Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Mega/Monster Trucks

Notices

Thread: DirtyChevy's Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2017, 01:05 PM   #41

Default Re: DirtyChevy's Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyChevy45 View Post
yes both SSD. great price high quality. i'm waiting for there cvd's to come back in stock i'm just using stock axial front axle shafts untill then. or if vanquish will ever sell there new axle shafts without having to buy the locker and all that or individually for an insane amount of money...

and honestly i'm not a fan... they leak and i haven't even drove the truck yet. i know i can probably figure out an oring to work better.... but the more i look i think maybe a set of proline powerstrokes for the yeti may be a better match. i love my gmades i just have to make some sort of bracket to get the ride height i want because they are a little short.

Mike
The RC4WD King shocks are notorious for leaking. That's one of the main reasons I didn't think you'd be happy with them. The upgraded Axial King shocks from the Bomber kit are actually better in my experience. The only thing is the bottom of the shock body and the shock end are plastic, unfortunately, but I haven't had any problems with that up to this point. Those are on my Bomber not an MT though.

I got a set of lightly used ProLine Powerstrokes from, I believe, the classifieds on this site. I refused to pay full price because I think ProLine is insane. They are very nice. I haven't put them on my MT yet, but they are smooth. They are huge in diameter though so they won't look scale.

GMade makes nice shocks for sure.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2017, 02:04 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The RC4WD King shocks are notorious for leaking. That's one of the main reasons I didn't think you'd be happy with them. The upgraded Axial King shocks from the Bomber kit are actually better in my experience. The only thing is the bottom of the shock body and the shock end are plastic, unfortunately, but I haven't had any problems with that up to this point. Those are on my Bomber not an MT though.

I got a set of lightly used ProLine Powerstrokes from, I believe, the classifieds on this site. I refused to pay full price because I think ProLine is insane. They are very nice. I haven't put them on my MT yet, but they are smooth. They are huge in diameter though so they won't look scale.

GMade makes nice shocks for sure.

yeah and i read about the problems with them leaking but figured id give them a shot but i haven't even had a chance to do anything with them i still may run them for awhile and just deal with it before i pony up the money for some yeti size powerstrokes

i figured with the weight the larger bore may help. i'm still trying to figure out a swaybar setup before i make one...
DirtyChevy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:11 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyChevy45 View Post
yeah and i read about the problems with them leaking but figured id give them a shot but i haven't even had a chance to do anything with them i still may run them for awhile and just deal with it before i pony up the money for some yeti size powerstrokes

i figured with the weight the larger bore may help. i'm still trying to figure out a swaybar setup before i make one...
You can sell the Kings if you want to part ways. People love them despite the leaking issues. Some people claim they can get them to work without leaking as well.

Yes, the big bore of the Powerstroke will be great for the extra weight. They just don't look scale so if you can look past that you'll probably love them.

The Axial SMT10 comes with Swaybars. You can buy take-off ones on eBay usually for cheap. There is also the Hot Racing Swaybar setup for Wraiths. There are other sway bars options as well such as RH Designs (Facebook) and JEC (Facebook) might also have some. I'm not sure which will work best for your chassis.
JatoTheRipper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:27 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
You can sell the Kings if you want to part ways. People love them despite the leaking issues. Some people claim they can get them to work without leaking as well.

Yes, the big bore of the Powerstroke will be great for the extra weight. They just don't look scale so if you can look past that you'll probably love them.

The Axial SMT10 comes with Swaybars. You can buy take-off ones on eBay usually for cheap. There is also the Hot Racing Swaybar setup for Wraiths. There are other sway bars options as well such as RH Designs (Facebook) and JEC (Facebook) might also have some. I'm not sure which will work best for your chassis.
i'm sure i culd sell them and offset some of the cost of the proline's i know there are people that love them and kinda why i wanted to try them. i wont get rid of the gmades i know that

as long as they are within reason of looking scalish i'm okay with that if they are a little big but perform great i can deal with the difference in size.

i was looking into those and i found come CPE ones that aren't in stock but i think the measurments may work i have to check later but ill look into those others and see how they may work. if not ill make some and machine some arms. currentlly as it sits with just the weight of the chassis it needs swaybars lol i can only imagine with the battery and electronics weight!
Old 08-11-2017, 08:48 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Well it's officially got its name...... presenting.... "Copperhead"
Attached Images

Old 08-16-2017, 12:42 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

figured out how i'm gonna do the body mounts, hopefully painting the other body this weekend and still looking into receivers and which to get. ordering the last bit of wiring supplies to get it wired up and making my mounting plates for everything. still trying to figure where to mount the battery....

DirtyChevy's Project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Start of a new Deadbolt project. Lets call it Project: Cheapbolt Prime Axial SCX-10 211 01-07-2017 09:53 AM