working in my dream RC workshop and remodeling my entire home.

I'm currently working on a mud truck build so to speak. I'll be running it on a VXL ESC and a 35t powered with 2 and 3s. I may switch that to a full VXL setup, but I want to see how it performs first. I'm using a stock chassis and RR'd tranny. The front links are slightly extended Wraith lowers and the stock SCX rears for the uppers. The rear links are 8-32 all thread, 1/4 inch brake line, and RPM Revo ends. The front driveshaft is steel CKRC unit and the rear is two SCX drives glued together with metal yokes. For spinners, I'm using 2.2 Pro-Line 8-shooters and RC4WD Rock Cushers. The body will be a Savage XL '79 ext cab F-150 which may get painted tonight. My wheelbase is right at 14 inches. Big truck! Like an 1/8th scale SCX!!

MAXXMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote

SCX10 Mud Truck, Mega Truck Ideas - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can we get a mega truck - mud truck - monster truck section? Calderwood Comments, Suggestions, and Help 46 08-07-2015 11:15 AM
Mega mud truck tires- what is everyone using? Hoyta Tires and Wheels 30 11-12-2014 04:46 PM
Project Mega Mud Truck Harley Videos! 1 06-13-2014 11:31 PM
Trigger King R/C Mega Truck Series - Mud Racing thisdougsforu Competitions 0 04-30-2014 01:45 PM