Notices

Thread: Barbaric

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2015, 12:29 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default re: Barbaric

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post

I'm not sure, I just love the look and they seem to be heavily sought after, a few popped up so I took a chance on it...
Just referring to the metal sway bar arm position, lengths and rod end link geometry. The design, from what I can see was based on chassis fitment but I am sure it will work, just not as good as a properly setup sway-bar linkage. Carry on
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2015, 12:31 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
Just referring to the metal sway bar arm position, lengths and rod end link geometry. The design, from what I can see was based on chassis fitment but I am sure it will work, just not as good as a properly setup sway-bar linkage. Carry on
Was designed by King Klod, from what I have heard and read he knows his stuff when it comes to MT's.

But I do respect your opinion Shane as I know what you have done with RC's for quite some time.
ROWDY RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 12:35 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Anyone have any experience with the RC4WD Digger axles?

Thread title changed, going a different route, may build both if so they will get seperate threads maybe..

Last edited by ROWDY RACING; 02-20-2015 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:32 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Barbaric

Damn, that's just cool. Reminds me of erector sets too, in a good way.
hpiguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 12:01 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Trans for barbarian built, 94grams/3.3oz.

HR aluminum gears

Crawler Innovations outputs, with extended length in front so I can run maxx shafts.

I am trying to keep things fairly light.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 677
Size:  175.6 KB
Old 02-21-2015, 12:23 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Got a 50% off coupon for Castle, what system to buy for the barbarian race truck?
Old 02-21-2015, 02:13 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Well, standard clod sized tires (granted tire sizes change even for a given model) are only .3" larger than what is on my E Revo (for now). Castle offers a combo deal on the MM2 and 2200KV motor setup (which was stock for my generation E Revo), and it has plenty of balls IMO. It's capable of up to 6s operation, so I don't think you'd ever want for more power honestly. Hell, at half price, that's likely the bargain of the year.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:21 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpiguy View Post
Well, standard clod sized tires (granted tire sizes change even for a given model) are only .3" larger than what is on my E Revo (for now). Castle offers a combo deal on the MM2 and 2200KV motor setup (which was stock for my generation E Revo), and it has plenty of balls IMO. It's capable of up to 6s operation, so I don't think you'd ever want for more power honestly. Hell, at half price, that's likely the bargain of the year.
I don't think an Axial drive train will handle that.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:33 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

You need to beef up that drivetrain, gotta have scale HP bro. You just need a super shafty trans and some Dlux axles and you're all set. In all seriousness though, you're right, stock axles will likely grenade. But with the weight of this rig, and the size tires you'll be running, I still think that KV range is in the right neighborhood. Just run less voltage and make adjustments via castle link for TQ limiting or punch control. Maybe I'm way off though, I've never looked into one of these, what are other guys running in theirs?
Old 02-21-2015, 06:17 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Seems most run high kv and 2s.

I am thinking 3000-4000 kv and 3s.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:34 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

In one of my wraith MT's, 4000kv on 3s was a little bit crazy. I think I had the diffs free. Ignore the lame video quality.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial...ml#post4134049
Old 02-21-2015, 06:37 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

That looked like a blast!
Old 02-21-2015, 06:46 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Was and that truck had some weight to it as well. 4000kv was cool, the drivetrain would hold up but it's wheels that I busted on high speed landings/crashes.
Also, if you do run open diffs, the paper shims are required between the ring gear and diff housing. Learned that the assemble/disassemble hard way.
Also, I saw a few setups of the chassis you posted above on rtr trucks and the sway bar setup looks better at ride height.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:52 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
Was and that truck had some weight to it as well. 4000kv was cool, the drivetrain would hold up but it's wheels that I busted on high speed landings/crashes.
Also, if you do run open diffs, the paper shims are required between the ring gear and diff housing. Learned that the assemble/disassemble hard way.
Also, I saw a few setups of the chassis you posted above on rtr trucks and the sway bar setup looks better at ride height.
Thanks for all the tips Shane.

Yeah if your on the solid axle FB group that chassis is hot right now. I plan to make the barbarian a race truck, not sure what route I will go with the KK2 racer or scale.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:55 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

In the theme of trying to stay relatively light I just ordered this Castle system, if it doesn't work out I have another 50% and 30% off coupons, gotta love gifts from the racetrack!

Castle Creations | SCT Race Pro
Old 02-22-2015, 03:55 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

See, I was wrong as usual. Those trucks look like a freaking blast to run.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:10 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
See, I was wrong as usual. Those trucks look like a freaking blast to run.
There really was no wrong answer.

I looked at the setup you mentioned in my E Revo and thought better against its size and weight for this build is all.

To rear steer or not to rear steer, that is the question...

Kinda goes against light and simple BUT if the reward outweighs the risk I'm down.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:58 PM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Well, I appreciate that Rowdy. I would likely do rear steer just for the sake of scale, especially if you can activate / deactivate it from the radio. Then again, it does add cost and more points of failure in addition to weight.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:49 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well, I appreciate that Rowdy. I would likely do rear steer just for the sake of scale, especially if you can activate / deactivate it from the radio. Then again, it does add cost and more points of failure in addition to weight.
Will likely be more worried about scale with the KK2, race minded is the barbarian.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:50 AM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING View Post
In the theme of trying to stay relatively light I just ordered this Castle system, if it doesn't work out I have another 50% and 30% off coupons, gotta love gifts from the racetrack!

Castle Creations | SCT Race Pro
That's not a bad motor at all. I used one to break a lot of parts right up until I busted the 3 mm output off.

I'm running a 4250 4 pole from trackstar and one of their 150 amp esc's in the mega truck and it is fully and completely fawktarded. Low gear on the summit trans is pretty slow and absolutely controllable. High gear is not. The only way to describe is is stupid. Anything over about 1/3rd throttle is he wheelie territory and if you don't creep up to it it'll back flip instantly. I'm thinking that once I have the narrowed Maxx tires on it things will calm down... mebbe...
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote