RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Mega/Monster Trucks (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/mega-monster-trucks/)
-   -   DirtyChevy's Project (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/mega-monster-trucks/545020-dirtychevys-project.html)

DirtyChevy45 09-16-2015 08:19 AM

Dirtychevy45's project "Copperhead"

well i picked up a body today to start my new project. heres a list of things i have been thinking of using/going to use

Boyer tube chassis
King Shocks
Clod wheels and Tires (for now)
Castle Motor and ESC
Freestyle Rc Trans
Axles are a Toss up (Diggers, Blackwells, Vanquish Curries)

Figuring the 80's chevy body or if wheelbase is to short using a Crew cab Chevy body.

not sure on reciever yet or steering servo

not sure on battery yet i'm assumin lipo and maybe 2s 5000mah?

links ill make myself and get the rod ends accordingly

excited to be getting back into the R/C world missed it let me know if anyone has feedback or suggestions.

Mike

how do i attatch pictures to posts as well?

WesTX 09-16-2015 10:13 AM

Re: DirtyChevy's Project

1 Attachment(s)
Check this out on the reply screen:

Click on the manage attachments button and add your pics.

Wes

DirtyChevy45 09-16-2015 10:41 AM

i don't have a star.... can't just attatch

WesTX 09-16-2015 10:50 AM

Ahhh, ok.

If you have them hosted elsewhere online its the little mountain looking button then put in the URL for the pic.

Wes

Cheddarcheesus 09-17-2015 09:09 AM

I use the app Tapatalk on my phone. Puts all my forums on one app. It also takes all of the guess work out of posting pictures as long as they are on your phone. Just a suggestion haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtyChevy45 09-17-2015 01:02 PM

Deciding on Axles has givin me such a headache....

Diggers- there scale looking like the way there servo mounts behind the axle, they are just so wide!! may have to modify offset on rims to bring them back inward a bit if possible. or find a company to make some i guess.

Blackwells- locked diffs and they are narrow just a bit wider than the body and with clod tires think would "fit" right... but steering is going to be a nightmare seeing how they were designed with on chassis servo steering

Curries- not really "scale" looking for a MT IMO. but there are alot of parts available for them and can lock and unloock the diff for running.

i plan on building more of a race clod later on with a different chassis but right now i'm torn between these ooptions.....

ugh

kinda what i was thinking but could add wideners to offset the rim and tire a bit...i just don't want it to be so wide its ugly lol

thinking of going with diggers

MSH 09-18-2015 02:59 AM

those blackwells are way to small imo.

THX_138 09-20-2015 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheddarcheesus (Post 5298401)
I use the app Tapatalk on my phone. Puts all my forums on one app. It also takes all of the guess work out of posting pictures as long as they are on your phone. Just a suggestion haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn't take the guess work out of correctly sized pictures for the forums rules.

The image size limit is 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels tall.

Tapatalk will NOT correctly size your images for you when they are submitted posted.

You must edit and correct image size in your PC's, tablets and or phones photo albums before loading them to tapatalk to add to any post or thread here on the forum

800x600 is the image size limit

DirtyChevy45 09-21-2015 12:05 PM

still, wish i could upload pics right from my PC without having to pay.....

welp decided ill use the digger axles. hopefully pick them up within the next few weeks. going to get the trans coming by the end of this week. gettin excited hopefully this body works!!

Ballistic17 09-21-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyChevy45 (Post 5300729)
still, wish i could upload pics right from my PC without having to pay.....

welp decided ill use the digger axles. hopefully pick them up within the next few weeks. going to get the trans coming by the end of this week. gettin excited hopefully this body works!!

Use a hosting site like Photobucket. Just up load your pics there and use the "img code" and post in your thread. That's what I do

DirtyChevy45 09-25-2015 08:24 AM

welp decided on a body.

Pro-Line Chevy Silverado HD Body 3385 for Short Course

ordering today should fit those axles nicely. hopefully get the trans ordered today as well!

welp got my trans in and it is awesome, going to compliment this build alot more than i had thought... body will be here tomorrow and then i just need to round up the axles.
I need to figure out this picture thing on photobucket or what not so i can put some up.

progress is slow, still deciding on a body... but as soon as i get the axles here it's all going to be shipped back out to get the chassis build going....exciting stuff

DirtyChevy45 10-23-2015 12:08 PM

okay just ordered some Gmade shocks today to go on the truck, waiting on the right body to get here. that short course body was entirely to big, and now that ive settled on a wraith width axle i won't need it so i got another one coming new chevy crew cab body!

things are slowly coming together ive settled on a chassis design as well for Mr Boyer so as soon as i get the few parts i need to send to him off it all goes!

DirtyChevy45 11-03-2015 11:35 AM

got the shocks in and got them assembled.... very impressed with the function of them pretty cool. gonna try them out and see how they do. also got the body in and need to trim it up. then off it all goes to John to start on the Chassis. excited to get it started!

DirtyChevy45 11-03-2015 12:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
some pics...

DirtyChevy45 11-06-2015 06:30 AM

Everythings boxed up and on it's way to John! will be getting parts while waiting. not sure on ESC or motor yet all these new combos idk whats the best for an MT.... same thing with receiver. know what tires and rims i'm going to get first and have to wait for axles to come out.

DirtyChevy45 11-11-2015 01:39 PM

just looking into parts for this build and was curious what you guys thought a good motor and esc would be.... i'm leaning towards castle but not sure which of there products would go good with this setup.... input?

DirtyChevy45 11-12-2015 03:25 PM

no input? from anyone?

altd896 11-12-2015 09:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Last I checked this was a crawler forum not a MT forum so experience with your exact combo may be limited, hence no advice.

Added to it barely being 16 hours since you asked the question it may take a while for someone with experience to find your post, hence no advice.

Lastly I can tell you I run an CC MMP & 3800kv 4 pole SCT combo on 3s in my ar60 Barbarian MT using the Axial trans with 56/16 spur/pinion so gear ratios need to be taken into account there, hence still no useful advice.

DirtyChevy45 11-13-2015 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by altd896 (Post 5331039)
Last I checked this was a crawler forum not a MT forum so experience with your exact combo may be limited, hence no advice.

Added to it barely being 16 hours since you asked the question it may take a while for someone with experience to find your post, hence no advice.

Lastly I can tell you I run an CC MMP & 3800kv 4 pole SCT combo on 3s in my ar60 Barbarian MT using the Axial trans with 56/16 spur/pinion so gear ratios need to be taken into account there, hence still no useful advice.

Hey, somethings better than nothing lol. Thanks for the input!!

DirtyChevy45 11-13-2015 07:04 AM

also contrary to what you said it's been 26 hours... and i also understand this is a "crawler" forum but looking in this Mega/Monster truck section... theres alot of people who share the same intrest figured there would be some imput on it. i see alot of sensless arguing over the usual. but none the less with as much activity this forum has i figured in 26 hours...someone would have said something...