Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Miscellaneous > Mega/Monster Trucks

Notices

Thread: Mega Mud Trail truck

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2016, 11:06 AM   #1
Nope..

Default Mega Mud Trail truck

I started seeing all the cool builds and couldn't help myself so I had to build one. I saw a guy talking about 3D printing some wheels so after a short talk with him and a week later I had these in 2.8x1.5.

Modeled after these.

At first I tried them on my Bomber.

I liked the tire and wheel combo and hated the truck for what I like doing. So I traded the Bomber roller for roller for a upgraded kit version Wraith. Slapped the wheels on it and installed my Velinion in it.

I knew I wanted it LOW (which was 50% of the reason I hated the Bomber.) so I bolted on some drop brackets and slammed it along with modding the Spawn body to fit.

So far I'm pretty happy with it. It handles really well and jumps nice and flat.
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2016, 12:50 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Mega Mud Trail truck

Turned out looking sweet !! not sure of the wheel color but that is just miner detail lol wheel is awesome looking !! they well be mud colored soon more then likely.
rjwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:24 PM   #3
Nope..

Thanks! I wasn't sure of a plan when I had them made and it was either black or gray if I wanted them soon or wait who knows how long and get a different color. I also had some huge negative offset Clod wheels made in black for a Wraith based Monster truck that I'll be building this summer.

One of the cool features of the 3D printing material is that it seems really slick. Any kind of mud and gunk just slides right off of it.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:20 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstain View Post
Thanks! I wasn't sure of a plan when I had them made and it was either black or gray if I wanted them soon or wait who knows how long and get a different color. I also had some huge negative offset Clod wheels made in black for a Wraith based Monster truck that I'll be building this summer.

One of the cool features of the 3D printing material is that it seems really slick. Any kind of mud and gunk just slides right off of it.
I was wondering what they charged to do them wheels not the same design but same size and if who ever made for you would be interested in doing more??
rjwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:24 AM   #5
Nope..

I got a big discount to test the prototypes. From what he said his work has picked up a lot and he didn't have time to do anything right now.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:21 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Those rims are sick. I would love a set of 1.9 for my 6x6 if they make them. The rig looks good I love the lower stance. What motor you running?
W1ck3d0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 10:55 PM   #7
Nope..

Quote:
Originally Posted by W1ck3d0n3 View Post
Those rims are sick. I would love a set of 1.9 for my 6x6 if they make them. The rig looks good I love the lower stance. What motor you running?
Currently it has a Velinion system in it running on 3S. I'll probably pull it in favor of a MMP and some other motor this summer.

Mega Mud Trail truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My mega mud truck 2manyprojects Mega/Monster Trucks 6 02-24-2016 09:18 AM
72 mega mud truck onebigyota Mega/Monster Trucks 0 11-29-2015 09:34 AM
Can we get a mega truck - mud truck - monster truck section? Calderwood Comments, Suggestions, and Help 46 08-07-2015 11:15 AM
SCX10 Mud Truck, Mega Truck Ideas thejudge1 Mega/Monster Trucks 7 11-08-2014 07:33 PM